The simFlight Network Forums

removeATC option

I added RemoveATC=Yes to the general section of fsuipc.ini file and ATCwindow on fs2004 still works perfectly.......

I missed something?????

Show me the FSUIPC Log please. Which FS2004 are you using -- it may need the FS9.1 upgrade.

Pete

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.60 by Pete Dowson *********

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name="Maurizio Carrieri"

User Addr="lotus11@tin.it"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=4000B7AF[4000B7AF]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=15

59812 System time = 23:39:25

59844 C:\Programmi\Flight Simulator 9\

59844 System time = 23:39:25, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

96312 C:\Documents and Settings\Muarizio\Documenti\File di Flight Simulator\standard.flt

96516 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

97109 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

118125 Module [M1] identified = "sb3gaugebridge.dll"

118125 Module [M1] "sb3gaugebridge.dll" access registration is okay

118125 RemoveATC: Intercepting ATC window calls to prevent them appearing

118125 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 000265f4

118125 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0001a961

118125 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0002a631

118125 Module [M2] identified = "ActiveRadar.dll"

118125 Module [M2] "ActiveRadar.dll" access registration is okay

118906 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

276687 C:\Documents and Settings\Muarizio\Documenti\File di Flight Simulator\Volo generato da UI.flt

277281 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

355187 Traffic File #28 = "scenery\world\scenery\traffic"

355734 Traffic File #44 = "cloud9\aviano\scenery\c9_traffic"

356156 Traffic File #42 = "c:\programmi\flight simulator 9\lago\bologna\scenery\traffic-lipe"

357703 Traffic File #47 = "cloud9\pisa\scenery\trafficc130"

383594 C:\Documents and Settings\Muarizio\Documenti\File di Flight Simulator\Volo generato da UI.flt

384406 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

404641 System time = 23:45:09, FS2004 time = 23:40:09 (21:40Z)

404641 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 530 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ****

118125 RemoveATC: Intercepting ATC window calls to prevent them appearing

118125 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 000265f4

118125 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0001a961

118125 Patching ATC to recover ATC.DLL crashes at 0002a631

Yes, that's okay. It's is "fixing" ATC. Please now explain exactly what you are doing and what you are seeing.

Regards,

Pete

ATC window appears normally on fs2004; when I use rcv4 with fsuipc 3.60 it appears fsuipc display and if I call ATC window, it appears and fsuipc display disappears....

excuse me for my bad english...I hope you have understood....

ATC window appears normally on fs2004

What does it say when it appears? You mean whilst you are flying or taxiing, ATC talks to you and shows the Windows, or is this only for AI traffic? I'm sorry, but I still don't understand your term "normally" in these circumstances. There are windows, of course, but ATC windows? Which ones?

when I use rcv4 with fsuipc 3.60 it appears fsuipc display and if I call ATC window, it appears and fsuipc display disappears....

YOU are calling the ATC window yourself? Why, if you are using RCV4? Surely you don't use both? My patches should eliminate the ATC windows coming up automatically.

excuse me for my bad english...I hope you have understood....

No, not at all yet. Sorry. What is the title on these ATC windows (literally, please), and when, precisely, do they appear when using RCV4, say?

Regards,

Pete

yes,

I call ATC window myself because I thought fsuipc 3.60 eliminated ATC window at all....

Actually, it does hereif it is called "ATC Window". Now I thought I got the name from the Language DLL so it should recognise it with a different name too, but maybe it doesn't. Can you confirm the name please?

now I understand it eliminate automatic coming up only of ATC window

It is mainly aimed at doing that, yes. If you get any appearing, could you let me know please? What language version of FS are you running?

The main thing RemoveATC=Yes really does is make three patches to ATC.DLL to prevent that DLL crashing in certain strange circumstances which ONLY otherwise happen if you switch off all three ATC options in FS -- the window interception was done first in an attempt to fix the crashes, but that didn't actually fix them. This explains the name of the option, though.

I would like the option to match the name I gave it if possible (and it certainly does here). This is the reason for my continued questioning. If I cannot then I will need to change the documentation in any case, but it did work as advertised on all the test cases before release.

Regards,

Pete

atc.dll this is the name yes,

I use fs2004 italian version

Sorry, I don't want the name of the DLL -- it is always ATC.DLL. It is the name of the Window, as shown in the title bar of the Window!!

Can you answer any of the other questions at all, please? I'm puzzled as to exactly what you see and when you see it.

I would attach the file on mail but it does not attack files with dll extension

I don't want it in any case, it isn't relevant - the Log shows that the DLL is the same (or same enough) because otherwise the patches would not be applied.

AND never ever send any files in their raw state in any case. ALWAYS zip them. Most ISPs and protection systems will stop any files looking like programs or registry data!

Regards,

Pete

Controllo traffico aereo

this is the exact name of ATC window in italian version

in opzioni "options", impostazioni ATC "settings ATC", I disabled

apertura automatica ATC "automatic open ATC window" and usa voce pilota "voice pilot active" and I loose active mostra testo ATC to prevent CTD, avoiding to disable all three options with problems that you explained....

Controllo traffico aereo

this is the exact name of ATC window in italian version

Ah, okaycan you please ZIP up and send me (petedowson@btconnect.com) the Language.DLL from your main FS folder. I should be able to fix it with that.

Seems like I'm getting the wrong "Air Traffic Control" string. There's one used in the FLT files too, for the Window settings, and I've a feeling that will be left in English so that FLT files are interchangeable.

Regards,

Pete

done!!!!

I hope I made all right

bye

Yes, thanks.

I have made a change to FSUIPC to get the string from the right place. I've tested it with the Italian language DLL and it works, but I also discovered an interesting thing which I cannot fully resolve ...

The FLT files from the English version, with [Air Traffic Control] as the window name still appear with that name. It looks like there are some small differences in the ATC.DLL after all, as it seems to cope with the language of the file changing tooI don't know what happens if you exchange FLTs with others. Hmmm.

Anyway, I'll make FSUIPC cope with English and the current FS language. I cannot add a complete list in and I have no foolproof way of otherwise identifying the windows to suppress.

Look out for interim version 3.602 maybe tomorrow, in the Interim Versions thread above.

Regards,

Pete