The simFlight Network Forums

MYTRAFFIC2006 load problems

Trickla

Greetings,

I had MT2004 loaded before doing the upgarde to MT2006. I completed all the initial installations, then downloaded service pack 1, completed all the items in there, then launched FS9 which started up ok, but then its only getting to the "adjusting scenery object " area or 70% loaded before it crashes. The error warning in the MS FS9 dialog box indicates the following error files;

fs9cfg.txt,

dxdiag.xml, and

scenery.cfg.

Any suggestions?

The error message does not point inbto anything that has to do with MyTraffic, but deep into the heart of FS9/DirectX.

MyTraffic installation creates a file newscenery.cfg. This got created? If yes, than FS9 should on startup use this file, and after successful startup create a new version of scenery.cfg, renaming the old one to oldscenery.cfg. That is the way FS9 works, and the only allowed one.

Unfortunately there are still addons that modify scenery.cfg directly, and still worse uninsatllers of scenery, both are frequent reasons for problems like yours.

But I apologize yesterday it was too late when I answered, I did not mean to delete scenery.cfg, but all appearences of scenery.dat. In your case you should have a look at scenery.cfg and newscenery.cfg first. Newscenery.cfg should have sections about MyWorldobjects and the carriers added compared to scenery.cfg. Please fell free to either zip these two files and mail them to support@fsrail.com, or post the last sections of them here so that we can analyse the problem.

Hi

Neither the scenery.cfg or the oldscenery.cfg have any items namely Myworldobjects. or Carrier 1-2- or 3 in them. It would seem that something went a miss from the orginal installation and Servive pack 1 installtion. I get my monthly broadband allocation on Thursday so what I'll do is download a new copy of Mytraffic 2006 in the first instant. Then reinstall the primary package and then the secondary package and see what happens from then. If this dosn't work what are your suggestions?

Cheers

Richard

When installing MyTraffic, there are a lot of stuff done after installation, seems that wasn't done on your site. Do not switch this off case the installer asks you.

You still should have the installer ( and saved a backup of it.) You better install MT2006, than start FS9, check it works, and apply the service pack later. While I cannot see a point why this should be in this case, it is good practise to start FS9 at least twice between two changes to it. So if you want to install two addons, in most cases it will fail if you install both of them and than start FS9 only.

Hi Burkhard

I found a possible fix on the net last night. It involved the FS9.cfg file which I ran, when started fs9. It gives you the default startup for fs9 with the cessena loaded. I loaded my B737 and B767 then did two Brisbane - Sydney flights, all went well. I'm doing Brisbane - Singapore tonight. Lets see how things pan out. I'll let you know. Thanks again for all your help.

Richard