The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs Timing Out using FS Flight Tracker

Hi,

I have recently been having problems using Widefs and FS Flight Tracker whereby Flight Tracker loses its connection to the Flight Sim PC periodically.

It takes a few attempts to resume Flight Tracker, but it does work after a while.

I have read the WIDEFS document and have seen a reference to a SEND TIMOUT addition. Would this help to resolve my problem or is there another option I could try.

Many thanks

Keith

Hi,

I have recently been having problems using Widefs and FS Flight Tracker whereby Flight Tracker loses its connection to the Flight Sim PC periodically.

It takes a few attempts to resume Flight Tracker, but it does work after a while.

Where are the wideServer and WideClient log files? That's where the answers are most likely to be found. Sounds like you have a Network problem.

I have read the WIDEFS document and have seen a reference to a SEND TIMOUT addition. Would this help to resolve my problem or is there another option I could try.

No, please don't play with any of those configuration parameters, unless we find out they are needed. The values have been optimised over many hard hours of testing over several years, and suit all systems I've yet come across. I don't think yours will be any different.

There's no way to know what is happening without looking at whatever the programs are telling us, and that is in the Log files.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

I have a sneaky feeling the laptop I have is just not man enough to run all the software, so the bottleneck could be the PC itself.

I think it may be time to upgrade the old girl...

thanks Pete

Keith

I have a sneaky feeling the laptop I have is just not man enough to run all the software, so the bottleneck could be the PC itself.

I think it may be time to upgrade the old girl...

Well, it's possible, but I wouldn't like to say that without looking at the logs first. It may be something easier.

Regards,

Pete