The simFlight Network Forums

FS Genisis Files

Hi Holger,

I have a question about FS Genisis files and your addons. I have FS Genisis West Coast 38.2m terrain Mesh, Alaska 38.3m mesh, Cordillera/Canada 38.2 m mesh, Aslska-Yukon 38.2m mesh, Northern canada 76.4m mesh, Plus I have UT Canada/Alaska & UT USA. I'm doing a clean install of FS9 and have the UT software already installed. I want to load the FS Genisis stuff next but while reading about your available software I noticed an absence of referance to All FS Genissi except Cordillera. If I reload all of my FS Gen. files do I not need any of yours? I also will be re-loading Misty Fjords package.

Hi Ted,

that's correct. UT and FSGenesis are complimentary products. UT provides the accurate shorelines, transportation network, night lights, etc. whereas FSGenesis provides elevation data (the terrain mesh) only.

Because my landscape packages use the same source data for the terrain mesh as FSGenesis there's no need for patches. On the other hand, most of my shorelines etc. are more detailed than the UT version (or, at least, better in sync with the other content of my packages), which is why I provide patches (i.e., local excludes) for the overlapping UT files.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for that explanation it should help me keep my thinking in line. As with many others, I sure want to thank you for all the great add on sceneries. You are and have been my only individual scenery creator. The quality is supurb and your support with patches and details is beyond equal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.