The simFlight Network Forums

Double shorelines in Skagway with UT and Glacier Bay

Hi Holger,

Well, thought I was installing correctly your Glacier Bay but I guess not. When I run UT Canada-Alaska it looks fine. If I run your Glacier Bay it looks fine. When I run both together... well you know. This is up at Skagway.

So further looking at these forums I see lots of patches. I installed the ut_bc_hs patch V3 but no luck. I guess it must be some default or UT HP-HL files. But which ones? Maybe I can just .bak them up manually? At a loss what to try next.

post-13232-128689395567_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

you don't mention specifically which package you installed but you can't use gl_bay_1.zip together with UT Canada/Alaska. Instead you need to use ut_bc_hs.zip. See http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=50007 , sections C or E.

ut_bc_hs.zip doesn't include the shoreline corrections I made for gl_bay_1.zip but everything else: land class, glaciers, roads, cutblocks, etc. All that fits well with UT and enhances it quite a bit.

In the upcoming version 2 of Glacier Bay we will include much more detailed shorelines, rivers, and lakes, way better than UT. For those I will make patches to exclude the UT water files in the Glacier Bay coverage area.

Cheers, Holger

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.