The simFlight Network Forums

Axis Assignment Problem 3.60

Using FSUIPC 3.60. I have an axis (V) assigned to axis elev trim set. My main problem is that the iFly B747-400 panel does not like having an axis assigned to elev trim, either using FS9 joystick assignment, or via FSUIPC axis assignment. What I would like to do, is find a way to delete this axis assignment, just for this aircraft. In trying to do this, I tried checking the "this aircraft ony" box, then removing the check for axis elev trim set. This appeared to work (the box was cleared) but it didn't seem to take. So then I tried to delete the assignment for all aircraft, both by unchecking the axis setting box and clicking the "clear" box. either way it seems to take according to the UI, but when I restart FS9 it is back. I also tried reseting the axis in the axis calibration dialog, thinking that might have an effect (it didn't). Viewing the ini I see the line is still in there:

[Axes]

1=0V,256,F,65766,0,0,0

0=0U,256,F,66382,0,0,0

It appears that the GUI isn't working to remove an axis assignment, or am I doing something wrong? Obviously I can edit the ini.

Is there a way to remove the axis assignment, just for one aircraft while having it available for all others? Or maybe there is a better way to try to have an axis controlling elev trim that perhaps would not cause problems with the iFly panel?

scott s.

What I would like to do, is find a way to delete this axis assignment, just for this aircraft. In trying to do this, I tried checking the "this aircraft ony" box, then removing the check for axis elev trim set. This appeared to work (the box was cleared) but it didn't seem to take. So then I tried

Yes, sorry. The whole of this area of FSUIPC has been revised and works correctly now -- please check the Interim Versions announcement near the top of the Forum.

... maybe there is a better way to try to have an axis controlling elev trim that perhaps would not cause problems with the iFly panel?

That's a question for the iFly folks. I'm afraid I don't know what they are doing which makes the axis use unacceptable. It would certainly render their aircraft unusable on my cockpit.

Regards,

Pete