The simFlight Network Forums

Just a question for someone.

I have purchased UT Canada/Alaska. I find a lot of the highways

go through lakes etc.

when you leave from Castlegar the river runs on the side of the '

mountain.

When you fly out of Calgary a big portion of the downtown sits in the

lake.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

CommanderTC15

Hello Commander,

that doesn't sound right. One of the big advantages of Ultimate Terrain is that it provides both water bodies and road system from highly accurate data, for both Canada and the Lower 48. Thus, I wonder whether you may have problems with the default water files still being active.

Before installing UT did you have any of my freeware add-ons for southern B.C. installed? If so you'd have to switch to the UT-compatible versions; see this thread: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=50007

A proper "diagnosis" of you particular issues would be easiest for me if you could post a few screenshots here.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

I downloaded the above file. I am not to great at it yet to install these

properly, May I ask your assistance please.

I went into scenery in my FS2004 and deleted the old bc mesh files.

I also looked at UT Canada/Alaska and I noticed underneath UT USA.

That came as part of the UT Canada/Alaska package..I did not purchase

that outright...Is that part of the package?

Do I need to read all the readme files and install everything one by one?

Thank you so much...

Andrew...

Penticton

Hi Andrew,

it seems more complicated than it actually is (though I readily admit that I have a reputation for verbose documentation ;-) Comes with the territory because installation of landscape files is generally more complex than of aircraft).

Once you have UT Canada installed and active then you can go ahead and add ut_bc_hs.zip. (Yes, the UTUSA folder comes with UT Canada; it contains landscape sections that straddle the international boundary).

First, make sure that none of my original files remain active in the scenery library (as listed in "Pre-Installation Checks"). No need to read their docs, just make sure they are all unchecked.

Install the ut_bc_hs.zip files as described and activate them in the scenery library.

Download the current version of the batch files here - http://holger.fs-shipyards.net/files/paold_v3.zip - and use those instead of the ones in the ut_bc_hs.zip "SEBChold" folder.

Start FS9 and you should be good to go. Check Castlegar, Revelstoke, Banff, etc. for any duplicate shorelines or other oddities. If you find any let me know here, preferably with a screenshot or two.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I installed the items as per your instructions.

All went in..When I try to load in castlegar or nelson it kicks me out.

I found on thing a little strange, when I loaded in the SEBChold file and

double clicked on it, it was just a blib on the screen as it installed.

and I can't find the Hp9*.* files either.

No problem loading in Penticton, Cranbrook, but anything around castlegar,trail etc it kicks out of fs9.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks again.

Andrew...

Hi Andrew,

did you use the updated version of the batch files in the SEBChold folder, the ones I provided the link for above? Running "Southeast BC install - backup of UT files - v3.bat" didn't result in any of the HP916 and 917 files to show up?

However, the crash is probably unrelated to those files. More likely, it's a texture issue so you need to check a few things:

* is your FS9 updated to 9.1?

* does the crash occur at specific times-of-day and/or seasons?

* does the crash go away when you uncheck "\BC enhancements for UT - scenery" in your scenery library and re-start the sim?

Cheers, Holger

Hi again Holger,

Yes I used the batch file sebchold v3.bat.

Yes I have fs2004 9.1.

I moved your downloaded bc files right above UT canada,I had them

higher up but as I said they kicked me out.

Now they work at the right time of the day, like now.but if I change the

time to daylight time it still kicks me out.

This is in castlegar.

I flew from trail to castlegar and notice that a lot of the bridges stop in

the middle of the river and a lot of lights run through the river as well.

As you take off from castlegar north, the river looks like a large waterfall and the scenery dips down a lot too.

Revelstoke is the same, it only works now at night, but if I change to

daytime it kicks me out as well.

The scenery at Revelstoke is weird, as you sit at the bottom of a canyon

with bare walls going straight up...?

I have noticed since I installed UT that even in Penticton the lights run

thru part of the lake and just off the shoreline. Is there something wrong with UT?

I hope we can fix this holger as I love flying thru BC and the more real

it looks the nicer it is...You guys have done a wonderfull job..

I got Vancouver + installed as well and it sure makes it nice.

I took a real plane too Kelowna today for some touch and go's and when

you look at the scenery below you and than go back to the Simulator

is sure looks awesome.

Hope you can help me straighten this out..

Thanks for all your time.

Andrew....

Hi Andrew,

from your description it sounds as if you still have the default water files active. Could you post a couple of top-down screenshots please?

Also, did you try deactivating "BC enhancements for UT - scenery" in your scenery library to check whether that gets rid of the crashes? I'm trying to determine whether installation issues with my add-ons are the cause for the crash or something else.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Andrew,

the Screenshot forum has a couple of sticky threads that provide links to screenshot utilities and how to process the raw images. Or see http://www.simviation.com/fsdtutscreensh.htm . The important thing to keep in mind is that any screenshot you want to attach to a post needs to be a maximum of 800px wide and no more than 125kB in size.

If the crashes in Castlegar occur during day only this indicates a missing or faulty landscape texture. Unfortunately, there are plenty of textures so you need to be systematic in narrowing down the cause.

My suggestion is this: In the Ultimate Terrain configurator menu use the button to restore all FS2004 defaults. Also, in your scenery library, deactivate all add-ons you may have that are anywhere near southern B.C. You also want to deactivate the "Addon Scenery" entry as it may contain files from add-ons you installed.

This should give you the default landscape and you can test whether the crashes occur with this configuration. If they do then you'll probably have to restore the original landscape textures from the FS disks. If the crashes are gone then you could re-load the UT feautures you'd like to have and test again. Once you've tested this for crashes you can re-activate your add-ons one by one to determine which one gives you problems.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

I got everything working just perfect. I tried the things you suggested

but could not get it right.

So, I figured I am going to reinstall UT and by goss it cleared up

everything..I see the dams in the columbia river.

Revelstoke and Castlegar are now as they should be.

Thank you so much for all your patients and help.

Do you have anymore BC scenery I could make it more realistic?

Cheers,

Andrew....

June 28/2006

Hi again, just wonder where I could find the latest Columbia Gorge file,

and how to install it.

Thanks Holger.

Andrew...

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Holger,

June 28/2006

Hi again, just wonder where I could find the latest Columbia Gorge file,

and how to install it.

Thanks Holger.

Andrew...

Andrew ,

Have you see this ...... Complete list of my North America files .... on the same forum here from Holger?

Succes

Bests

Heli

• 3 months later...

Sorry mate - I dont wish to sound a bit blunt - but I suggest that perhaps Holger may be a bit busy just now - what with all the "new stuff" and all

I suggest that you re-read the entire thread and perhaps have a look at the suggestion that points to "Complete list of my North America files" at the top of this forum

With a bit of careful reading - you should be able to work it out for yourself - that should then give you a sense of achievement

No disrespect intended

Have a great day

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.