The simFlight Network Forums

widefs + mac

I have purchased widefs, I am trying to connect a third computer to my pc network.. ie a MAC! can I use a mac with the pc network via widefs . I want to install a couple of fs app's on it . is this possible.

Even if WideFS ran on a mac, why would your FS applications?

Cheers!

Luke

I think he means that he has a new Intel Core Duo Mac, and is running Boot Camp. With Boot Camp you can install the full version of XP Home, Professional or Media Center onto your partitioned hard drive. Is this correct Peter? If so than Yes, WideFS should work with an installed version of MSFS.

By the way, isn't this one of the signs that the end is near? You can use PC software on a Mac, and it actually runs as fast if not faster than a PC??!!! :wink:

well i was not using a mac that runs as a pc. I was trying to determine if it was possible to add it in using a mac version of widefs and then go looking for a mac app that would allow me to add another view to fs. The idea was to keep this very very simple.

But if its is not possible .... no big deal.. P