The simFlight Network Forums

I need a bit of help ...

RDG41

Ok...I've tried to follow the instructions and have run "create all trafic files ", and "schedule global random trafic" and I'm still not seeing any heavy traffic at the airports or in the air. Obviously I'm missing something but I'm not sure what. I've included a screen shot of my traffic data base file. I'm new at this so I appreciate all the help. Thanks.

post-14782-128689403166_thumb.jpg

I've found a few simalar posts and have applied, running the traffic database editor in the MSFS9 directory, checking my traffic settings in the simulator and still the same. I've included another screen shot of the files present and there size.

post-14782-128689403316_thumb.jpg

Hi,

The best option is to run Create > Schedules, all files and traffic. From the screenshots of your Scenery\World\Scenery folder though, it looks like you still have traffic bgls with a healthy amount of traffic so you shouldn't see empty skies.

If you've already checked the AI traffic density slider in FS then its difficult to explain whats happening. Try compiling traffic using the Select AI Traffic Year Utility (select a year and click ok).

Also, in case you have multiple copies of FS on your computer (people sometimes do this for backup purposes), make sure you are launching the right version.

Thanks Husain ,

This seemed to work :) . I see more planes on the ground now. One more question, I read a post from a person who requested a file for ver 2004 to automatically increase traffic. Is there such a file available for ver 2006?

Thanks again, Ron

The traffic density in MT2006, with AI density set to 100%, is definitively scratching the limits of what FS9 is able to handle, even on the cross-runway enabled airports like KDEN or KSFO.

If you do not feel overrun by traffic, please check in the scenery library if "MyWorldAirports" is there and active. It may be you disallowed the post-installation tasks of the installer, in this case this could appear.