The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET - Version 2.0

Hi Paul,

I'd just like to say a big "thank you"..... I decided to have a go at writing a simple application, and using your module, and docs, with Visual Studio 2010 Express (vb.net) it was soooo easy!

I have no programming experience, unless you count learning BASIC at high school in the early 80's, but found your DLL easy to use.. and to learn!

So a big, BIG thank you..

SeanG

Oh, and instead of writing a "simple little app" I have now written my own instructor station for my A-4 Skyhawk simpit :)

Hello to all you DLL users.

I've finally managed to officially release the next version of the DLL. :smile:

See the first page of this thread for the details and to download.

This is Version 2.0. It incorporates all the updates that have been part of the unreleased 1.4 Beta versions that a few people have. If you are using one of the 1.4 versions I recommend you upgrade to 2.0.

I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2011.

Paul

Thank you for the Christmas present!

Your timing sir, is astounding.. I had just started delving into the AI Traffic tables, and since the new version streamlines that...well.. I am set!

Thank you again for a fantastic set of tools :)

Hope you have a good Christmas!

SeanG

<Who is sweltering in the New Zealand sun>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul:

You seem to know a grate deal about vb and FSUIPC, I am tiring to write a interface that will do what PM Systems does. I got the FSUIPC working to and from FS2004 ok but looking at the PM Systems sysvars.txt and the logics, I don't seem to be coding the logic correct for VB6. Question in case is starting the APU in FS. Will the PM offsets work thru a VB project or are they only good for PM. like I said I can do simple things like main buss power and such but not getting the logic down. to start the APU.Any ideas? Ron.

I am tiring to write a interface that will do what PM Systems does. I got the FSUIPC working to and from FS2004 ok but looking at the PM Systems sysvars.txt and the logics, I don't seem to be coding the logic correct for VB6. Question in case is starting the APU in FS. Will the PM offsets work thru a VB project or are they only good for PM. like I said I can do simple things like main buss power and such but not getting the logic down. to start the APU.Any ideas?

I'm sure Paul will be able to help you with VB, but for Project Magenta I'm afraid ALL of the PM offsets are only used by PM. None of them are noticed by Flight Sim itself, and therefore do nothing without the relevant PM parts present. The "sysvar.txt" file does list some FS offsets which are used in the pmSystems logic of course.

If you are using PM with the exception of PMsystems, then you would have to supply the simulation of the subsystems you want which PMsystems implements. And that includes the APU. PMsystems does not use the FSX APU (there was no FS9 simulation of an APU in any case).

Regards

Pete

Hi Mister dowson:

Long time no see. Yes of course are correct. That is what I am tring to do, tell fsuipc or fs, I am not sure which, that offset &Hxxx is APUSTARTON, then if I write to or read from that offset I can code logic to say if simm on ground AND parking break set THEN APUSTARTON =1. Right? Thus I have implemented the var(APUSTARTON) to(&Hxxx) in fsuipc or fs. Ron.

That is what I am tring to do, tell fsuipc or fs, I am not sure which, that offset &Hxxx is APUSTARTON, then if I write to or read from that offset I can code logic to say if simm on ground AND parking break set THEN APUSTARTON =1. Right? Thus I have implemented the var(APUSTARTON) to(&Hxxx) in fsuipc or fs. Ron.

But if only your code is using offset &Hxxx why tell FS or FSUIPC? What use is this knowledge to them? They can't do anything with it. And how would you propose trying to tell them anyway?

If you want to experiment with writing to offsets for your own software, first use the free user area 66C0 - 66FF. if you eventually want to supply your software to others you'd need to apply for an assignment to avoid clashes with other programs.

Regards

Pete

OK I am begining to see the light, If I assign an offset var. in the free area then Is it stored in fsuipc so when i change it , it reports back the value i set? if so then I can do the logic for things not in FS.? like apustart then couild i port that data so PM PFD lower page will sees it?. Pete I am doing this because my over head panel is finished, years of work. it is hardware interfaced with FDS interfaceit hardware, but PM System,s does not show anything for a twin eng jet orther than the elect page...IE fuel, hyd, duct air show no responce, however if I load up as a 747, 4 eng jet all will display the functions. I am at a lose. I have begged Enrico for an answer but get nothing usefull from him and I am getting old waiting, 3+years now. Am I just doing something wrong?. Do I need to edit the sys. logic for the twin eng jets or what. Again thanks for All your work in makeing all this,"FSUIPC" I mean. Ron.

OK I am begining to see the light, If I assign an offset var. in the free area then Is it stored in fsuipc so when i change it , it reports back the value i set? if so then I can do the logic for things not in FS.?

Yes, exactly. Like a postbox. In fact this is how most of PM works -- it uses offsets as postboxes between its components. the published ones are so that others can join in, which of ocurse they do (viz: FSUIPC's own PM controls, which merely manipulate PM's offsets).

like apustart then couild i port that data so PM PFD lower page will sees it?.

Ah, possibly. But I'm afraid i don't know enough about intra-PM component operation to be able to advise on any of that.

What is it you see on your PM PFD for APU? I see nothing related to APU anywhere outside of pmSystems, excepting of ocuirse that I can stop the battery drain -- but that's just a matter of some software someplace in PM re-writing the battery voltage in the normal FS offset for it.

Pete I am doing this because my over head panel is finished, years of work. it is hardware interfaced with FDS interfaceit hardware, but PM System,s does not show anything for a twin eng jet orther than the elect page...IE fuel, hyd, duct air show no responce

You certainly have something wrong then. I use PMsystems for my 737NG as do many others and it works fine, with virtually all the overhead systems operating well. It sounds like you aren't selecting the correct logics from those currently available.

however if I load up as a 747, 4 eng jet all will display the functions. I am at a lose. I have begged Enrico for an answer but get nothing usefull from him and I am getting old waiting, 3+years now. Am I just doing something wrong?. Do I need to edit the sys. logic for the twin eng jets or what.

The 737 logics work superbly. I can't comment on the Airbus ones as I've never tried them.

Maybe your overhead switches aren't programmed to operate with pmSystems? Don't FDS provide a proper driver?

Regards

Pete

You certainly have something wrong then. I use PMsystems for my 737NG as do many others and it works fine, with virtually all the overhead systems operating well. It sounds like you aren't selecting the correct logics from those currently available.

sorry Pete I don't how to use quotes,

Yes that is the problem, as stated, The B747 works ok, all function look good,,,But if I load a stock FS B777 then in CDU I load a B777 I get nothing on the lower PFD page but the graphic with no action, such as fuel valves closing..ect... Question is What version of PM System B777, or B737 file do I need to get. I have the last ver. of PM Systems, do I need to find a later ver. of the B737 or B777 logics to load and run?????further note all PM files are latest build so ??? can you point me to a download of latest builds for a twin jet logics as the one I have MUST NOT be correct. I thought as you up-grade to latest build that those files follow,, but perhaps not, this may be my problem. I have looked but find no PM systems logic files on the net "I know my fault but...." Thanks for all the info thus far, Ron.

sorry Pete I don't how to use quotes,

Select the text with the mouse, so it is highlit, then click the button above, 3rd from right, which looks like the bubble you get fro comic character speech. The pop-up hints when you hover the mouse over it says "insert quotation".

Yes that is the problem, as stated, The B747 works ok, all function look good,,,But if I load a stock FS B777 then in CDU I load a B777 I get nothing on the lower PFD page but the graphic with no action, such as fuel valves closing..ect.

I don't know anything about PM and the B777. I've only ever used the 737NG stuff. By "lower PFD" do you mean "lower EICAS"? Because I haven't got one of those, only the upper EICAS.

Question is What version of PM System B777, or B737 file do I need to get. I have the last ver. of PM Systems, do I need to find a later ver. of the B737 or B777 logics to load and run?

No. The 737 stuff in the pmSystems ZIP file works fine. I've modified mine in places for extra things in my PFC driver, and to work correctly with the 6-pack system provided by Thomas Richter's B373NG systems program (the one with the braking system in it as well). But apart from that it's all standard issue. Same as the one used on PM's commercial 737 simulator cockpits.

Are you sure the problem isn't all to do with your overhead's interface to PM. Who wrote it?

I think,now, you would be far better off posting in the appropriate Forum over in MyCockpits. This thread is supposed to be about FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET. Go to http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/forum.php . As well as the PM forum there, which would be a good place, there are probably places dealing with FDS and its interfacing.

Regards

Pete

I don't know anything about PM and the B777. I've only ever used the 737NG stuff. By "lower PFD" do you mean "lower EICAS"? Because I haven't got one of those, only the upper EICAS.

Hi Pete,

I think I got us off track last night when I mentioned the FDS hardware. This has nothing to do with the hardware at all It is ALL software realeted.

you ask what do I see in the Lower EICAS. if you have time,"please" try this on your simm. On your PFD goto F3 or F7 to display The EICAS page. now hit shift tab, then ctl tab you should see the lower EICAS page then you change pages by ctl tab, OK? If you laod FS as a 4 eng jet, IE a stock B747 and if you are running the CDU you may need to change that to a B747 else this if only running FS and A instance of the PFD it should show the EICAS pages. if you fire up PM SYSTEMS, demo will work, and select the fuel page , turn on and Off the fuel pumps, xfer and such and you see they

are GRAPHICALY SHOWN. now if load up as a twin jet IE stock B777 your display should reflect a 2 eng jet. try the fuel again. I bet nothing happens, If You Do Get a Graphical responce then I have something very wrong on system. Please give it a try and let me know. Ron.

I think I got us off track last night when I mentioned the FDS hardware. This has nothing to do with the hardware at all It is ALL software realeted.

So nothing to do with pmSystems interface ot switches etc?

if you have time,"please" try this on your simm. ... Please give it a try and let me know.

Sorry, I'm not going to mess with any of that. My cockpit is beautifully set up as a 737NG and everything is sized and position very carefully on their assorted screens. I can scroll through different EICAS display modes on my one EICAS display by pressing selector buttons on the MIP. This includes the engine values, the control surfaces display, and two difference gauge type displays. I also have the standby instruments, the trim gauge and the flaps gauge on the EICAS screen.

None of the PCs in the cockpit have keyboards or mice. I've had problems before with changing things and not being able to get them back as I wanted for ages. you couldn't believe how hard it is with trying to plug keyboards and mice into a Pc behind the firewall and trying to use it through the window whilst observing the MIP displays!

Please ask over in the MyCockpit forums. There's a wealth of PM experience over there. my view is quite narrow and specific. All I can testify to is that the pmSystems logics for the 737NG work well, and in conjunction with the other components of PM. It sounds like you have many problems with PM which I couldn't possibly help with, hence my recommendation to head to a better place.

Pete

I'm not going to mess with any of that. My cockpit is beautifully set up

Got you. I truely under stand. I will try the forums as you suggest. However without a Lower EICAS page you are missing half the fun. :smile: I know that I can do this as I don't give up. I'll let you know when I get it down. Thank you for your time Pete and thank you for FSUIPC. Happy Days. Ron.

"For a B737NG? No, there's nothing shown there that I cannot select on the upper EICAS."

I understand Pete, that's what I mean. your missing half the fun. I find it hard to believe that with ALL your talent, knowledge, and expertise in this field, that you are satisfied with a B737. I hope you are happy with it. Pete I am in no means dogging you or mean to DE-meaner you. No sir, I HAVE THE UP MOST RESPECT FOR YOU. I just don't understand that you don't want to expand your knowledge on the rest of the many aspects of your work. Without FSUIPC, well non OF us, ENRICO, Peter Cos, A Sims, well we would all be nowhere. Please for your own sake, look into it, I know you'll be surprised. I know, now your mad at me but I needed to tell you how saddened :-( this makes me feel. I hope you will forgive me. ;) I'll let you go now, you need not respond. I know you are very busy. After all day playing with VB.net 2010, I think I'll just byte the bullet and buy the A Simm package,$1300.00 usd. but Ned of FDS said it works, so we will see. Enrico and PM can go to hell. Thank you. Again, if I have offended you, I am sorry. Ron. :rolleyes:

I find it hard to believe that with ALL your talent, knowledge, and expertise in this field, that you are satisfied with a B737. I hope you are happy with it. Pete

Of course I am happy with it. Who wouldn't be. It is a full cockpit with dual-linked yokes and pedals, full instrumentation, full forward and aft overheads, with the external scenery on a 10 foot wide screen seen through the windows. Everyone who visits likes it too.It is equipped with dual headsets for intercom and ATC. My flights are always fully occupied, especially flying without a copilot most of the time.

I just don't understand that you don't want to expand your knowledge on the rest of the many aspects of your work.

My "work" is programming. My hobby would have been flying for real if it hadn't been for my Retinitis Pigmentosa (severe tunnel vision), which stopped me going solo. So now my hobby is flight simming and model railways. I have 2 simulators in my cockpit room -- a dedicated 737NG (actually an -800) and a Piper Arrow III (analogue gauges etc). I fly IFR in the 737 and VFR in the Arrow. They are in the same room but entirely separate, but both are modelled very specifically on particular aircraft. I would not have it any other way -- there's no way to have good realism in a generic setup designed for simple messing about in a multitude of different aircraft!

I'm evidently the opposite of yourself. Instead of being a "jack of all trades" I prefer to have the most intimate in-depth knowledge of a few. Why is that sad? Perhaps I should feel the same about you?

Regards

Pete

Hi programmers, i find this code on this forums but i don't know how to transalete for C# code. The code is it:

MyWord := NW_CLEAR;
FSUIPC_Write($0800, 2, @MyWord, your_dw_result);
FSUIPC_Process(your_dw_result);

To a C# application. I try it, but c# not recognice the write function into FSUIPCConnection, it only has Process.

In other hand, anyone has any example to use the NWI, for C#

Thank for your replies!!!

Edited by guitar_hero

Hi programmers, i find this code on this forums but i don't know how to transalete for C# code. The code is it:

MyWord := NW_CLEAR;
FSUIPC_Write($0800, 2, @MyWord, your_dw_result);
FSUIPC_Process(your_dw_result);

To a C# application. I try it, but c# not recognice the write function into FSUIPCConnection, it only has Process.

Hi,

Writing to offsets using my DLL is very clearly explained in the User Guide supplied with the DLL. It is also demonstrated in the example application. Please take some time to go through the materials supplied and learn how the DLL works.

Briefly, you need to declare the offset (usually at the form or class level):

private Offset&lt;short&gt; NWICommand = new Offset&lt;short&gt;(0xC800, true);

(Note that the type is 'short' because the offset is a two-byte integer (see the NewWeather.h file in the FSUIPC SDK). Also the offset should be 0xC800, not 0x0800 (Autopilot Approach Hold) as shown in your sample code.)

NW_CLEAR represents the value 3 (see the NewWeather.h file in the FSUIPC SDK) so we'll declare that as well at the form (or class) level:

private readonly short NW_CLEAR = 3;

Then in your program you just assign the value to the offset and call Process().

private void ClearWeather()
        {
            NWICommand.Value = NW_CLEAR;
            FSUIPCConnection.Process();
        }

In a real application you would probably want to keep the weather offsets in their own groups. Grouping is also explained in the User Guide.

Paul

Hi,

Writing to offsets using my DLL is very clearly explained in the User Guide supplied with the DLL. It is also demonstrated in the example application. Please take some time to go through the materials supplied and learn how the DLL works.

Briefly, you need to declare the offset (usually at the form or class level):

private Offset&lt;short&gt; NWICommand = new Offset&lt;short&gt;(0xC800, true);

(Note that the type is 'short' because the offset is a two-byte integer (see the NewWeather.h file in the FSUIPC SDK). Also the offset should be 0xC800, not 0x0800 (Autopilot Approach Hold) as shown in your sample code.)

NW_CLEAR represents the value 3 (see the NewWeather.h file in the FSUIPC SDK) so we'll declare that as well at the form (or class) level:

private readonly short NW_CLEAR = 3;

Then in your program you just assign the value to the offset and call Process().

private void ClearWeather()
        {
            NWICommand.Value = NW_CLEAR;
            FSUIPCConnection.Process();
        }

In a real application you would probably want to keep the weather offsets in their own groups. Grouping is also explained in the User Guide.

Paul

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin: