The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET - Version 2.0

Slightly OT but are you the same Paul that composes/records music as I have seen a few posts/vids elsewhere and he certainly looks like you :razz:

Yes, it's probably me.  There is another Paul Henty who does music under the name Lynskey which is not me, but he doesn't tend to use his real name.

Paul

Hey guys, would it be possible in getting some help on terms of reading the Metar weather in VB, I've tried a few various ways but I cant seem to get it to work at all

Also - Is there a way through FSUIPC to tell what version of flight sim is running? I didn't know if it might be able to differentiate between FS2004 and FSX

Cheers

Dan 

Hey guys, would it be possible in getting some help on terms of reading the Metar weather in VB, I've tried a few various ways but I cant seem to get it to work at all

Also - Is there a way through FSUIPC to tell what version of flight sim is running? I didn't know if it might be able to differentiate between FS2004 and FSX

Cheers

Dan 

Using the New Weather Interface or the Metar read/write is not simple, especially since at the moment the DLL doesn't allow you to read/write structures (You'd need to pack/unpack the structures to/from byte arrays which isn't pretty) .  It would take me hours to work this out and I'd rather spend the time adding easy weather handling into the version 3.0 of the DLL.  It's been a while since the last official 2.0 release so I'm going to get 3.0 done by the end of August.  It's mainly going to be a weather update.

If you're interested in being a beta tester for this let me know on a private message.  (Also anyone else reading this).

To tell what version of the flight sim you are connected to, just check the property on FSUIPCConnection called FlightSimVersionConnected.  It returns an enum which you can convert to a string using ToString() if you want to print it directly.  E.g.

MessageBox.Show(FSUIPCConnection.FlightSimVersionConnected.ToString())

Paul

This thread will soon be locked. 

All support questions from now on should be new threads in the "FSUIPC Client DLL for .NET" subforum of Pete's FSUIPC forum.

Thanks to Pete for kindly giving us our own sub forum.  This should make things more manageable than this very long thread.