The simFlight Network Forums

airport tutorial.htm

moonrunner

Hi,

I just purchased MYTraffic Military 2004 and installed it. I have a few airports that have AFCADS for the ANG flights and have traffic.bgls for them. I wanted to keep the AFCADS for these fields overriding the MYTraffic Military AFCADS. I placed the MYAFCADS folder so that it is the loaded over the MYTRaffic MYAirports folder. I know how to add airports etc. and activate them but the MYTRaffic Airports still picks up the AFCADS in there no matter where I put it in the scenery.cfg list. Its AFCADS override other AFCADS. My question is where can I fing the airports tutorial.htm. It did not download with the MYTraffic Military 2004 package and it seems that I will need to read it to get My own AFCADS activated over the selected My Traffic Military AFCADS.

Any references or help would be appreciated.

Gary

No, this manual describes how to lay out radii and taxi ways, not the scenery order. I will upload it anyways.

Normally, the order of the AFCADs in scenery library works well, the uppermost is used. I know of two scenarios where this does not work:

a) The header of the new airport is not recognized to be the same airport. It has not been published by MS what is used to identify two airports as the same, it seems at least that ICAO-ID and position must be the same. If not, both airports are used simultanously, with aircrafts parking over each other etc. This may be the case, because all MyTraffic airports use the location they have in FS9, and this looks like likely shifted to the true Google Earth position wherever I checked.

b) The synchronization between scenery.cfg and scenery.dat is broken. This happens oftenly if you uninstall any addon scenery before removing it from scenery library and starting FS9 twice after that.

In your case the solution is simple though. Since you refer to a well defined number of airports, I recommend that you go to the folder addon scenery\MyWorldAirports\scenery, locate the files for these airports, as example AF2_KDOV.bgl , and rename it to AF2_KDOV.bgl.passive - that should securely make the MyTraffic airport passive and solve your problem in a way you can revert by just removing the .passive extension.

Thanks for your reply. Since I have added scenery as well as AFCADS for the ANG airports the identifiers for the airports very well might have been changed by the designers. That would explain the problem. You final solution is the simplest and best. I will basically back up the

MyTraffic Military AFCADS and place the ANG AFCADS in the MyWorldAirports folder. Good solution.

By the way I am very happy with the MyTraffic Military product. It works like a charm. I expecially like the carrier routines. I am finding the goodes you programed into the product and you did a fantastic job covering so many airports with the various military aircraft. I have been looking for a good military AI combination of Airports, Aircraft, and Flight Plans for a long time. Having one complete package is well worth the price I paid for the product. In fact when you think of all the work involved it is a bargain. I know it has already save me a lot of hours work on military packages.

Thanks for a very useful product. :)

Gary

Not so quick. The exchange of the C5 will be made with Service Pack 2 to MT2006, which I made a very first compilation of today and will go and test. If all goes well, and no new problem shows up, I can supply this to beta testers in a week or so. Since beta testers need their time, this allows in an optimistic scenario publication in about 4 weeks.

I could make a special download of the C5 for you to test.

About aircrafts for the MIL Ai I have to think. The CH53 got reworked for SP1, now the Galaxy, and many were transferred from FS8 SDK to FS9 SDK, I have to sort out if a special update makes sense for the Military AI package, and what has to be included there - why the heck is whatever you finish the amount of work ahead of you bigger than it was before :cry:

for thoose Problems:

I made an XLS File with an Script who move the MYT06 .bgl files to a subfolder named Exlude.

Example:

I have installed several Addons like GA1 from Aerosoft. Alle the included Airports (e.G. EDDM) are listed in this file.

By click on a Button "start script" the script move af2_eddm.bgl from MYT06 standard folder to the exclude folder. And another files from GA1 too.

You can add so much lines as you want, e.G.:

Add the following line:

KSFO Sanfran Simflyers

... will look @ \Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\MyWorldAirports

... for af2_ksfo.bgl and move the file to a subdir \exclude

Note: The 1. field, 1234, will search af2_1234.bgl, the another fields are not req. and behind you can write what you want, or just nothing.

So you avoid double afcads.

You need to set the security settings for macros to "low" to run the script.

exclude_Airports.zip

• 5 months later...

I purchased the My Traffic X bundle a few days ago and was reading the manuals, it refers you to the "airports tutorial.htm" file for using AFCAD's but their is no such file anywhere, was it missed when compiling the program?

I'm some what pleased with the program except for the aircraft lights, what bug's me is the beacon on top of the Vertical stab on the Southwest 737-700's, also the beacons have an orange glow to them instead of red.

I see more airlines with My Traffic than Ultimate Traffic and having Military Aircraft is a plus.

Thanks,

Dale

The airport tutorial is valid for FS2004 only, and would be more than misleading for FSX.

On the lights, hopefully this can be cured without too much performance loss, but I cannot promise - and they are orange, not read. The only red is at the wing tips - at least it was on the Ryanair 738 I saw as last aircraft in the dark a few days ago.

The airport tutorial is valid for FS2004 only, and would be more than misleading for FSX.

On the lights, hopefully this can be cured without too much performance loss, but I cannot promise - and they are orange, not read. The only red is at the wing tips - at least it was on the Ryanair 738 I saw as last aircraft in the dark a few days ago.

I should have stated that I was using My Traffic 2006, I have not installed the FSX version yet, I'm sticking with FS2004 until all the bugs in FSX are fixed and the add-on's are upgraded.

Thanks again.

Dale Reitz