The simFlight Network Forums

New Database Created!

I have MyTraffic 2006 for Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 and created a database called 1998 through the traffic editor with this program and would like to know how do use this database in the game to simulate the traffic for this year so I can fly from JFK to Hong Kong International for the first flight that landed there during this particular year. Please reply back to me and let me know how to do this. Thank You and I look forward to hearing from you on this subject.

To be a bit more specific, I recommend that you load the database Husain mentioned, and save it under another name to not overwrite anything. Than set the year to 1998 in the ini settings.

Now you can add all your special airlines, aircrafts, schedules etc that you want to have, and create traffic files through the Create menu items.

Making a new database with all the konowledge that is in the MT database would require 1 year of full time work and large investments into literature, this has got a secret bible of aviation history and is growing almost daily.

I understand what you're saying to do and I have already done that through the editor for this program because I set it to do all that when I created the database. How do I use this database in MSFS 9 so that I can run that year once it is created. Please reply back to me and let me know about this. Thank You and I look forward to hearing from you.

Just execute the "Create all files and traffic". You should have the 1998 in the dialog window already if you set the year in the ini settings.

This will replace the file that you installed from the select AI year dialog by one valid for 98.

A good way to check if you really are no longer in 2006 should be to check if there is a Concorde at Heathrow or Charles de Gaulle, and no A380 at Toulouse.