The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 747 & FSUIPC 3.6.5 Problem

Hi all!

I've recently "upgraded" my FS9.1 Modules folder with version 3.6.5. Now, when I register the module and try to load any of the PMDG QoS (pax or cargo model) I get an error message saying: "You need FSUIPC version 3.4.8 or later. FS will now close" and FS closes, although the unregistered version suits quite well and doesn't cause any problem when the PMDG aircraft is loaded. It's strange, as having a "good/bad habit" of upgrading to the newest versions of FSUIPC and other FS add-ons, I have never come accross such a problem with previous versions of the module. Furthermore, while observing this message on my screen, I've noticed (in WinXP: Task Manager -> Processes) that the memory usage by FS9.exe was rapidly increasing to unbelievable numbers of 450, 500 and more megabytes starting from some 220MB. I was even more excited to see PMDGOptions.dll a culprit of all this mess after looking into the FSUIPC log file (.txt). Here is an excerpt from the log just a few seconds after the registration:

======================================================================

FSUIPC Key is provided

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=40003605[40003605]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=15

2094 System time = 00:55:35

2094 D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

2109 System time = 00:55:35, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

7922 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

7938 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

8250 Aircraft="Cessna Skyhawk 172SP"

10797 Module [M1] identified = "ActiveRadar.dll"

23469 AIRCRAFT\PMDG747-400\B747-400.air

23766 Aircraft="747-400 Air Canada"

40813 Module [M2] identified = "PMDGOptions.DLL"

======================================================================

Is something wrong with the new version and the way PMDGOptions.dll accesses the module (as mentioned in a few posts around)? Could anybody help solving this problem? I really like both FSUIPC and PMDG 747s and don't want to suffer from any conflict between these two superb products!

Thank you and Regards,

Rustam

I've recently "upgraded" my FS9.1 Modules folder with version 3.6.5. Now, when I register the module and try to load any of the PMDG QoS (pax or cargo model) I get an error message saying: "You need FSUIPC version 3.4.8 or later. FS will now close" and FS closes, although the unregistered version suits quite well and doesn't cause any problem when the PMDG aircraft is loaded.

That is exactly the symptom you get with a bad user Key. Please ZIP up your FSUIPC.KEY file and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com for checking.

I was even more excited to see PMDGOptions.dll a culprit of all this mess after looking into the FSUIPC log file (.txt). Here is an excerpt from the log just a few seconds after the registration:

Unfortuately your extract is cut short of anything informative. The "module identified" message always appears if the DLL is installed. The log extract shows nothing useful at all. Please do NOT perform your own extracts. Show it all, including FS being closed, otherwise there's nothing conclusive in any way.

Regards

Pete