The simFlight Network Forums

Colombia River Gorge and EZ-Scenery ?

Hi Holger,

I have a problem that I cannot solve on my own and I thought to ask you since you're a scenery guru and the problem occurs only in the CRG region.

I like the CRG scenery so much that it is one of the areas I flly the most.

I wanted to add some scenery objects myself with EZ-Scenery that I just recently purchased (I am still a real greenhorn though).

Whenever I want to place an object on the other side of the river near Troutdale close to the piers like a ship or anything else for that matter, Fs9 slows down to almost a complete halt, any actioin takes extremely long and it's realy not funtional anymore. I will have to closedown Fs9 from the taskmanager because even quiting takes very long.

I have the idea that it happens when I pan around the object and view in a certain direction somewhere between North and East. It's hard to tell the exact direction though because when the slowdown occurs panning is any further is impossible. Saving and reloading doesn't help either.

I tried moving all the graphic sliders down but that didn't help.

I also de-activated all other add-on scenery in that region. So it only happens when CRG is active.

Dear Holger, do you have any idea what could cause this and what I can do about it ?

Strange thing is that with RWY12 this slowdown doesn't occur and only with the CRG scenery. When I place objects in you scenery Glacier Pass near Juneau everything works perfectly.

Thanks for your time,

Cheers,

Elko Kuiper

Hi Elko,

holy cow, that is weird! :shock:

I just tried to replicate your issue and the slowdown at Troutdale happens when I pan east past heading 039. No idea why that happens but I'll check into it at some point. Can't do it right away, though, as I'm booked with other stuff till the middle of the month.

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is some interference with the other objects I placed in the area (antennae etc.). Thus, maybe removing the CRG_effects* and CRG_objects* bgl files from US Columbia River Gorge scenery\scenery while using EZ-Scenery might help.

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: you may want to ask the people in the EZ-Scenery forum over at BEV - http://www.flightsim-bevs.com/ - about this. Maybe somebody else has encountered a similar issue before and figured out what's going on.

Hi Holger,

First of all thank you for the quick response, I am glad that I am not the only one having this problem and that you were able to replicate the problem, this means it's not occuring on my system only.

Thank you for looking into the matter, please by all means do this when you have the time for it, for me personaly this isn't such a big issue because the scenery is lovely as it is allready, still it would be nice if I could add some personal touches though :)

I tried what you suggested, removing the effects and objects bgl files but this didn't help unfortunatly.

I allready asked at the other forum and they suggested to do some of the things I mentioned before like turning the detail and density sliders down, this didn't work but it also removes alot of scenery objects that come back after I finished placing my own scenery with the chance of trees right in the middle of some objects I maught have placed.

I hope you will find a sollution, for myself but also for you and others that want to use EZ-Scenery in the CRG area.

Again, thanks for looking into it,

With regards,

Elko Kuiper

• 3 months later...

Hi Holger,

It's been a while since I asked you the above question and I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this slowdown in Fs2004 ?

If you are to busy with other things than that's ok the scenery is great and I enjoy it nevertheless.

Cheers,

Elko Kuiper

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.