The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to load WideFS

Hi there,

i'm a registered owner of FSUIPC (i paid only for FSUIPC but in FS module tab i can read WideFS is registered :shock:

Unfortunately, after last versions installed cannot link my client to server pc via WideFS and keep getting this error message:

"Establish Link... Maybe running on WideClient, but FS not running on Server, or wrong FSUIPC"

Version 3.65 of FSUIPC.dll

Version 6.65 of WideFS

Now i ask, should i also pay for WideFS registration?

never had such problems before of last upgrade

thanks in advance for helping

Luigi :wink:

a bit later...

following JALTUVE suggestion (thank you) i fixed the problem by modifying the wideclient.ini file adding protocol=UDP; and also switching from ServerIPAddr to ServerName (thank you Pete)

now all is ok! As usual 8)

Hi there,

i'm a registered owner of FSUIPC (i paid only for FSUIPC but in FS module tab i can read WideFS is registered :shock:

That's not legitimate -- one of the recent releases was a Beta b mistake. It will expire one day soon in any case then nothing will work.

Unfortunately, after last versions installed cannot link my client to server pc via WideFS and keep getting this error message:

"Establish Link... Maybe running on WideClient, but FS not running on Server, or wrong FSUIPC"

Check the wideServer Log. it probably says you need to register WideFS.

Now i ask, should i also pay for WideFS registration?

Yes, you certainly must! It's the only honest thing to do in any case if you want to use it!

Regards,

Pete

following JALTUVE suggestion (thank you) i fixed the problem by modifying the wideclient.ini file adding protocol=UDP; and also switching from ServerIPAddr to ServerName (thank you Pete)

now all is ok! As usual 8)

What do you mean "as usual"? If you've not paid for WideFS it is not legal for you to use it. Please ZIP up the last FSUIPC.LOG and FSUIPC.KEY files so that I may investigate this. something is not right.

Regards,

Pete

ehi Peter, don't be so aggressive! :?

i am a registered user of both FSUIPC and WideFS but didn't remember so i thought i had to pay for WideFS just because of its last release small bug :o

just found my Simmarket Customer Service email with both reg. KEYS (August 2003 :wink: ) and since then i have been using what i paid for; all my FS addons are registered for sure!

all the best

Luigi :wink:

ehi Peter, don't be so aggressive! :?

Oh, sorry, didn't mean it like thatit's just that what was happening sounded so wrong. :-(

i am a registered user of both FSUIPC and WideFS but didn't remember

Oh, goodthat's all right then. Phew! :-) :-)

Thanks!

Pete