The simFlight Network Forums

MY TRAFFIC 2006

BLAZER

Hello..My question is real simple.I have MY TRAFFIC 2004-V2 installed and am thinking of purchasing MY TRAFFIC 2006. Do i need to remove any files from MY TRAFFIC 2004-V2 before installing MT TRAFFIC 2006 or will the files be overwritten by the new installation. I looked in the forums but wasn't sure so the reason for my inquiry..Regards..TH

• 2 months later...

no you will not lose any mytraffic files. What I have encountered is that mytraffic has more flight plans so you will see more mytraffic flights. If you use both you will have a lot of traffic. they are both fram rate good. I like jt2005 because you can add flights to it with ease.

I have all traffic programs and I just run UT with mytraffic with just the military bgl. I use jt2005 to fill in a lot of airlines that ut does not cover. I like mytraffic but I like the ease of adding flights and flight plans and the time with ease jt interface gives you. Everything is about your own preference.

maybe one day a AI program will give you a plamspotter for AI traffic you add with ease of adding flights as in jt2005 with AI traffic that covers all the airports in fs9 or fsx like mytraffic. That would be a nice ai program. If they could do it wiith like fslive worldwide, I would pay top dollar for that.

If you have tcasv7 and turn on your airplane Id's in fs9 you will see how many planes are mytraffic and jt2005.

@Blazer

Coming from version 2.0 or 2.1, there is nothing you have to do. Coming from 1.0, you should delete the large MyTraffic.bgl, but that got split from 1.0 to 2.0.

For the service Packs to 4.0, there are detailed instructions. To be honest to you, and as announced already here, MyTraffic2006 Version 4.1 is almost ready, so if you are patient (in the time frame given not by me )that will might the better choice for you, to have an all complete final FS9 version.