The simFlight Network Forums

Need Help in Understanding using FSUIPC

I am trying to set-up FSUIPC (registered) for use with CH Throttle Quadrant, the Vmax Advanced Flight Control System III, CH Rudder Pedals and FS9. I have read through the FAQs and forums, but I must be doing something wrong because the throttles aren't registering properly. The reverse thrust isn't working when I pull the throttle down past the indent. I have let FS setup the hardware before attempting to use FSUIPC. FS reports that all is working properly.

Has a step-by-step procedure been written up for the combination of hardware that I have for use with FSUIPC?

Thank you.

-Don

I am trying to set-up FSUIPC (registered) for use with CH Throttle Quadrant, the Vmax Advanced Flight Control System III, CH Rudder Pedals and FS9. ...

Has a step-by-step procedure been written up for the combination of hardware that I have for use with FSUIPC?

No, because FSUIPC is not hardware dependent -- it deals with FS controls, not with hardware controls. Also there is no way I could possibly become familiar with all the hardware which could be connected to FS -- in this case, for example, I have no CH devices and I've never heard of that Vmax device you mention.

Check the FSUIPC user guide. There is a step by step guide to calibrating FS joystick controls in FSUIPC, including both the generic single throttle (which, like the FS ones, has no reverse range), and the multiple separate throttles which, in FSUIPC, are made to have reverse by introducing an idle "centre" -- the "centre" which should be calibrated around your idle detente. It also expalins how you can map the one to the others should you be unfortunate enough to have only one throttle lever (which i would assume you are not).

Regards,

Pete