The simFlight Network Forums

Cannot remove default traffic?

frodeham

Strange I do not have a a word folder in scnerey....all the mytraffic*.bgl filses seems to be in mytraffic folder and nowhere else.

How do I correct this? I tried just to add folders //world/scenery and copy the files in there.....didn't work at all? mind you This now looks like described above: flightsim dir/scenery/world/scenery

Cheers

Frode

Well, this seems to be the reason. Scenery\world\scenery is one of the most essential folders of FS9, and is important to be local on disk for performance reasons and all addon compatibility. If you do not have one, maybe you made the "minimal installation" that saves a little bit of disk space on cost of performance.

Until you add a folder to the scenery library using the scenery library dialog, quit FS9 than and restart it, it will not be used. Once you did so, you should see the MyTraffic aircraft. If you continue to load the stock traffic from CD though, there is no way to disable it, so you will keep Landmark and Co around you unavoidable.