The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS: KeySend and Left CTRL?

Hello,

I wonder if I can program my joystick button to operate LEFT CTRL key on the second computer connected via WideFS. The problem is that the application on the second PC doesn't process Windows commands, but is using keyboard scanning. So the situation is similar to programming PTT button for TeamSpaek, as descibed in the WideFS manual page 21. I know that I have to define KeySend action for the button in FSUIPC, add a Keysend entry in wideclient.ini and also set UseSendInput=Yes. The problem is that the keycode for LEFT CTRL is not listed in the WideFS manual. Is it possible to use LEFT CTRL as a single key, not as a "virtual key"? If so, does someone know the appropriate code for that key?

Best regards,

MJZ

The problem is that the keycode for LEFT CTRL is not listed in the WideFS manual. Is it possible to use LEFT CTRL as a single key, not as a "virtual key"? If so, does someone know the appropriate code for that key?

Hmm. I found this in one of the Microsoft headers:

/*

* VK_L* & VK_R* - left and right Alt, Ctrl and Shift virtual keys.

* Used only as parameters to GetAsyncKeyState() and GetKeyState().

* No other API or message will distinguish left and right keys in this way.

*/

#define VK_LSHIFT 0xA0

#define VK_RSHIFT 0xA1

#define VK_LCONTROL 0xA2

#define VK_RCONTROL 0xA3

#define VK_LMENU 0xA4

#define VK_RMENU 0xA5

which would make Left Control 162 in decimal. You could try that, but I cannot guarantee it as it seems to imply that the API I'm using won't support it. It may just work if it passes through the values I give it unmolested. Otherwise, is it not possible to change the program's assignment?

Regards,

Pete

Many thanks for the answer.

I will try it later today. I have a problem with assigning another key. I use LEFT CTRL for PTT button in VRC (ATC client for VATSIM). The newest alpha version of VRC creates a multiplayer sesion to which FS can connect, so on the second PC with FS you can see thetraffic in tower view. I'm trying to configure VRC and FSUIPC to be able to use VRC's PTT both from FS computer and VRC computer.

The problem is that I have VRC on my laptop with limited keyboard. I can't assign PTT to any letter since it will couse that letter to appear in the text comm window each time I will press PTT. Also all function keys (F1-F12) are used for different VRC functions, as well as INSERT and TAB. I have tried to use DEL or PRINT SCREEN, but they just don't work as PTT keys in VRC (I don't know the reason). There is no num pad and arrow cays are also used by VRC. So the only solution for now is Scroll Lock or Num Lock, but I don't have separate keys on my laptop for that, I have to press another key together with Fn key, so it's not so practical for PTT key.

Anyway thanks a lot again.

MJZ