The simFlight Network Forums

EXTREME YAW on PMDG737 when extending/retracting flaps

Whenever I takeoff on Flaps5, and slowly reduce flaps as i ascend, i experience a hard yaw to the right, sometimes i lose control of the plane and it makes it really heavy too. the same thing happens when i extend it during approach.

i am using a custom throttle quadrant calibrated as prescribed in the FSUIPC manual.

any fixes maybe on the wind?

Whenever I takeoff on Flaps5, and slowly reduce flaps as i ascend, i experience a hard yaw to the right, sometimes i lose control of the plane and it makes it really heavy too. the same thing happens when i extend it during approach.

i am using a custom throttle quadrant calibrated as prescribed in the FSUIPC manual.

any fixes maybe on the wind?

This is not the PMDG support forum, sorry. You need to re-direct your questions to their support. It does, however, sound like you have a faulty PMDG install as I use that aircraft a lot and get no such problem. Try re-installing it completely.

Regards,

Pete

I forgot to mention but this happens to default FS 737 planes as well "pete", when i started calibrating flaps using FSUIPC.

It sounds like you may have more than one action asigned somewhere. Have you checked that there are no overlaps with FS assignments?

For more information for me, use the default aircraft, fly till you are close to doing the action which concerns you, THEN go to FSUIPC logging, turn on Axis and Event logging, and continue. After the problem occurs. go back to the logging and turn those options off. Close FS, and send me the Log plus your FSUIPC INI file. petedowson@btconnect.com.

Regards,

Pete