The simFlight Network Forums

Problem with Joystick ???

Hello,

I settled my Joystick SideWinder Force Feedback Pro (Pc with Fs and WideFs server) by affecting a button to activate transmission towards RogerWilco (Pc client with WideFs client ) and everything works well .

However, when I press the button shot (which activates brakes) it engages transmission towards RW hanging 1/4 of second and then even though I remain pressed on the button, the transmition stops.

It is annoying, and I would have wanted to know if problem is known and how to proceed to fix it

Configured WideClient.ini as :

[user]

Log=Errors+

ActionKeys=Yes

KeySend1=RWon

KeySend2=RWoff

Configured FSUIPC

button.jpg

The shoot button is settled in Fs command tab to activate brake as usually

Any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance

Gerard [/img]

The shoot button is settled in Fs command tab to activate brake as usually

It's a really bad idea to have the same button activating FS actions as well as FSUIPC actions. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the cause of your problem. FS reads the buttons via DirectInput, FSUIPC uses the standard Windows API. It sounds like there's a conflict which makes the button look released to FSUIPC.

Pete

I forgot to add this:

If you REALLY want to brake as well as operate RW with the same button then you can program both functions in FSUIPC. But this would need editing in the FSUIPC.INI file. Details are in the Advanced User Guide.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your very fast answeer but i badly explained myself...sorry my English is poor ;-)

The button settled for Rw is not the same settled for brake of course...It is for it that I asked the previous question;-)

So i don't understand why there is this problem...

Regards

The button settled for Rw is not the same settled for brake of course

Sorry, I thought you said "the shoot button is settled in Fs command tab to activate brake as usually".

Anyway, if it still doesn't work as expected when the button is ONLY programmed through FSUIPC, then I suspect it is set to pulse rather than hold. This may be either in the device itself, or maybe in the driver. Try just programming an action on the "Release" and see if that action is taken when you just press and hold. If so, then it sounds like it is a function set elsewhere, either in the device itself or its drivers.

You should also be able to check this in the Control Panel Game Controllers section. See what that indicates.

Maybe it is only that button affected. Try another one, perhaps, in case?

I can't really think of anything else at present I'm afraid.

Pete

Controllers section. See what that indicates.

Maybe it is only that button affected. Try another one, perhaps, in case?

I can't really think of anything else at present I'm afraid.

Pete

Hello,

Don't be afraid Peter, it's not good for your age ;-)))

I changed by using the button "seesaw" of the joystick and not a normal button and everything goes well now

Thank you very much for your explanation...

Regards

[Don't be afraid Peter, it's not good for your age ;-)))

I know. There isn't much that is good for me at my age, so I have to live rather dangerously in any case!

I changed by using the button "seesaw" of the joystick and not a normal button and everything goes well now

Good. must be some odd things that the specific joystick driver is doing.

Good flying!

Pete