The simFlight Network Forums

widefs/wideview

Hello Folks out there some time ago i tried to run wideview and widefs on the same coms and it would not work. So now what i did was load all my networked software on another com that did not have FS9 on the com.

I now want to run an instrument panel( FMC and Throttle console) thru the same com that i have my software on running Widefs, if it can be done how do i get the FMC and Throttle instuments over to the monitor that does not have FS9 on it.

meaning i want to network the fmc thru widefs, how do i get the fmc over to the other com.

Thanks..............Robert

Hello Folks out there some time ago i tried to run wideview and widefs on the same coms and it would not work.

WidevieW only runs in FS. WideServer will run in the same PC with WidevieW, but of course Wideclient is designed only to be run on a PC which isn't running FS, so, no WidevieW either.

if it can be done how do i get the FMC and Throttle instuments over to the monitor that does not have FS9 on it.

You cannot run FS's own panels without FS. They are not complete or separate programs, only modules which drive FS graphics. If you want gauges and subsystems running on other PCs you need to look at programs like Project Magenta, FreeFDS, vasFMC (all FSUIPC/WideFS compatible), or maybe FSexpand which I think has its own networking system.

Even then, really your throttle control needs to be on the FS PC, where your throttle is.

Regards,

Pete

well i guess im confuesd now i thought that with widefs you could do that within FS9, let me see if i understand this , you cannot use widefs and use FS9 instrument panels on another com , which makes since, but where did i get the notion that widefs was for networking instuments and software, and also im talking add-on planes like L -767, and other add-ons.

im tring to take the load off my main com.

So are you saying to do networking with instruments i need other type of software other than FS9 intruments.

..............Robert

let me see if i understand this , you cannot use widefs and use FS9 instrument panels on another com

WideFS does not split the FS program into little programs you can run elsewhere. WideFS is simply a Network extension of the FSUIPC interface. Anything which interfaces to FS via FSUIPC on the FS PC should run quite happily on a Networked PC running WideClient.

where did i get the notion that widefs was for networking instuments and software

Not sure. There are lots of external instruments provided by external software, as I listed for you. Anything that runs OUTSIDE of FS, providing it interfaces TO FS via FSUIPC, should run okay on a WideFS client PC. That's the whole idea -- there are lots of such programs. as well as instrumentation via Project Magenta, vasFMC and so on there are Weather programs like ActiveSky, ATC programs like Radar contact, tracking programs like FlightKeeper, and so on.

and also im talking add-on planes like L -767, and other add-ons.

im tring to take the load off my main com.

If you are only running FS on your "main com" all you can do is turn down some of the sliders.

Regards

Pete