The simFlight Network Forums

F/A 18 Motion Simulator (Flight Deck III & FSUIPC)

Hi Pete,

I have been using FSUIPC over several years for our motion simulators. I have a customer that wants to use "Flight Deck III" (a MSFS add-on) in his simulators and I would like to know what data we can extract from FD3. For instance, can we get MFD, HUD, etc? I read your post about the tailhook and that's the type of data we need because he wants functional switches, instruments, etc. I can get most all *generic* aircraft data but wanted to know what I could get specifically from the F-18.

One more comment and I hope it's okay to post it here. My company is making low-cost motion platforms for home gamers and small businesses so if anyone is interested please visit my website. I can extract the telemetry data from many games so it's a plug-n-play system.

Regards,

Mark Barry

http://216.71.41.98/

I have been using FSUIPC over several years for our motion simulators. I have a customer that wants to use "Flight Deck III" (a MSFS add-on) in his simulators and I would like to know what data we can extract from FD3. For instance, can we get MFD, HUD, etc? I read your post about the tailhook and that's the type of data we need because he wants functional switches, instruments, etc. I can get most all *generic* aircraft data but wanted to know what I could get specifically from the F-18.

From FSUIPC I can only get data native to FS. I don't know Flight Deck III, but many third party aircraft "do their own thing" with instrumentation, and none of it will be accessible to FSUIPC unless the authors have made it so by using the offsets I can allocate to them. Some third party developers, like those who made the Wilco 767PIC package, provide a separate way into their data -- in that case, via a separate DLL which the external program can use.

I'm afraid the only way you can proceed is to approach the Flight Deck III developers and see what they can offer.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the reply. I did speak with the FD3 folks and they said most of their data displayed on the MFDs (DDIs) are data from FS2002. Therefore, I shouldn't have a problem programming those displays using FSUIPC.

Thanks,

Mark