The simFlight Network Forums
Hans Exel

Ultimate Traffic

Leonard,

I take issue with the comment relating to the way UT supports third party Airports.

Both MT and UT support them the same way. The both give you the ability to keep your current Airport Layout (AFCAD).

Those that are having trouble, and this has occured with both packages, has been with those that have blindly installed the package and not read the manual or documentation first.

Regards

Russell Jourdain (NZL007 / ZK-RHJ)

Hans, lets just put it this way, with only 29.95 UNITED STATES CURRENCY, you can get the whole package deal, with the editor, updater, (believe me, there's gonna be alot of updates for 3rd party sceneries soon), and other eye candies and tools. You don't need to buy my traffic for 31.99 EURO, the editor for 10.00, and big twins for 11.95.

However, My traffic is easier to use with the airport afcad and that's basically all i found helpful. The UT's "editor" is very simple, all you havta do is select the airport and add the airlines you want. but the bad thing is...you guessed it...Compiling. you havta compile for everythng you do...so it's your choice.

Lol...I love reading these flam wars messages

Alex Siu

Both MT and UT support them the same way. The both give you the ability to keep your current Airport Layout (AFCAD).

Those that are having trouble, and this has occured with both packages, has been with those that have blindly installed the package and not read the manual or documentation first.

Nope. I read the documentation to a 't'. I did exactly as they indicated. Not checking those airports which had 3rd party AFCADS. I didn't. It didn't work. They now have to play catch-up after misleading a number who asked direct questions in the first place. Not once. But many times.

MyTraffic doesn't work the same way. The list is given of 3rd party support. You load the file of all the airports supported. Highlight the 3rd party airport, click and voila. As easy as pie. Sorry, you're wrong. UT is a mess. MyTraffic rules.

Nope. I read the documentation to a 't'. I did exactly as they indicated. Not checking those airports which had 3rd party AFCADS. I didn't. It didn't work. They now have to play catch-up after misleading a number who asked direct questions in the first place. Not once. But many times.

MyTraffic doesn't work the same way. The list is given of 3rd party support. You load the file of all the airports supported. Highlight the 3rd party airport, click and voila. As easy as pie. Sorry, you're wrong. UT is a mess. MyTraffic rules.

You have probably only read the "t". :)

I read the instructions and unchecked all my Simflyers airports and UT installed correctly. All it took was reading through the list and saying don't install these.

UT even allows you to not install support for freeware third party airports in the same way. These do not appear on a list with MT so you have to manually do them.

Regards

Russell Jourdain (NZL007 / ZK-RHJ)

I have to add something to this.

I downloaded UT and installed it just to see what it was like and i must admit that i didnt like it. Yeah so you can get real airline timetables but what happens when its night? you get no traffic! There are enough free real timetables that you can get off the net and if you have MT you can use the editor to import them into MT and use them as well. I dont see that support with UT to install MT files in it.

MT gives you worldwide traffic 24hours a day, NOT just during the day. It is also an install and forget program (well nearly) unlike UT.

MT and UT have their own good points and bad, no program on a scale like these can be fault free, you just cant get enough testers to test every senario with these programs and MSFS so you are bound to find glitches somewhere, but i like MT because it gives me a good base for me to add my own AI traffic to.

I currently have nearly 430,000 traffic movements per day on my MT hybrid, ok so the basic version is only something like 180,000 but with the fact you can add real timetables and add your own made up flight schedules, i have made it up to this. Hopefully in a few more service packs MT may be up to this type of level, i dont know.

MT and UT are both good programs in their own right, as it takes a lot of time and effort to make programs like these so you cant say this is better than this because blah blah blah, and expect everyone to agree. My personal opinion is MT is better, but thats just my choice, i dont expect anyone to agree, and frankly i dont care if you dont agree. If UT works for you and you are happy with it then thats great, stay with it and hopefully it will be a good program, as competition makes you work harder to make your product better, so in the end i will benefit because MT will have to be made better to compete :D

All im saying is, I didnt like UT but i do like MT, but thats just MY OPINION. If you like UT but dont like MT then thats your opinion, but dont expect everyone to follow you or if they dont agree then they are wrong. We are all different, thats what makes us who we are.

Well thats just my thoughts on all this UT/MT thing

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

SMILE

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Take care

Kat

Don't want to repeat myself too much but:

> I read the instructions and unchecked all my Simflyers airports and UT installed correctly. All it took was reading through the list and saying don't install these.

Did exactly this and it didn't work. It did not install correctly. More importantly, I have consistently run MyTraffic at 100% traffic and it is just beautiful. Everything in its proper place. Planes leaving in a timely basis when the others are coming so parking is always being refreshed. No contest - MyTraffic wins.

>UT even allows you to not install support for freeware third party airports in the same way. These do not appear on a list with MT so you have to manually do them.

I never had a single problem with MyTraffic. Simple and elegant. When I by a payware airport, I install it, go to the AFCAD 3rd party file - a couple of clicks and its done. :D

Hi, Kat.

Very nice reply! As the person who was trying to give a (not too biased) reply to someone asking about the differences between MT and UT, I didn't realize I was going to open a can of worms this big! :)

I did want to clarify one small point, though.

There are enough free real timetables that you can get off the net and if you have MT you can use the editor to import them into MT and use them as well. I dont see that support with UT to install MT files in it.

Ultimate Traffic does, in fact, allow the addition of custom flight plans. If you place your flightplans.txt and aircraft.txt into UT's "Extra Traffic" folder, they will be compiled along with the normal UT plans.

You could place the entire set of MT plans in there and it would work fine, although I wouldn't recommend it. Too many flightplans are guaranteed to bring FS2002 to its knees at some point.

Best regards, Ron

WOW i never knew that either :D

Thanks for pointing that out, lol you learn something new every day :D

Take care

Kat

:D