The simFlight Network Forums

Can't fly

Guest Lazlo123

Guest Lazlo123

Um... hello... i downloaded Dash8-Q300_2 for MS FS2002... i downloaded the module it said to in the installation instructions... i'm really not sure what the problem is... but the dash doesn't seem to have any pitch control.. i have aileron control and rudder control... but when i pull back or push down nothing happens... help? please?

Um... hello... i downloaded Dash8-Q300_2 for MS FS2002... i downloaded the module it said to in the installation instructions... i'm really not sure what the problem is... but the dash doesn't seem to have any pitch control.. i have aileron control and rudder control... but when i pull back or push down nothing happens... help? please?

Not sure why you are posting this question here, but maybe some visitor can help. However, I think you should try asking the author of the aircraft.

Regards,

Pete

I thought it may have been something to do with the module i downloaded from here, thats why i was posting here.

Thanks

There's no place to download stuff here, it is a support forum. Are you referring to one of my modules, presumably downloaded elsewhere? If so, which one, and why do you think it could be responsible?

Either way, I'm afraid I do not know the aircraft you are using and would still strongly recommend you ask the author.

If you do want some help here with anything of mine, it would help me to understand what you are talking about if you actually identified the "module" concerned, and explained why you think you have problems with it. On the whole none of my modules do anything unless they are told to, and certainly there's nothing which interferes with any aircraft controls unrequested.

Regards,

Pete

hmm.. ok... i guess i'm beyond confused... but the module i downloaded was fsuipc on http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html. I have no reason as to why i think the module might be responsible, i honestly don't even know what the module does, i just downloaded it because the instructions for the dash said to. While i'm on the topic, what does the module do? i'll try contacting the author of the dash and see if he can help... sorry for posting something that doesn't belong here... but.. gotta start somewhere.. right?

the module i downloaded was fsuipc. I have no reason as to why i think the module might be responsible, i honestly don't even know what the module does, i just downloaded it because the instructions for the dash said to. While i'm on the topic, what does the module do?

There's a lot of documentation supplied with FSUIPC. Doesn't any of that help you? Try the User Guide. As it says there, it is mainly just an interface into FS for other programs to use. What they might use it for I could not say, there are all sorts of applications using it for all sorts of purposes. I assume the author of the package you installed knows what he used it for, though, otherwise why would he tel you to install it?

i'll try contacting the author of the dash and see if he can help... sorry for posting something that doesn't belong here... but.. gotta start somewhere.. right?

Well, if you DO have a problem with FSUIPC then it would belong here, but you only just mentioned that it was FSUIPC you were talking about. And even then, not knowing why it is needed, what it is used for, it is not really possible to understand what you've got going on. Whilst there are facilities in FSUIPC to help you get far more precise calibrations of your joysticks than you can with FS otherwise, none of those are active unless you've activated them. If all you've done is install the DLL as is and not touched any of the options then it won't be doing anything it is not told to by the package you installed.

I hope the author can help.

Regards,

Pete