The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4.0 - Addons menu not appearing

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i need help as well, i have the same problem with the add-on menu as everyone else. But the funny thing is, i didnt get a warning on start-up of fsx after the installation of fsuipc. I went and checked if it was in the list of certificates but it wasnt, not even the untrusted list. I have tried reinstalling, and even repairing fsx by putting in the discs and selecting repair, but it didnt work.

Come to think of it i dont get the warning messages when i install aircraft from fs9 (such as the carenado). According to the read-me files of the planes, there are suppost to be warning messages for the gauges, but i dont get them which leads to the gauges not working. Please help.

ok i need help as well, i have the same problem with the add-on menu as everyone else. But the funny thing is, i didnt get a warning on start-up of fsx after the installation of fsuipc. I went and checked if it was in the list of certificates but it wasnt, not even the untrusted list. I have tried reinstalling, and even repairing fsx by putting in the discs and selecting repair, but it didnt work.

Come to think of it i dont get the warning messages when i install aircraft from fs9 (such as the carenado). According to the read-me files of the planes, there are suppost to be warning messages for the gauges, but i dont get them which leads to the gauges not working. Please help.

Sounds like SimConnect isn't installed correctly. Please see the FSX help Announcement at the top of the Forum.

Pete

Sounds like SimConnect isn't installed correctly. Please see the FSX help Announcement at the top of the Forum.

Pete

I tried reinstalling, it didnt work, i dont have any antivirus or firewalls on. And what help what loging it do?

I tried reinstalling, it didnt work

What method did you use?

And what help what loging it do?

Pardon?

Try the SimConnect logging as suggested and show me the resulting log.

Have you tried installing the later versions of FSUIPC4, like FSUIPC 4.064 available above? The installer now attempts to correct corrupted DLL.XML files and even fixes a wrongly installed Simconnect.xml file. if even your add-on gauges aren't working it must either be Simconnect not correctly installed or a Simconnect.xml file specifying remote connections only at the cost of local ones.

Pete

I have the latest version

Latest version of what? If you mean FSUIPC, can you check the Version number please? "Latest version" means nothing on its own, it just means "the latest I have downloaded".

... and i tired the log and got this,

0.00000 SimConnect version 0x00000002

So, SimConnect isn't loading anytrhing at all.

The method I used to reinstall was inserting the disc and selecting repair.

Ah! That apparently doesn't work! Please refer to the FSX Help Announcement above. You have to delete a folder first, else the repair won't touch SimConnect. That's why I posted the FSX Help Announcement in the first place, and why I referred you to it!

Regards

Pete

Latest version of what? If you mean FSUIPC, can you check the Version number please? "Latest version" means nothing on its own, it just means "the latest I have downloaded".

Yes i meant that i have the latest released, version 4.06

So, SimConnect isn't loading anytrhing at all.

Thats what i was thinking

Ah! That apparently doesn't work! Please refer to the FSX Help Announcement above. You have to delete a folder first, else the repair won't touch SimConnect. That's why I posted the FSX Help Announcement in the first place, and why I referred you to it!

Regards

Pete

Yes when i reinstalled i just deleted the file, not the folder. I went back and deleted the folder, which for some reason didnt have the file in it. As I write i am repairing fsx again and will post again with an update on the situation.

Thanks for all your help,

Andrew

Yes i meant that i have the latest released, version 4.06

That's what I thought you might mean, and that isn't the latest, only the latest on general release. Please re-read this part of my earlier reply:

Have you tried installing the later versions of FSUIPC4, like FSUIPC 4.064 available above? The installer now attempts to correct corrupted DLL.XML files and even fixes a wrongly installed Simconnect.xml file. if even your add-on gauges aren't working it must either be Simconnect not correctly installed or a Simconnect.xml file specifying remote connections only at the cost of local ones.

If re-installing Simconnect doesn't work, maybe fixing those files, by using the latest FSUIPC4 installer, will do the trick.

Pete

I finished the repair and then restarted fsx but nothing happened. I tried downloading and installing the version 4.064 version of fsuipc but it didnt work either. And for some reason the simconnect.ini isnt making more than one simconnect log in my C:\ root. I deleted the first one it made then restarted fsx and i saw that it made the new log but after exiting and restarting fsx, it failed to create a new log. aka simconnect1.log

edit: any suggestions?

I finished the repair and then restarted fsx but nothing happened.

"Nothing" happened? You mean FSX didn't load, or just that Simconnect still didn't load anything?

I tried downloading and installing the version 4.064 version of fsuipc but it didnt work either.

When you say "didn't work" do you mean the Installer didn't work? If so, where's the Install log, please?

And for some reason the simconnect.ini isnt making more than one simconnect log in my C:\ root. I deleted the first one it made then restarted fsx and i saw that it made the new log but after exiting and restarting fsx, it failed to create a new log. aka simconnect1.log

So there's no "file_next_index= ..." parameter added to your Simconnect.INI file? That's where it keeps track of the Log file numbering.

any suggestions?

Sorry, I'm all out of ideas. Most certainly Simconnect, that vital part of FSX without which add-ons won't work, is not running on your system. Why, I have no idea. Yours is the first case I've come across where a re-install using methods given doesn't succeed. I'm afraid you now only have recourse to Microsoft Support.

Please send all these results to tell_fs@microsoft.com in any case, explaining all you have explained to me. But don't expect a reply from that direction. For actual tech support on FSX you will need to contact MS support.

Regards

Pete

I finished the repair and then restarted fsx but nothing happened.
"Nothing" happened? You mean FSX didn't load, or just that Simconnect still didn't load anything?

i meant that simconnect didnt load, the add-on menu wasnt there.

I tried downloading and installing the version 4.064 version of fsuipc but it didnt work either.
When you say "didn't work" do you mean the Installer didn't work? If so, where's the Install log, please?

I meant that everything installed normally but it didnt work in fsx.

And for some reason the simconnect.ini isnt making more than one simconnect log in my C:\ root. I deleted the first one it made then restarted fsx and i saw that it made the new log but after exiting and restarting fsx, it failed to create a new log. aka simconnect1.log
So there's no "file_next_index= ..." parameter added to your Simconnect.INI file? That's where it keeps track of the Log file numbering.

Well i have that line it it,

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

console=No

file=C:\SimConnect%01u.Log

file_max_index=9

any suggestions?
Sorry, I'm all out of ideas. Most certainly Simconnect, that vital part of FSX without which add-ons won't work, is not running on your system. Why, I have no idea. Yours is the first case I've come across where a re-install using methods given doesn't succeed. I'm afraid you now only have recourse to Microsoft Support.

Please send all these results to tell_fs@microsoft.com in any case, explaining all you have explained to me. But don't expect a reply from that direction. For actual tech support on FSX you will need to contact MS support.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for all your help, maybe an update will fix this. Ill try a full uninstall and reinstall later.

Well i have that line it it,

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

console=No

file=C:\SimConnect%01u.Log

file_max_index=9

No, that line isn't in it (you are confusing "max" and "next", which are different words). It is put there when Simconnect creates the first log, then updated each time. It looks like either you have the Simconnect.INI file in the wrong place (it goes into your My Documents\Flight simulator X Files folder), or simconnect simply is not running at all.

Thanks for all your help, maybe an update will fix this. Ill try a full uninstall and reinstall later.

Okay. Let me know if you make any progress please.

Regards

Pete

Okay. Let me know if you make any progress please.

Regards

Pete

I tried the full reinstall but it didnt help with the problem. It didnt even help with the gauges on the aircraft which makes me think that i have a crummy simconnect file, or something similar. What could be causing this?

[

I tried the full reinstall but it didnt help with the problem. It didnt even help with the gauges on the aircraft which makes me think that i have a crummy simconnect file, or something similar. What could be causing this?

Is there a Simconnect.dll file in that folder referred to in the FSX Help Announcement?

Search for a file "simconnect.xml" in the Documents and Settings folder. If you find one, delete it.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, I have no idea. We have exhausted all the things I can think of.

Regards

Pete

Is there a Simconnect.dll file in that folder referred to in the FSX Help Announcement?

Search for a file "simconnect.xml" in the Documents and Settings folder. If you find one, delete it.

Otherwise, I'm sorry, I have no idea. We have exhausted all the things I can think of.

Regards

Pete

There is a simconnect.dll in this location,

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

I searched for a .xml in the documents and settings but found none.

• 1 month later...

YES! :D

I figured out my problem,

After many trial and error sessions i went ahead and repaired xp after discovering i had a problem with the Cryptographic Service which is why fsx would not create the certificates. Right from the horses mouth,

Cryptographic Service

"Provides three management services: Catalog Database Service, which confirms the signatures of Windows files; Protected Root Service, which adds and removes Trusted Root Certification Authority certificates from this computer; and Key Service, which helps enroll this computer for certificates. If this service is stopped, these management services will not function properly. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start."

I hope this will help others whom are having the same problem as I. Although you do not have to go as far as a repair to fix the service here is a link for some other options. (that, unfortunently for me, found after the repair :evil: )

http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_014.html

Thanks for all of your help here,

Andrew