The simFlight Network Forums

big flight controll lag with fsuipc 4.1

I am using fsx with widefs7 and on the other computer i have general aviation panel with i use with widefs and i get lag with that, i was wondering why and could the problem be with network card, and i cant get a third computer to connect with widefs ?

Sorry, there's not enough information in the question for me to even hazard an answer. What is this "GA panel"? Hardware or software? What drivers? Any support for it/them?

Networking difficulties are unlikely if the WideServer and WideClient logs show no errors, timeouts or reconnections. Have you checked?

Regards

Pete

I bouth a software on simmarket.com called general aviation panel, wich dispays six-pack instruments and all other instruments like cessna 172, and i have it installed on my other computer with Widefs7 , Well the problem is that the instrumetns they lag couple of seconds behind and, they are not responding smoothly kind of twiching, i was wondering could it be the connection or maybe the video card,,, and i dont get any erros on widefs it connects fine.... and my other problem is that i cant get any connection from my lap top to widefs7. It is wierd, when i instaled fsx on my computer and i got my laptop connected fine with widefs,, but then i could not get any connection on my other computer where i had my general aviation insruments installed,, so i formated my main computer and reinstalled fsx and tryid it againg with the general aviation computer to cennect and i got it connected, but now i cant get my laptop connected where i have instructos station connected to widefs.

First, if you really do mean "FSUIPC 4.1", please update to at least 4.53. Version 4.1 is very old and totally unsupported. it is also not taking advantage of the SimConnect pipe protocol added in FSX SP2/Acceleration, which make FSUIPC's operation more efficient.

I bouth a software on simmarket.com called general aviation panel, wich dispays six-pack instruments and all other instruments like cessna 172, and i have it installed on my other computer with Widefs7 , Well the problem is that the instrumetns they lag couple of seconds behind and, they are not responding smoothly kind of twiching, i was wondering could it be the connection or maybe the video card,,, and i dont get any errors on widefs it connects fine.

Try again after updating FSUIPC. Two seconds lag is not good. If there's no problems shown in either WideServer nor WideClient log files then it shouldn't won't be the Network -- though you could try specifying "Protocol=UDP" in the WideClient INI file to see if that helps -- it is a faster option for a reliable connection. Also check the FSUIPC4.LOG file for errors or SimConnect problems.

You could also try running the program on the same PC as FSX in order to eliminate the Network entirely.

Other possibilities include anti-virus or firewall checking. Some packages can slow things down noticeably.

... and my other problem is that i cant get any connection from my lap top to widefs7. It is wierd, when i instaled fsx on my computer and i got my laptop connected fine with widefs,, but then i could not get any connection on my other computer where i had my general aviation insruments installed,, so i formated my main computer and reinstalled fsx and tryid it againg with the general aviation computer to cennect and i got it connected, but now i cant get my laptop connected where i have instructos station connected to widefs.

I'm afraid Network problems are really not something I can help with easily. It's often a matter of trial and error. I was adding lots of hints to the wideFS documentation, but Vista and Windows 7 sem to have added a whole raft of new and different problems.

Make sure all your PCs are in the same Workgroup. Make sure each can see the other, via Windows Explorer, for instance. Make sure the firewall isn't blocking anything - try with it disabled on all three as a test.

Regards

Pete