The simFlight Network Forums
markt

My Traffic FSX & CFG File Location

I installed my traffic for FSX. I know there are some notes to active it my modifying the .cfg file. My problem is I cannot locate it (the cfg file).

I know the directions show it in c/documents and settings/XXXX(name)/application data/etc..

I have my name Mark/guest and administrator to choose from but I cannot find and application data folder. I also tried a search for the .cfg but but there was no luck.

Can anyone give any suggestions to try?

Thanks in advance

Mark T

Chicago

That is true. Display all files, display hidden fiels and display known file extensions should be enabled, otherwise you cannot work with FSX.

Me to Got program last night spent 1hr looking for the file whent to bed found what to do then 5 mins up and running . We pay the cash for the programs and we would like installing them to be free from bugs. Lets try and do better lads.

Could you please identify where you got a problem? That would help us to improve what is completely clear to all of those who volunteer as beta testers, but not to users with less experience in fideling around.

For those of you having trouble with finding the FSX.cfg file, try entering the following in your windows explorer path field:

%appdata%/Microsoft/FSX

This seems to work regardless of whether show hidden files and folders is enabled.