The simFlight Network Forums

Wide FS 6.70 in FSX

I have downloaded FSUIPC4 402 and successfull installed in FSX.

Next I have downloaded Wide FS 670, next

I get Wide Client.exe next

I get Wide Client FS 89 Eliminator and

I get waiting for a connection, but nothing happens.

I have tried on a computer of friend of mine, alas, the same result.

I have shut off all my virus scans (firewalls and so on).

Can I use FSUIPC without Wide FS in my FSX.

Is it possible you send me the Wide FS program via E-mail ??????

I have downloaded FSUIPC4 402 and successfull installed in FSX.

Okay.

Next I have downloaded Wide FS 670, next

I get Wide Client.exe next

I get Wide Client FS 89 Eliminator and

I get waiting for a connection, but nothing happens.

This is on client PC on your network, I assume? Have you registered WideFS? It won't work until you register.

Can I use FSUIPC without Wide FS in my FSX.

Of course! You aren't forced to use WideFS just because you install FSUIPC4! Whatever gave you such an idea? You can't even use WideFS unless you pay for it and register it using the Key you then receive

Please tell mer how you are getting so confused so I can put it right. WideFS is only for folks with Networks who want to extend the FSUIPC interface to their other PCs!

Is it possible you send me the Wide FS program via E-mail ??????

What WideFS program? It's a package with two parts, a Server and a Client. You already have WideClient (on your Client PCs I hope!). The latest WideServer is built into FSUIPC4, as it clearly says. All you need to do it to pay for it, register it, and, possibly, enable it -- on the About+Register options in FSUIPC4 you will see an "enable/disable" button once you register.

Please do refer to the User Guide. I write the documentation and even include pictures to answer these sorts of questions.

Regards

Pete

Hi, Pete

Sorry about these questions but being naive and using WideFS for the first time, need some help.

I red all the manual but can't understand how to make RC run in client pc.

I'm a registered user of both FSUIPC4 and WideFS7 (v6.70). Installed both according instructions. WideFS connects with WideServer but nothing happens.

How do I make RC (or any other program) run in client pc? Do I need to write the path to FSX? If so how exactly do I do to tell client pc that FSX is installed in server pc (main pc),i.e. Games HDD/Microsoft Games/FSX?

BTW how do I put buttons in WideFS main window? Didn't understand how to configure and where.

Knowing that these questions are dumb hope you really forgive me.

Thanks

Eduardo :oops:

How do I make RC (or any other program) run in client pc?

Install it on the Client PC. Then, assuming Wideclient is running, run the program on the Client. Haven't you even tried just running it?

Do I need to write the path to FSX?

No. You said the Wideclient was connecting, so it knows already.

If so how exactly do I do to tell client pc that FSX is installed in server pc (main pc),i.e. Games HDD/Microsoft Games/FSX?

You don't need to. Why should you need to?

BTW how do I put buttons in WideFS main window? Didn't understand how to configure and where.

By "WideFS main window" do you mean Wideclient's window? Normally you'd just minimise that. Why do you want 'buttons' on the client window in any case? I use the facility (my example is shown in the documentation), but I have a little touch-sensitive screen. Do you?

If you mean joystick buttons, you don't put them on a screen. You program them in FSUIPC on the FS PC, no matter which PC they are on.

Pete

Thanks, Pete, for answering so soon. This is really a support forum!

Need to know:

1) All the utilities I need to run with FS9/FSX I'd like to put in the client pc (mainly RC and ActiveSky) which I've already installed there

2) Created a WideFS desktop shortcut in the client pc

3) How do I tell Wideclient pc to run these programs (RC, AS)? When I click WideFS icon a msg in the top of window tells me that connection with Wideserver pc is working, but the window is just gray. Should anything appears there or is it just a way to tell me that I can use the wideclient pc's programs to run with FS9/FSX wideserver pc?

4) How to config these programs to run in wideclient pc? Really didn't understand manual orientation about Run1=, Run2=... If I'm not wrong what I understand by this is that if you config WideFS to run these programs starting WideFS in the wideclient pc should gets the connection with wideserver pc and automatically opens them (RC, AS).

5) If I'm wrong what wideclient pc (via WideFS) does is "just" getting a connection with wideserver pc so these programs can be run in the wideclient pc from their installation in this 2nd pc

Sorry about these questions but I think they really cover everything that matters to install and run WideFS. Unfortunately I really didn't understand some things in manual.

Thanks

Eduardo :oops: :oops: :oops: [/b][/i][/u]

BTW when I run RC in the wideclient pc how do I tell it that FS9/FSX is in another pc (wideserver pc)?

Better say, I have two pcs; in each there is FS9 installed. They were independents but I decided to buy and install WideFS so I could get better results. Do I need to uninstall FS9 in the wideclient pc or doesn't matter?

Thanks again

Eduardo :?

1) All the utilities I need to run with FS9/FSX I'd like to put in the client pc (mainly RC and ActiveSky) which I've already installed there

Good. Okay.

2) Created a WideFS desktop shortcut in the client pc

Okay.

3) How do I tell Wideclient pc to run these programs (RC, AS)?

If you want WideClient to load them for you, please check the WideFS documentation -- there's a section which tells you all about the Run and RunReady parameters.

But you should test them first.

When I click WideFS icon a msg in the top of window tells me that connection with Wideserver pc is working, but the window is just gray.

Correct. Just minimise it or hide it. Haven't you looked at the WideFS documentation at all? :-(

Should anything appears there or is it just a way to tell me that I can use the wideclient pc's programs to run with FS9/FSX wideserver pc?

ErWIDECLIENT is an "FS Eliminator". It sits in your client PCs pretending to be FS with FSUIPC running, to fool all your utilities into connecting to it. How would you run your utilities on the FS PC? You have an FS Window (with FS in it), and you run your utilities, right? Well, this is just the same!

The "gray window" of WideClient used to be used by some utilities which liked to "lock" themselves to the FS window. There's even a way to load an FS-looking Bitmap picture to make it not-gray. All this is documented you know.

Really the only use of the gray window these days would be for a button array on a touch sensitive screen, as per examples in the documentation.

You can re-shape the window to just show the menu bar, so you can see the connection. You can even tell it (via parameters in the INI file -- see the documentation ) to show the Network FS frame rate.

4) How to config these programs to run in wideclient pc?

Most will just run. Some which need databases building from FS data will have their own instructions. Have you even bothered to try RUNNING them at alll yet? Why not do that before asking all these questions?

I don't write those programs and I cannot support them. I just provide the tools and interfaces.

Really didn't understand manual orientation about Run1=, Run2=...

I've no idea what there is there to NOT understand, you just fill in what you want to run. But if you don't, then please just don't use those facilities. Do everything by hand, yourself. They are only assists to make things easier, but if they make it harder for you, don't use them. I really cannot explain better here than in the documentation, else I would have done there! (I really have never had anyone else asking such basic questions. Sorry).

If you don't understand anything in it, then just realise that you don't have to use any of the fancy features. If you want to use them you must have understood what you wanted to use them for, surely?

Please, just run Wideclient, see it connect, then run your programs. I would have thought that would have been the very first thing you would have tried! :-(

Regards

Pete

BTW when I run RC in the wideclient pc how do I tell it that FS9/FSX is in another pc (wideserver pc)?

Does it need to know?

Sorry, I don't know. This is really a question about RC, not WideFS. Can you ask there?

Better say, I have two pcs; in each there is FS9 installed. They were independents but I decided to buy and install WideFS so I could get better results. Do I need to uninstall FS9 in the wideclient pc or doesn't matter?

It probably depends on the application. It doesn't matter at all to WideFS. But if the application sees a Registry entry pointing to FS9 on the Client PC it may want to get data or stuff from there. That may be a good thing (if the data in that PC is identical to that on your Server), or a bad thing (if the data is different). But I cannot tell you. These are questions about applications which you need to direct to the application folks.

All I can say is, that if FS9 is not running but Wideclient is, they will connect via Wideclient and not try to run FS9 automatically for you, even if they used to before.

Pete

What you have to know is that Peter is very proud of his products. And he should be -- they do stuff that helps us out a lot.

But you should also know that he's a grumpy old curmudgeon, and he can't write documentation to save his life. (If it makes sense to him, then it just has to make sense to everyone, right?!)