The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC not showing up in FSX addon menu

Peter, I see the addon menu at the top of flight sim. I have FSCopilot there but no FSUIPC. The install of FSUIPC did report ok, I do have a modules folder inside FSX now, but the modules dll is version 4.0.1.5.

I have tried the V4.2 again but it is not showing.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks

Mark T

Peter, I see the addon menu at the top of flight sim. I have FSCopilot there but no FSUIPC.

Can you show me the FSUIPC4.Log please?

The install of FSUIPC did report ok, I do have a modules folder inside FSX now, but the modules dll is version 4.0.1.5.

You didn't see this note in the Announcement above then?

Note that the Properties-Version data on this build of FSUIPC4 incorrectly say it is 4.015 built on the 18th October. In fact it isn't much different, but it IS 4.02 nevertheless. The correct version number is shown in the Options, and on the Log, and provided to applications. Sorry about any confusion this may have caused. I'll make sure it is fixed in the next interim version, probably here in a day or two. Wink

Also, temporarily try removing the FSCopilot DLL and see then if the FSUIPC entry appears. Show both FSUIPC4 Logs please.

This is sounding like a bug in Simconnect's menu handling -- there was a report in the other "No Add-Ons" thread about the FSUIPC entry sometimes disappearing when FSCopilot was loaded. The gentleman changed the order of the two in the DLL.XML file and it was okay then -- but that shouldn't be needed.

I did download FSCopilot, and even FSInn, but I couldn't reproduce this problem here. Maybe you actually have to use them as well.

I'll need info so I can report it to Microsoft. Please als oreport it via tell_fs@microsoft.com when we've done a couple more tests.

Regards,

Pete

Pete, I did uninstall FScopilot and it removed the addon menu to FSX there was no FSUIPC shown in FS.

Can you tell me where I can view the logs?

The FSUIPC4.LOG file in the FSX Modules folder.

It sounds like FSUIPC4 isn't being run. There may be no LOG file there -- proof positive.

Did you install FSCopilot after FSUIPC4? Would you know if you or it copied a file called "DLL.XML" into the same folder where FSX.CFG is? If so then the install of FSCopilot has overwritten the install data for FSUIPC4 -- that's very naughty of it if so. Let me know so I can write to the authors.

To recover, re-install FSUIPC4. The FSUIPC4 installer ADDS itself to the DLL.XML file, it doesn't replace the file, so it retains any other installed DLLs.

Pete

Pete, I looked in the modules folder, there is no log file there.

I now uninstalled the fscopilot & fsinn programs. I tried to reinstall FSUIPC, it said the install went ok. I checked again inside the modules folder but there still is no log.

I did find a dll.xml file in the FSX.cfg file. Here is what it says:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>

-

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

-

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

-

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

-

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

Let me know if you need any other info

Mark T

Chicago

Pete, I looked in the modules folder, there is no log file there.

Okay, so FSUIPC4 definitely hasn't run.

I now uninstalled the fscopilot & fsinn programs. I tried to reinstall FSUIPC, it said the install went ok. I checked again inside the modules folder but there still is no log.

There won't be a log file just because you install. Did you also run FSX? FSUIPC4 makes the Log file when it is started, and it records the menu addition (at least since version 4.02).

Please confirm you did actually run FSX after installing FSUIPC4?

I did find a dll.xml file in the FSX.cfg file. Here is what it says

There's no FSUIPC4 entry there, which is why it isn't loading. However, there is also no FSCopilot entry there, so FSCopilot can't be loading eithereither that or you are looking in the wrong folder.

There's nothing in that DLL.XML file that's any use to you at all UNLESS you have installed the FSX SDK and need to use any of the SDK tools this runs. Please either delete it or rename it ("olddll.xml" say) then try installing FSUIPC4 again. If you don't see a new DLL.XML file then I think you are looking in the wrong place. Please tell me the path in that case.

Regards

Pete