The simFlight Network Forums
Husain

MyTraffic X Installation Instructions

Friends,

Please find attached a pdf file containing detailed installation instructions for MyTraffic X.

NOTE: This file only applies to version 5.0 and 5.0a. For all later versions, refer to the documentation that comes with that version. Version 5.1 has many differences to version 5.0.

For installation of the traffic toolbox, please note this has nothing to do with MyTraffic and is part of FSX SDK. The best writeup how to install the traffic toolbox is the manual of the FSX SDK.

MyTraffic X Installation Instructions.zip

Many thanks Husain. Now it is clear what I have to do.

Is it possible to have something similar for MyTraffic 5.0a update? Possibly here at the top, attached to the same message?

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Andrea

Just wait a day or three, because the a0 update will be replaced rather soon by one with some more features :) .

Edit 11.14.07:

Attn, please note, above installation instructions are slightly outdated by now. They will be replaced in due course. Please refer to the manuals included with the software for the moment being.

For the AI traffic itself, 'install.htm' under MyTraffic\manuals is the reference.

Making the MS TrafficToolbox work

To use the MS Tools (Toolbox), FSX Professional and a FSX SDK installation are a pre-requisite. The FSX SDKs are located on FSX Professional DVD_1 ---> SDK folder.

The most important detail to use the MS Toolbox: The FSX SDKs need to be in sync with the FSX version you're using.

For those with FSX SP1, this FSX SDK update is required first (FSX SDK SP1a):

http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pagepdate.aspx

For FSX SP2 Standalone (non-Acceleration), please download and install the following SDK SP2 update in addition to SDK SP1a:

http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pagepdate.aspx

For FSX SP2/Acceleration, after installing the SDKs from FSX Deluxe DVD_1, install FSX SDK SP1a contained on Xpack DVD. Thereafter, install SDK.msi from the same SDK folder.

Note: You will be prompted to insert FSX DVD_1 when updating the SDKs

Once the FSX SDKs are sorted, a small dll.xml edit is required. Open the dll.xml with (for example) MS Notepad and look for the Traffic Toolbox line. Then change the highlighted items

From

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

To

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

The paths to the fsx.cfg/dll.xml are:

Win XP - C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

Windows Vista - C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Alternatively, you can punch the following line into the Windows/Start --> 'Run' command:

%appdata%\Microsoft\FSX

(Copy and paste above command into your 'Run' command)

Bootnote:

In case you don't use default directories for FSX, the SDK lines must be commented: For example:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

End of edit

You're da man, Husain. Outstanding effort!

Kind regards

Jaap

I thought that users might need to manually rename default traffic file to disable, but it appears this is automatically done during installation.

Highflyer

Yes, that is done during installation, and it is one of the first things done. Of course it requires that the user has the right to rename, so if some write protection or user rights apply this may not happen.

Hi...

can you tell me how My Traffic live works after the installation? is it using an internet connection and downloading the datas ? Must I pay for it and must I be registered for it? Didn´t find any answers in tfm and if I tried to download or subscribe to it there is an error message.

Where can I get the ANFS.exe ?

Saheike :roll:

Ah, you must have the new Communicator, how could you find it else? Why do you worry me?

This will be what was formerly called FSLive Platinum before. Based on a subscription to the FAA data through AirNavSystems. Is under final test and will be available very soon. It will require another update 50b to switch from FS9 TDBB to FSX TDBB, not clear if the ANFS.exe can be included in there or will be another small download - patience please :)

And here too...

Please install DotNet1.1 (+ the SP) prior to DotNet2 case you don't have any of MS' DotNet packages installed.

AFAIK, it's NOT a good idea to install DotNet1.1 on top of DotNet2. In the worst cases, this apparently can necessitate a re-install of the OS. So, beware please... ;-)

Hope this adds to thoughts, kind regards

Jaap

but I never reinstall my OS. I only copy the older one to my boot partition and here we go....

I am now using .NET 3 as pre and it seems to work with it too...

Saheike

Should do so, otherwise MS would have the problem that ALL programs programmed with Visual Studio 8, VB8.0, VC*,VC++,VJ++ would not run under Vista. But thanks again for the finding.

Here is my DLL file -- is it correct to get traffic toolbox to run?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

<Traffic Toolbox

False

False

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

A simple check to test if an xml file is correct is to make a double click onto it - Internet explorer will tell you.

Here it tells us that the line

<Traffic Toolbox

is wronf, there is one leading < too much.

But there is no need to change it for accpack, it is the same syntax from RTM on. But AccPack is not FSX SP2, so you do need the SDK from AccPack and not the SDK from SP2, maybe that is the reason for it not to show up?

Ok.

Thank you. I do not have Acceleration for FSX; just the professional one. Can you please adjust my DLL file and send it back to me so my traffic toolbox will work since it is currently telling you I have an error with my dll toolbox file.

Thanks-

Just remove the first < in the line I show above. Number of left brackets must be equal to number of right brackets.

Please note that all installation discussions until here apply to earlier versions only, or if you do not have Dot Net 2.0 installed. With MyTraffic X 5.1b, the Communicator guides you through the manual part of the installation.

Hello,

i´ve purchased this great add-on a couple of days ago. It´s beeing said that the older version of MT2006 is also included. I have the 700MB file here but haven´t installed FSX. So i´ve tried to install the package into the FS9 install folder. What else do I have to do to activate the FS9 Compatibility if there is any? Thank you!

Hi Sascha,

The FS9 version is a separate and smaller download, MyTraffic X will crash FS9. Depending on your definition of a couple of days, you should be able to download both versions. Please check-in at the store again.

Hope this helps, kind regards

Jaap

Hi,

My issue is I have tried everything I have read on your posts about trying to fix my toolbox, and so far nothing is working.My system information is as foll9ows:

I am using Windows XP with SP2.

I am using FSX Deluxe version with , FSX SP2, and do not have the Acceleration pack in the default directory.

I have installed MyTraffic FSX installation using default paths and locations.

The Version of MyTraffic (simMarket Edition) I am using is 5.1

The first peice of advice I need form you is how to upload the xml.dll file you will probably need to see what I have done wrong. I know this sounds foolish, but I have 4 .dll files. I don't know if this is right or not.

I have uploaded the dll files on my computer plus the one I think is the dll.xml file. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

If you are running versin 5.1b, you can use MyTraffic Communicator to dispülay the dll.xml, and it will find the one FSX uses. Otherwise, type in %appadata%/Microsoft/FSX and it will shoy you the right location.

To show us you dll.xml, just edit it in notepad and copy and paste it into your reply.

Since you are using FSX SP2, you must have FSX SDK SP2 installed too, any other SDK will not work.