The simFlight Network Forums

Wiered Problem

I have no idea rather it connects to FSUIPC or not but I built a program and while its running all the red text bars (like: Pause text, Parking brakes, SHIFT + Z bar, Sounds off etc) just doesn't show.

Sorry, no idea. FSUIPC wouldn't know how to stop those, but there are parameters in your FS CFG file to stop them. Otherwise it sounds likely that you are somehow preventing access to the fonts used.

Pete

I have no idea rather it connects to FSUIPC or not but I built a program and while its running all the red text bars (like: Pause text, Parking brakes, SHIFT + Z bar, Sounds off etc) just doesn't show.

Sorry, no idea. FSUIPC wouldn't know how to stop those, but there are parameters in your FS CFG file to stop them. Otherwise it sounds likely that you are somehow preventing access to the fonts used.

Pete

Hey Pete,

Thanks for the response, Any idea what the parameters in the CFG file are called?

thanks.

Thanks for the response, Any idea what the parameters in the CFG file are called?

In FS9 I think it is something like "HideInfoText=1". There's also "show_brake_message=0" in the [sim] section I think.

In FSX there are about half a dozen different parameters for different message types.

Regards

Pete

Pete

If I doesn't even see a red background behind where the text suppose to appear, is it still can be connected to the fonts?

If yes, any idea how I could make it without meaning? :?

If I doesn't even see a red background behind where the text suppose to appear, is it still can be connected to the fonts?

What red background? The text appears in red over whatever's there.

I'm sorry, I really have no idea how your program is doing this. What does it do? Is is related to FS or not? Why are you running it with FS? If it is using FSUIPC and writing to unknown parts of FS it could do any sorts of damage.

Perhaps you should say more about your program which is causing this? All you've told me so far is "I built a program and while its running all the red text bars (like: Pause text, Parking brakes, SHIFT + Z bar, Sounds off etc) just doesn't show. ". Don't you think you ought to start dissecting your program to see what it is your are doing to cause this to happen? Maybe it is doing something you didn't intend?

Pete

What red background? The text appears in red over whatever's there.

I'm sorry, I really have no idea how your program is doing this. What does it do? Is is related to FS or not? Why are you running it with FS? If it is using FSUIPC and writing to unknown parts of FS it could do any sorts of damage.

Perhaps you should say more about your program which is causing this? All you've told me so far is "I built a program and while its running all the red text bars (like: Pause text, Parking brakes, SHIFT + Z bar, Sounds off etc) just doesn't show. ". Don't you think you ought to start dissecting your program to see what it is your are doing to cause this to happen? Maybe it is doing something you didn't intend?

Pete

Hey,

Pete, for your question, yes my program is related to FS and does communicate with FS with FSUIPC, I didnt thought that it worth to be mentioned as I do write in FS Modules forum...

I dont belive its somthing in my code that has to do with it, anyway while im waiting for an answer here I simultaneously examine my code of course. I just thought it will be more simple than that.

Thanks again!

Omer.

I dont belive its somthing in my code that has to do with it

If it only happens when you run your program, how could it be anything else?

If you are writing stuff to FSUIPC and want me to check any of it, enable IPC write logging and show me the log. Then maybe try a binary-chop search on your program -- i.e. eliminate half the things it does and narrow it down that way.

Regards

Pete

I dont belive its somthing in my code that has to do with it

If it only happens when you run your program, how could it be anything else?

If you are writing stuff to FSUIPC and want me to check any of it, enable IPC write logging and show me the log. Then maybe try a binary-chop search on your program -- i.e. eliminate half the things it does and narrow it down that way.

Regards

Pete

The problem doesn't occur anymore as I replaced the FLT file that my program loads, so it's probebly something in the FLT file.

Thanks.

Another issue:

The offset "Engine stops when out of fuel (<= FS2000 only)" (Addr. 033C)

as I understand - support FS2000 and down only.

Is there any other offset that I may use to read and write that same data?

Thanks!

No, sorry. It was never easily accessible, and I'm not going to start hacking into FS2004 now.

Regards

Pete

No, sorry. It was never easily accessible, and I'm not going to start hacking into FS2004 now.

Regards

Pete

Ok thanks.

Anyway the first issue just came back at me. I noticed it only appears when the flight simulator is not already open.

My program after a few steps open the flight simulator by her self by using the Shell command:

"D:\flight simulator 9\fs9.exe" /flt: d:\aitflight.flt

I tried using the same Shell command using the Run input line in the Start menu and there were no problems. Meaning it does something to do with my program after all.

Pete, You said earlier something about preventing access the fonts, my program uses simply the Arial font.

Thanks in advance.

Omer.

Anyway the first issue just came back at me. I noticed it only appears when the flight simulator is not already open.

My program after a few steps open the flight simulator by her self by using the Shell command:

"D:\flight simulator 9\fs9.exe" /flt: d:\aitflight.flt

I tried using the same Shell command using the Run input line in the Start menu and there were no problems. Meaning it does something to do with my program after all.

It's going to be a process of elimination then -- commenting out different parts of what your program does to FS till you find the culprit.

I caould only help by seeing what you WRITE to in FSUIPC offsets. Possibly you are writing to some undocumented and unknown place in FS, maybe a wrong offset or more likely a wrong length. I did suggest such a thing earlier on if you read back. Use the FSUIPC IPC Write logging and check each write against the offsets list.

You said earlier something about preventing access the fonts, my program uses simply the Arial font.

It would be nothing to do with any fonts your program uses. The displays in FS are graphics fonts generated for use in Direct3D modes.

If it only happens when your program is running it is pretty sure to be because you are writing to someplace in FS you shouldn't be.

Regards

Pete