The simFlight Network Forums

Pete, I really need your help

Hi, here is what my problem is Pete. I am using your module 4.7 version, and I want to set my CH Flight sim Yoke with the three levers I have on top right being as one set (four engines) to operate the left side jets for 1 of the three levers I have and make the right side jets for the second lever I have and have the last lever as speedbrake lever to go in increments first to arm and then to move depending how much air braking I need.

I read your Instructional manual, and for goodness sakes you have it so completely detailed you got me totally lost.

Can you simplify all this and show via picture step by step how to do it for the four engine, and three engine and two engine???????

I was so blown away at the terminology being used I got brain burn out and red eyes out of it, just trying to digest it all into my of course daft head and as each sentence I was reading it changed topics to this and that as you describe its functions etc (very informative shall I say, and then back to how set it up and then to another description and then back to how to etc etc.

I am not using CH Products manager. I understand there is a conflict between yours and theirs. To me FSUIPC by far has been the best thing that ever happenned doing flight sim.

I just cannot get the hang of this instructional wise, :shock: and how and what I have to do as of the settings provided by MS, to reduce jitter and more smoother processing. I also have Pro Pedals which do the yaw, brakes and rudder. If need be, you can tell me to have more caffeine to stimulate the brain to read, but I guess it doesn't want to do after working on the planes all day. :roll:

Believe it or not, I am a mechanic for the airlines but not the same smarts for home computer simming programming. Two different issues so to speak.

So I pray that you can somehow send me some simplified instructions on how to set it up via the quickie version.

thanks

Chan Rak

Can you simplify all this and show via picture step by step how to do it for the four engine, and three engine and two engine???????

Sorry, no. If I could do I would have.

I was so blown away at the terminology being used

Terminology? It's in English, using English words relating to flight sim and joysticks. no more.

Maybe there are some teachers here who can explain in mono-syllabic words, but I am very sorry, I am not one. The manual has been fully understood by thousands over the past seven years, and is surely far far easier than learning how to fly an aircraft! :-(

Anyway, I can certainly try to answer specific questions, but sorry, I really cannot respond positively to blatant accusations of providing unintelligible documentation and being asked to re-write it. If this is all you bought it for why didn't you read it first, then you'd have known to use the CH control manager instead.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, this is Dave if you recall. I have written to you in the past. Anyway, no it is not an accusation. Actually you have come a long way on your program, and its advancement of its capabilities have me in awe.

It is just that I got lost. I thought there was a simple say 10 step process of what to do just to get such 4 engine set up, on this particular yoke, and if there are any instructions to prevent conflict between MS config vs fsuipc config regarding this particular yoke throttle config.

Anyway I take it as there is no simple way of doing it quickly. So I guess I will have to get that manual jot down the steps in writing, and do the trial and error and hopefully figure it out.

thanks for answering the thread. take care

Chan Rak

It is just that I got lost. I thought there was a simple say 10 step process of what to do just to get such 4 engine set up, on this particular yoke, and if there are any instructions to prevent conflict between MS config vs fsuipc config regarding this particular yoke throttle config.

I don't really know how to answer that. Sorry. I can answer specific questions. If you've got a conflict, tell me about it and we'll sort it out, but you seem to assume there will be some problem when I can't see why there would be. If you've not even tried to do anything yet, then how do you know what is easy, what is difficult and what conflicts, if any, there may be?

If we are simply talking about calibrating a few levers to work in FS, then where does "conflict" come in? Just get them working in FS first then refine the calibration in FSUYIPC following the numbered steps in the calibration section.

Please do not bother yourself with the Axis Assignments. That's for cockpit builders who know what they want to do. All the thingss you are likely to want to do are (a) dealt with mostly by FS, and (b) refined a little by FSUIPC, if you like, and optionally.

You can ghave different arrangements in FSUIPC for different aircraft, but just do one thing at a time. Make a aircraft-spercific arrangements AFTER you have the main setup sorted.

Anyway I take it as there is no simple way of doing it quickly.

Doing what, exactly, quickly? You started off with a book full of wants. Just separate off what you want to do and do one of them first. Why start off making everything so complicated? You are only assigning axes (in FS), testing them and making sure they work there, then optionally calibrating them in FSUIPC.

In FSUIPC if you then want to allocate one throttle lever (for engine 1) to Engines 1 & 2 and another lever (engine 2) for engines 3 and 4, there's one button labelled such to press. Same for three engines using two throttle levers.

I can answer specific questions, but I am not going to write a manual. Sorry.

Regards

Pete

In FSUIPC if you then want to allocate one throttle lever (for engine 1) to Engines 1 & 2 and another lever (engine 2) for engines 3 and 4, there's one button labelled such to press. Same for three engines using two throttle levers.

The last paragraph Pete was exactly of what I am trying to do. This is where I am lost

Chan

The last paragraph Pete was exactly of what I am trying to do. This is where I am lost

And where, exactly, in the User Guide are you finding that paragraph? It in't IN the User Guide!! Why don't you refer to the User Guide -- it is part of the package supplied with FSUIPC and it is your main reference!

If you look up Joystick Calbration in the User Guide, which is what you should have done in the first place, then following the numbered steps for proper calibration (steps 1 to 11, including pictures of the slopes options) there are a series of bulleted OPTIONS you can apply. The two you are interested in are in two of those bulleted options. How come you didn't find them? The idea of bulleting things is so you can skim the first few words to find applicable entries. Surely the very words "If you have twin throttle levers ..." at the beginning of one would have caught your eye, if you'd actually looked?

Every option in FSUIPC's option dialogues has a section or paragraph explaining it, and, on the whole, I think the layout follows a logical order. You should calibrate then apply the options. This is why the calibration steps are there, followed by individual instructions on each option you may want to apply.

PLEASE do refer to the User Guide. I don't understand why you are quoting out of some different document altogether. Your quote above sounds like something from a list of features, not the guide!!!

:-(

Pete