The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4 ERROR ON INSTALL

Hi Pete

I am trying to install the latest verson of FSUIPC 4.03 and am getting error msg

" your FSX installation is incorrect, the version of simconnect installed does not match FSX.EXE, yo may need to execute Simmconnect.msi to rectify this first"

Apart from deinstall and reinstall FSX i havent done anything else to machine, any ideas at all?

Regards Paul

" your FSX installation is incorrect, the version of simconnect installed does not match FSX.EXE, yo may need to execute Simmconnect.msi to rectify this first"

Apart from deinstall and reinstall FSX i havent done anything else to machine, any ideas at all?

Why did you uninstall and re-install FSX? Sounds like something went wrong.

That message happens if either SimConnect is not installed, or the wrong version is installed. If this is the case then FSUIPC4 could not operate (nor could any other Simconnect client) even if the Installer did continue.

There's been one reported incidence before of the FSX install not installing simConnect correctly. The user got that sorted eventually by contacting MS tech support and getting detailed instrcutions for a manual install. It can be done that was but it is messy.

First, do a search in your Windows folder for "Simconnect.dll" -- make sure you tell Explorer's search to look in hidden and system files/folders too. It should be found in a folder lke this:

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

If it isn't, then the FSX install went wrong. You'll need to find the SimConnect.msi file on your FSX DVDs and execute it to install SimConnect properly.

Regards

Pete

Fixed it, yes FSX crashed during install, the simconnect file was there, but for some reason, not being recognised

I think it probably needs registering with Windows somehow as well as simply "being there".

... i deleted folder and ran the MSI file again, worked this time and FSuipc installed ok.

Good. Thanks for letting me know.

Regards

Pete

On another note with simconnect, i have tried various add ons and it seems that any more than 1 causes FSX to CTD?

It does seem to, but as far as I know only if one of them (at least) comes up with the Security warning which you have to respond to. The folks who reproduced this said it was okay once the product(s) were approved.

If you tell Windows that programs from me are trusted then it won't ask again about FSUIPC, even after an upgrade. That's why I purchased a proper software publisher's Certificate and sign my code.

Also, we found that if the initialisation of the SimConnect data infterface is delayed until SimConnect signals that the Sim has "Started", the crashes don't occur. This is why I changed FSUIPC to do just that. The original reporters said that fixed it with FSUIPC plus their program, but whether it is the same with all systems and all programs is another matter. What two programs are you having trouble with?

I know you you have another post with another developer on forum, has Microsoft acknowledged yet or is there a fix around?.

Microsoft have been told, and they know of the work-around I implemented. They've not acknowledged any of the bugs we reported yet, except the one where Multiplayer kills the data being supplied by SimConnect. I think they are rather overloaded with it all at present.

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
Cheers Pete

Fixed it, yes FSX crashed during install, the simconnect file was there, but for some reason, not being recognised, so i deleted folder and ran the MSI file again, worked this time and FSuipc installed ok.

Paul

Thanks for this tip. I have had the same problem regarding my re-install of MSFSX. Once I read this thread I promptly deleted the mentioned folder and ran the MSI file as recommended. Worked perfect. No problems since then. Thanks. By the way, this is another good reason to read as many forum threads pertaining to whatever problem you may have. Someone, somewhere else has probably had the same situation happen to them. Once you read enough of the comments and suggestions, someone always comes up with a 'fix' that will help you along. I only wish I could help as much as I seem to need help.