The simFlight Network Forums

Mini Pauses in pmRJ

Hi Pete,

Thought it best to get this into it's own post. Continued from: "FSUIPC 4.03 and GFDevFSX problem" post.

FSX

FSUIPC: 4.04

WideFS: 6.71

Here's the info you requested:

From PM option screen:

GC Frame Rate: 90

FS Data Rate: 11

FS Frame Rate: 24

WideClient Log:

********* WideClient Log [version 6.71] Class=FS98MAIN *********

Date (dmy): 11/11/06, Time 18:56:03.882: Client name is PMRJCLIENT

210 Attempting to connect now

15412 Server = SIMSERVER

15422 Trying TCP/IP host "SIMSERVER" port 8002 ...

15422Okay, IP Address = 192.168.1.20

15422 Connection made okay!

16573 d:\pmRJ

16573 d:\pmRJ\pmRJ.exe

22923 New Client Application: "pmRJ" (Id=856)

749237 ****** End of session performance summary ******

749237 Total time connected = 733 seconds

749237 Reception maximum: 27 frames/sec, 5837 bytes/sec

749237 Reception average whilst connected: 23 frames/sec, 3431 bytes/sec

749237 Transmission maximum: 2 frames/sec, 1038 bytes/sec

749237 Transmission average whilst connected: 0 frames/sec, 19 bytes/sec

749237 Max receive buffer = 1472, Max send depth = 2, Send frames lost = 0

749237 **************** Individual client application activity ****************

749237 Client 856 requests: 30395 (Ave 41/sec), Data: 104787878 bytes (142957/sec), Average 3447 bytes/Process

749237 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 3, Alloc 34417 Freed 34417 Refused 0) *********

Do you see any problems?

Regards,

Richard

GC Frame Rate: 90

FS Data Rate: 11

FS Frame Rate: 24

Not sure why PM's program is seeing a data rate of only 11 when the FS rate is 24 and:

749237 Reception maximum: 27 frames/sec, 5837 bytes/sec

749237 Reception average whilst connected: 23 frames/sec, 3431

The WideFS frame rate AVERAGES 23, which is excellent for FSX.

I would be suspicious of the balance in the PM program between its video updating (90 fps?) and its perceived data changes (11 fps). Why on Earth is it updating the video screen 8 times more often than the data which it is displaying is seen changing (by it)?

You need to use the PM support channels to find out how to balance that a bit better I think. It looks like it is spending so much time re-drawing the same data that it isn't reading the incoming changes fast enough.

Do you see any problems?

None at all with WideFS. Over to PM now I think.

Regards

Pete

I did notice one issue when I ran PMFileChecker38. It's reporting WideServer as version .704 and WideClient 6.71 then indicating a WideServer/WideClient mismatch.

The correct numbers are 7.04 and 6.71. Is it getting the decimal point in the wrong place? I'll check that here.....

No, it certainly should see it as 7.04, not .704.

Apart from that, since the Version 6 Wideclient will always be used with the Version 6 or 7 Server, maybe Enrico needs to take the mismatch comment itself out. On FSX the Server code is part of FSUIPC4, so its number willl reflect that of its host code, even if the actual Server part doesn't change. It is too intricately related to not change the number.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

While I'm waiting for Enrico to check the pmRJ, I have another question.

What controls the FS Data rate numbers that you see when pressing Cntl+O in the PMGC software?

Is that value contolled by the PMGC software or is it by-product of the network?

I have tried adding and changing some of the setting in WideServer but none have affected the number. It stays around 11.

Regards,

Richard

What controls the FS Data rate numbers that you see when pressing Cntl+O in the PMGC software?

Is that value contolled by the PMGC software or is it by-product of the network?

I don't really know, but I should think it is how often the PM software sees a data update. Since that depends upon two things --

-- how often the PM software manages to read it, and

-- how often WideClient gets updates from WideServer

it isn't easy to say what controls it. The frame rate from WideServer is normally dependent solely on the FS frame rate, and usually equals it, or quite close.

Regards

Pete