The simFlight Network Forums

Glacier Bay v2 Beta images: "generic" airfields

Hi all,

well, it's time for a few preview shots of Glacier Bay v2 airfields :wink:

Several of the major airfields in the area are being developed with custom models by our talented team members. You've seen Michael's PAYA screenshots in the "upcoming projects" thread and others will be posted soon.

We didn't have sufficent resources to model all airfields in the large project area but I didn't want to leave them in their boring and inaccurate default state either. With the help of Google Earth (for AFCAD and building placement), photographs, and existing and new model libraries I tried to give Haines (PAHN), Hoonah (PAOH), Gustavus (PAGS), and Atlin (CYSQ) as much character and realism as possible.

Big thank-you to the makers of the excellent model libraries: Larry Silsbee, Jon Patch, Dennis Waggoner, Lars Hoyer, Bill Womack, Robert Finnegan, Jordan Moore, Joerg Dannenberg, and others. Note that the AI in the screenshots are partially made up of the payware HTAI Cessna package; the flightplans we'll include will use default aircraft only.

Cheers, Holger

Three shots of Atlin http://www.alaska.faa.gov/fai/images/CANADA/CYSQ-a.jpg plus three shots of Haines http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haines_Airport :

post-7750-128689476937_thumb.jpg

post-7750-12868947695_thumb.jpg

post-7750-128689476958_thumb.jpg

post-7750-128689476968_thumb.jpg

post-7750-128689476982_thumb.jpg

post-7750-128689476992_thumb.jpg

Looking great - can hardly wait :D

Is there any chance of this being out for Christmas, Holger, please say yes :)

(Seriously, whenever it comes out will be well worth the wait and I know it's unfair to ask as this is freeware, but I guess you can understand why I can't help myself :wink: )

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.