The simFlight Network Forums

How do you substitute a 3rd party AI plane for one in MTX?

macwino

Let's suppose I want to swap a World of AI plane for one used in MTX. I've read Burkhard's previous post on how to do this in fs9, but I was not clear about whether this same procedure would work in FSX since the MTX planes are no longer stored in FSX's SimObjects/Aircraft folder and have a folder of their own.

Essentially, for fs9 Burkhard said to disable the MT model you want to replace by opening the plane's cfg file and altering its title by one character, and then using the original title in the cfg of the plane you want to substitute. Sounds simple enough.

However, is this still the case when in FSX? My concern arises because a World of AI plane, for example, is stored in FSX's SimObjects/Aircraft folder while MTX's plane is stored in the MyTraffic/aircraft folder. I just want to make sure that the MT schedule (or whatever it's called) will be able to locate the World of AI plane even though it's not in the MyTraffic/Aircraft folder.

Thanks, Robert

Technically the replacement of title= entry is enough, independent on where you store.

Logically, you should be prepared for many surprises. Neither the chance of seeing it at all ist above 50%, nor that the rest still is working. Unless the AI aircrafts are redone and labelled as FSX only, do not mix FS8/9 stuff into FSX.