The simFlight Network Forums

Landclass values and texture sets

apm

Hi Burkhard,

A quick question - is there an easy way of determining which texture sets are picked out by which landclass values? I have discovered that by modifying the existing textures within FsX one can actually go quite a long way towards transforming the ghastly tawny deserts of the FsX world. The only trouble is that I have been laboriously comparing the textures within the sim by rooting through the world\texture folder. This is boring and time consuming and I feel convinced there must be another way! The advantage of modifying the existing textures is that one does not have to shuffle textures around.

Adam.

While terrain.cfg allows to find the land calls value for a given guid, it does not provide information in the other direction. It looks like again this info is stored in lclookup.bgl. On the other hand we know this isn't a one to one association, the same class can use different textures in different regions (there are 26 regions now if I'm correct), and the same texture can be used for different classes in different regions. The assumption that in Region A ( Europe) and B (North America) the same texture names are used than in FS9 is a guess that is not too unlikely.

Hi Burkhard,

Thank you for your reply to my rather brusque question - apologies for that.

I asked this question on another forum and Luis Feliz Tirado gave me the address of an excel file (of which I think he is the author) which lists all the landclass values and their associated texture sets by region: what is more it even identifies the equvialent texture sets in FSACOF - a pretty amazing piece of work! Anyway, I have included the link here in case the file is of some use to you.

The link is as follows:

http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/161153.zip

Regards,

Adam.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.