The simFlight Network Forums

My Traffic X trouble - cant seen any planes!

LNVIKING

Hello!

Two times I have installed My Traffic, and I am pretty chour I am doing the 3 steps after the automaticly installation correctly, but maybe not, because I cant seen any planes in any normal busy airports I have try. I also test the airport ETAR (RAmstein), and it was a military parking there as it should be who it was explain in the troubleshooting chapter. So please can anyone help me to get the airtraffic visual. Evry airport is empty. I have also the traffic-slider on.

If there is exactly no traffic, also no parasitic few GA aircrafts, than the following cases are known. If you have a few, please update us.

a) For some reasons the traffic bgls weren't compiled. Do you have the large files MyTrafficline.bgl etc in the MyTraffic\scenery directory? If you haven't, please double click to traffic2006.bat and let this repeat this step.

b) Traffic density is set to zero somewhere. I once had no traffic, despite the fact that all sliders where at 100%. I lowered all three, the one in the toolbox and the two in the display dialog to 0, than set them back to 100, and traffic was there.

If both does not help, please call again.

Hello again! Thank you for trying to help me, but nothing of your two chapter help me to see any aircraft.Maybe its the toolbox, because when I am flying, there is no toolbox in the heading line. I have seen picture from others and they have to right for "Help" "Tools" and last to right "Modules". Maybe you understand better now and can solve the problems for me. Maybe I should remove flightsim and MyTraffic again and reinstall and start for a new test. When i am in the My Traffic directory and click on the icon: My Traffic - Communicator, I get a error message who says; "The program been not correctly intialising (0xc0000135) Click OK to end the program". Maybe the problems is here?

Please answer me as soon as possible, is very frustraited for me to not see the air traffic. Thank You.

If there is exactly no traffic, also no parasitic few GA aircrafts, than the following cases are known. If you have a few, please update us.

a) For some reasons the traffic bgls weren't compiled. Do you have the large files MyTrafficline.bgl etc in the MyTraffic\scenery directory? If you haven't, please double click to traffic2006.bat and let this repeat this step.

b) Traffic density is set to zero somewhere. I once had no traffic, despite the fact that all sliders where at 100%. I lowered all three, the one in the toolbox and the two in the display dialog to 0, than set them back to 100, and traffic was there.

If both does not help, please call again.

NOOOO.

With FSX, neither removal of an addon nor of FSX can solve any problem, because the problems are in directories not touched by the uninstall process. Still worse, many cases exist where after uninstalling and reinstalling of FSX it does not start at all again, because of these files out of the FSX structure. Welcome to the brave new world of VISTA, where everything works perfectly, or you buy a new PC. :twisted:

If you do not see the "tools" respective "Extra" menu, it indicates that the dll.xml in your user profiles isn't OK.

So please browse to your user profile (in the run command type

%appdata%

)

browse to \Microsoft\FSX and zip the two file dll.xml and FSX.cfg and upload them here so that we can find the problem.

Isn't the 3rd installation step solely necessary to use certain, advanced features? AFAIK, only the first 2 'installation completion steps' are fundamental to obtain traffic in FSX?

If this is correct, maybe we should make the 3rd step non-mandatory? Ergo only for those who want to dig a little deeper and use advanced features like the TrafficExplorer etc. Just an idea...

Kind regards

Jaap