The simFlight Network Forums

FSX 4.05 Problem with Yaw?

BobP

Hi Peter,

I have a phenomena occurring with FSUIPC and any default aircraft. I did not notice this with 4.03.

Notice the plane flies with the right wing lowered while the autopilot is on and should be straight and normal flight. The ball slip/skid indicates rudder is required. However even with the default Lear and Yaw Damper engaged has no affect on this. It only occurs with FSUIPC installed and I can increase the affect by increasing the torque and P factor settings in the realism menu. Thanks.

Bob..

post-11962-128689479306_thumb.jpg

Notice the plane flies with the right wing lowered while the autopilot is on and should be straight and normal flight. The ball slip/skid indicates rudder is required. However even with the default Lear and Yaw Damper engaged has no affect on this. It only occurs with FSUIPC installed and I can increase the affect by increasing the torque and P factor settings in the realism menu.

Sounds like you have something set for calibration in FSUIPC4 which you shouldn't have. On A/P I should think the only thing which might possibly do what you say is aileron trim or more likely the rudder or rudder trim centering -- but you should then notice you need to compensate in normal manual flying as well. Are you using rudder pedals? Check the calibration. If the rudder is off-centre to one side the A/P will have to compensate with opposite aileron -- the A/P doesn't control the rudder, you do.

If you have been messing in the options and don't know what you've done, please simply delete your FSUIPC4.INI file and let it build a new one.

FSUIPC4 itself doesn't alter or touch any part of FSX. Anything which occurs is always through some user or application activated option or assignment. FSUIPC4 is merely the interface to enable these things.

Regards

Pete

Thank you Peter. I actually thought I had deleted the old init, as I usually follow your recommendation to do so. I could not find any settings in the calibration section changed, but the deletion of the config file fixed it. Thanks.

Bob..