The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC 4 Issues

Hello all,

First post here, for the past few weeks, I have been trying to get FSUIPC to work on my machine, but no luck. The Addon menu sometimes disapears, and when shown, clicking on FSUIPC menu does not do anything. ASV6 does not work either, It seems that I am having a simconnect issue but cannot say for sure, anyways, here is a copy of my log, I ran FSX and fired up ASV6, was flying near NYC but AS was showing me near KSEA (default). I do not have any firewall running on my PC, I also temporarily disabled my antivirus (AVG) for testing purposes....

thank you in advance for your help

Bruno

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.03 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX

Module base=61000000

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

297 System time = 21:34:57

297 FLT UNC path = "G:\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

297 FS UNC path = "G:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

2469 SimConnect_Open succeeded: proceeding to initialise interface!

21485 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.60905.0 (SimConnect: 2.0.60905.0)

209344 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY"

297578 AppKey="9G9LCNT2MDUY"

483922 System time = 21:43:01

483922 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

The Addon menu sometimes disapears, and when shown, clicking on FSUIPC menu does not do anything. ASV6 does not work either, It seems that I am having a simconnect issue but cannot say for sure, anyways, here is a copy of my log, I ran FSX and fired up ASV6, was flying near NYC but AS was showing me near KSEA (default).

It certainly sounds like Simconnect has simply stopped responding. I've had one other case only of this so far, and I was trying to get more information so I could put together a complete report for Microsoft when he decided to do a complete uninstall and re-instal of FSX -- so maybe that fixed it, or maybe he'll come back. I don't know.

Are you by any chance using any type of multiplayer facility in FSX? If so, then that is one already known reason for SimConnect stopping -- I've implemented a work around in FSUIPC (you would need to install the current version, 4.05).

Otherwise, maybe you could please go to the trouble of getting the needed information? If so, do this:

We need a SimConnect log so I can see what is happening, and then you and I can both report it to Microsoft (you via tell_fs@microsoft.com, me direct via my contacts there). And, you never know, maybe I can figure out a work-around in FSUIPC4.

To do this create a file containing these lines:

[simConnect]

level=Verbose

console=No

file=C:\SimConnect%01u.Log

file_max_index=9

The 'file' line there can place the logs wherever you like -- for simplicity I've just suggested putting them in the root of your C: drive, but adjust it to wherever you want them to go.

Save this file as Simconnect.ini in your "My Documents\flight simulator X files" folder. Then, keeping things a short as possible, reproduce the problem. Close FSX, Zip up both the Simconnect log and the FSUIPC4.LOG and send them to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

WE'll take it from there. If it does look like I can implement a work around, you'll be one of the first to get a test copy!

Thanks & Regards

Pete

Thank you Peter, I will turn on the logging for Simconnect. I coudl not get multiplayer to connect until I killed all the antivirus processes (AVG)...

Erplease hold on a moment then. Are you saying you ARE using multiplayer, and the problems occur after you've enabled multiplayer? If you are saying this, then, as I said, this is a known SimConnect bug, reproduced by Microsoft, and there is a work-around implemented in FSUIPC4. Download version 4.05, the current version.

If you are NOT actually saying that you are using multiplayer when the problem occurs, or not before that in the same session at all, then, yes, please go ahead and get some logs.

The same applies of course if the work-around in 4.05 doesn't fix it.

Regards

Pete

I will turn on the logging for Simconnect.I will get back to you shortly.

Thanks for the logs.

The main problem seems to be another Add-On you have, "bglmanx.dll", which adds a "Addon Manager X" entry to the menu. It seems to clobber SimConnect good and proper.

Try renaming that (it looks like it is in your main FSX folder). If everything then works okay then you have another case of the symptoms caused by having more than one SimConnect client.

Also, it looks like that bglmanx.dll is keeping SimConnect constantly occupied with very repetitive action, very frequently asking it the very same question.

FSUIPC4 is not getting anything from SimConnect at all and in fact is unable to proceed. It looks like it never gets any acknowledgement of its requests, let alone a log of them.

Please forward this stuff to Microsoft with your own descriptions of the problems, and the AVG stuff. send to tell_fs@microsoft.com, and be sure to include the word "SimConnect" in the title. Don't expect a reply.

Meanwhile, please also contact whoever supplied "bglmanx.dll" (which I've not heard of at all) and show them the larger SimConnect log, because it certainly looks pretty bad.

The only other advice I would give at present it to completely uninstall AVG, for now at least, to see if that alleviates the problem. even with these things apparently disabled, their hooks are still there, and this looks to be a problem with SimConnect at present.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm still here! I did not do the FSX re-install. I thought correcting my FSUIPC/WideFS issue ( remember the flogging :-) ), might have fixed my Add-on box vanishing act. It hasn't. It just disappeared a few minutes ago.

As soon as I finish this post I'll be working on that SimConnect log file for you.

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to be sure the problem was still there.

Regards,

Richard