The simFlight Network Forums

Please Help

I've tried the forums at FS Commander but I thought I might get more help with the Module. I bought a boxed version of FS Comander 7, patched, followed the instructions and updated to the latest release of FSUIPC. When I click (FS Commander) to connect to FS9 I get jerky movements in the sim. This is full screen mode. I tried what THEY said about using FS9 in windowed mode but I can"t get that to work. FS9 stops responding when I switch back and forth, then crashes. Runtime error 5 was the last I saw. I use ActiveSky, FS autostart. Here's my system.

AMD FX60dual

ATI X1900XTX crossfire mode

2G ram

I've tried the forums at FS Commander but I thought I might get more help with the Module. I bought a boxed version of FS Comander 7, patched, followed the instructions and updated to the latest release of FSUIPC. When I click (FS Commander) to connect to FS9 I get jerky movements in the sim. This is full screen mode.

I don't know FS Commander, but isn't it some sort of moving map and so on? How do you use that with FS in full screen mode on the same PC?

From the little I've heard, I would have thought FS Commander was more suited to running on a networked PC using WideFS?

I tried what THEY said about using FS9 in windowed mode but I can"t get that to work. FS9 stops responding when I switch back and forth, then crashes.

The original FS9 release used to do that, but I think most of the bugs that caused it were fixed in the FS9.1 update. Are you using the original version?

Otherwise such crashes tend to be related to video driver problems. Try different drivers, or different settings in the drivers and/or FS9.

Runtime error 5 was the last I saw. I use ActiveSky, FS autostart.

All on the one PC? I know it is quite a powerful one, but still ...

Run-time error 5 sounds like a Visual Basic type of error message -- which program gave that? Surely not FS.

Isn't FS Autostart the program which automatically stops a number of "inessential" processes for you before launching FS? Do you think it may be stopping something it really shouldn't in this case? I'd try a process of elimination on that if I were you.

Regards

Pete