The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Modification of FSX airports using AFCAD2

Hi Burhard

I hope you and other forum members like the stuff. Please send me your comments how I can improve or alter things

Where can I download the update you did make?

Exactly,

http://www.fsrail.com\X2AF2X.zip

I also tested that the taxiway signs are propagated az least on the airport I tested, so in case of problems please show up, and in case of no problems please send the airports :lol:

About the only problem I have noticed is that something odd is happening with ILS settings. I located and opened the file for EGDM (Boscombe Down) and did some editing. I added ILS with markers. When I recomposed the file and combined with FSX data I had my new ILS system, plus part of the original FSX system on a different ID. I'm not sure why this happened or how to fix it...

Some of the frequencies of a type that is not supported in FS9 are written to the side part, and included back. Do not know if this is the answer, what exactly do you mean with on a different ID?

I had created new ILS for the main runway, with ID ILAW for example.. and when I recombined for the new XML file I had acquired an additional ILS for that runway with ID IL16 or something.. and both were now showing up in game for the same runway.

So.. I may be able to edit that info out of the newly created XML.. I think I tried this and got an error.. wil have to experiment I suppose.

Yes, I assume you check this in the code easier than using the tool. It even may be better that, if the final airport got compiled, you decompile it again to be sure what FSX has seen.

This is 18 months old by now, which is 3 Generations of Software. Now there are other tools on the market, but I can try to find it if you still need it.

Hi,

Actually, what I want is to change the tower view in some airports. I don't intend to go beyond it. What would you suggest?

Regards,

Marconi

Use BglAnalyse X by Manfred Orthman to decompile the files and change the coordiantes by hand, then compile using FSX SDK - now you know what you are doing, and it is way faster then any GUI handling.