The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS Request

Would it be possible to modify WideFS (running 6.71 for FS9) so that there is an option to reduce it to the lower right corner (by the clock) rather than having it reside on the Windows task bar?

Well, I suppose it must be possible, as other programs do it. I have no idea how at present, but I could no doubt look it up. But it seems odd to receive this for the first time after over seven years of WideClient availability and use.

You do know you can have it totally invisible, don't you? Just set "Visible=No" in the [Config] section. Is there a particular reason for your request? What would you do with its "mini-icon" in the corner?

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Not so interested in the mini-icon as I am the house-keeping issue of getting it off the taskbar. Most programs that run as background tasks and have no need for access/user input reside by the clock. If I make it invisible, which is a great idea, I'm assuming I'd need to use Task Manager to shut it down, correct? That would be fine, if it removed it from the task bar.

Thanks! Happy holidays.

If I make it invisible, which is a great idea, I'm assuming I'd need to use Task Manager to shut it down, correct?

Yes, if you ever need to. On some of my clients the WideClient.EXE is started automatically (from a shortcut in StartUp), and I use the RunReady and CloseReady parameters for the actual client programs. Basically, WideClient is running for the whole time those PCs are on, but the Apps only run when FS is running.

That would be fine, if it removed it from the task bar.

Good.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Pete,

I know how you feel about VB :D But uhm, I also know that you do semi understand the code...

A nice example on how to do this with .NET... http://www.codearchive.com/dl.php?dlid=1350

Hopefully, it's helpful; A feature like this would indeed, be very nice!

PS: Is the offset list up to date in the FSUIPC For Programmers.doc ? If not, where's the best place to get a complete list? Just wondering!

-_

Chris

A feature like this would indeed, be very nice!

Why?

I hate the number of things that go into that tray. Why would you need one for WideClient? Isn't completely invisible enough? after all there are no popup menus of things to change. Nothing at all.

PS: Is the offset list up to date in the FSUIPC For Programmers.doc ? If not, where's the best place to get a complete list? Just wondering!

The offsets list is as up to date as it says in the title -- there's an FSUIPC Version number there. If there are any changes since then they'll be listed in the History document for the specific releases.

For interim releases downloaded from the Announcements in this Forum, the notes in the download announcement will cover any changes.

For FSX there's an updated document in the FSX downloads announcement, along with an updated FSI file for FSInterrogate which is okay for FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4.

Regards

Pete