The simFlight Network Forums

Timer/Stopwatch and Radio 8.33KHz channel spacing

Dear All,

Please allow me to submit two distinct questions:

1) Is there a way to control the stopwatch/timer of certain FS2004 standard planes with FSUIPC 3.71 (for instance in the Cessna 172)?

2) Is there a way to simulate the radio 8.33Khz channel spacing with FS2004, and how could that be achieved with FSUIPC?

Thank you for any feedback.

Sincerely,

Tagada

1) Is there a way to control the stopwatch/timer of certain FS2004 standard planes with FSUIPC 3.71 (for instance in the Cessna 172)?

Isn't that one of those gauges which is only mouse-controlled? If there are keyboard short-cuts (and therefore FS controls) for it, then, yes, of course, because you can send any FS controls through FSUIPC.

If it can only be controlled by mouseclicks then you'd need something like Luciano Napolitano's Key2Mouse program. Then you'd use FSUIPC controls to send the keystrokes to control the mouseclicks.

2) Is there a way to simulate the radio 8.33Khz channel spacing with FS2004, and how could that be achieved with FSUIPC?

Of course you could write a gauge or a program to do anything you like, but how are you generating the actual ground stations which use this system? Have you checked whether you can compile new scenery files to operate such stations?

Regards

Pete

Thank you for the reply.

It is clear that there is no point in simulating the 8.33KHz spacing.

I have checked Luciano Napolitano's key2mouse which seems great but is payware (I have no problem with this myself, but this limitation might prove too great for others.)

I have found this freeware alternative: http://www.autohotkey.com/ . I'll comment on its usability with FS2004 as soon as I will have tried it.

Sincerely,

Tagada