The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to get Add Ons loaded in FSX

:( I have tried all recommended deletes and reinstall items several times and I still not able to get FSUIPC4 to load on FSX, as Add Ons. All necessary files seem to be loaded. When I run FSUIPC4, the program tells me that it cannot fin SimConnect.dll, but that is not a problem. What else can I try to get the Add Ons to show up on the FSX menu? Until I get the Add Ons loaded, I am unable to register my product.

:( I have tried all recommended deletes and reinstall items several times and I still not able to get FSUIPC4 to load on FSX, as Add Ons. All necessary files seem to be loaded. When I run FSUIPC4, the program tells me that it cannot fin SimConnect.dll, but that is not a problem.

Erit most certainly is a problem! Who told you that a missing SimConnect.dll was not a problem? FSUIPC4 cannot install if there's no Simconnect.dll, it is one of the essential checks the Installer makes.

If FSUIPC4 won't install and says this is because of SimConnect.dll, then you will probably need to try to repair your FSX installation -- see the FSX Help announcement at the top of the Forum.

When the FSUIPC4 installer fails, you have the opportunity to save the detailed install Log is displays on screen. Can you do that, then show vthe actual log in a message here so I can see exactly where the Install is failing?

Regards

Pete

My mistake. It was the SimConnect.XML file it could not find.

Here is the portion of the Install Log:

Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file...

...No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.

I do not know how to attach the entire log to this post. I was unable to copy and paste.

My mistake. It was the SimConnect.XML file it could not find.

Ah. That's a good thing, not a bad thing!

So the Install reported okay?

If so, and you still get no Add-Ons, then please show me the FSUIP4.LOG file -- you'll find it in the FSX Modules folder. You don't need to attach it, cut and paste the whole thing into a message here will be fine.

The problem will be one of two things:

1. Either it is a firewall or security program issue. With some products it seems merely switching these things off doesn't help, they sometimes need uninstalling.

Or

2. It is a bad install of SimConnect. For this you should try to repair it following the instructions I give in the "FSX Help ..." announcement at the top of this Forum.

Regards

Pete

Per your request:

FSUIPC4.log

*********FSUIPC4, Version 4.06 by Peter Dowson********

User Name=''''

User Addr=''''

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

Runnig inside FSX

Module base=61000000

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

219 System time = 09:39:04

219 FLT UNC path = 'C:\Documents and Settings\Robert Gatewood\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

219 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

2297 SimConnect_Open succeeded:proceding to intialise interface!

23157 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version:10.0.60905.0 (SimConnect: 2.0.60905.0)

39875 System Time=09:39:44

39875*** FUSIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed

*******FSUIPC Log file closed

Well, this line:

2297 SimConnect_Open succeeded:proceding to intialise interface!

would seem to indicate that it may not be a firewall (though that is still not clear).

I think you should try the SimConnect repair suggested in the FSX Help announcement. Be sure to delete that folder.

This line is interesting:

39875*** FUSIPC log file being closed

"FUSIPC"? There's no mis-spelling like that it the program. Did you, by any changce, edit or hand-copy this file? (Not that it matters) ;-)

Regards

Pete

I tried the SimConnect repair several times and I still am not able to load the add ons. I went as far as to remove my Norton Internet Security program, perform the delete and reinstall the SimConnect file, and then reinstall the Norton. Still I am unable to see the add ons.

I tried the SimConnect repair several times and I still am not able to load the add ons. I went as far as to remove my Norton Internet Security program, perform the delete and reinstall the SimConnect file, and then reinstall the Norton. Still I am unable to see the add ons.

ErDidn't you test BEFORE reinstalling Norton? Surely that's the main thing to do, to prove whether it is that or not?

Have you checked your firewall?

Have you managed to get a SimConnect Log yet?

Regards

Pete

I tried loading the program with Norton removed from the system. Still no Add ons.

I did perform a Search for Files and folders looking for SimConnect.XML. However, SimConnect.XML was not found. However,propsimconnect.xml was found.

As for the SimConnect Log, here is what I found:

SimConnect0.Log

0.00000 SimConnect version 0x00000002

4.18500 Panels data export found and set to 20A41990

6.20661 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version 4.0.6.5

>41.55140 [63, 1]Open:Version=0x00000002 Name="FSUIPC4"

>41.55161 [63, 2]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=2, SystemEventName="SimStart"

>41.55171 [63, 3]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=3, SystemEventName="SimStop"

I did perform a Search for Files and folders looking for SimConnect.XML. However, SimConnect.XML was not found. However,propsimconnect.xml was found.

SimConnect.xml not being there is a good thing. I said that before in an earlier reply!

As for the SimConnect Log, here is what I found:

SimConnect0.Log

0.00000 SimConnect version 0x00000002

4.18500 Panels data export found and set to 20A41990

6.20661 DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version 4.0.6.5

>41.55140 [63, 1]Open:Version=0x00000002 Name="FSUIPC4"

>41.55161 [63, 2]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=2, SystemEventName="SimStart"

>41.55171 [63, 3]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=3, SystemEventName="SimStop"

If there was nothing in the Log after this, then it means that all messages from SimConnect to FSUIPC are being blocked.

What about the FSUIPC4.LOG cprrecsponding to this SimConnect log. Did you chaeck? The last log you showed was with FSUIPC 4.06, now I see you are using 4.065 -- that does actually do some retries.

You could probably make it get a bit further by setting

StartImmediately=Yes

in the [General] section of the FSUIPC4.INI file. This makes it initialise things, including the Add-Ons menu, without waiting for the "SimStart" event to arrive. However, it looks like even if it gets that for it won't work. as to operate FSUIPC4 (and any other SimConnect client add-ons) will need to actually receive things from SimConnect.

It still seems like a Firrewall problem to me. Have you checked your firewall yet?

Regards

Pete

These are some of the exceptions from the SimConnect Log that appeared after perfroming all requested steps

< 38.83207 [63] Event: 19

< 38.83829 [63] Flight: 4

> 41.35155 [63, 2196]RequestDataOnSimObject:RequestID=-536870912, DefineID=-86050082, ObjectID=1, Period=4, Flags=3, origin=0, interval=0, limit=0

< 41.36721 [63] Event: 6

< 42.59467 [63] EventFrame: 0 0.173456

< 43.82112 [63] EventFrame: 0 0.815416

< 43.84041 [63] Event: 1

< 43.85085 [63] >>>>> EXCEPTION=23, SendID=2196, Index=-1 <<<<<

< 43.85093 [63] >>>>> EXCEPTION=23, SendID=2196, Index=-1 <<<<<

< 43.85097 [63] ObjectData: RequestID=-536870912 DefineID=-86050082

< 45.55648 [63] EventFrame: 0 0.576338

< 45.56162 [63] Event: 1

< 45.56199 [63] >>>>> EXCEPTION=23, SendID=2196, Index=-1 <<<<<

< 45.56218 [63] >>>>> EXCEPTION=23, SendID=2196, Index=-1 <<<<<

< 45.61969 [63] EventFrame: 0 15.847940

< 45.62074 [63] Event: 1

< 45.62100 [63] >>>>> EXCEPTION=23, SendID=2196, Index=-1 <<<<<

< 45.62106 [63] >>>>> EXCEPTION=23, SendID=2196, Index=-1 <<<<<

< 45.68113 [63] EventFrame: 0 16.171593

< 45.74457 [63] EventFrame: 0 15.757369

< 45.80684 [63] EventFrame: 0 16.057835

< 45.86873 [63] EventFrame: 0 16.163729

< 45.93093 [63] EventFrame: 0 16.078583

< 45.99433 [63] EventFrame: 0 15.770923

> 53.43094 [63, 2197]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 56.01169 [63, 2198]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 58.59126 [63, 2199]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 61.11802 [63, 2200]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 63.68983 [63, 2201]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

< 65.44251 [63] Flight: 5

< 69.47329 [63] EventFrame: 0 0.051788

< 69.47542 [63] Event: 1

< 69.47578 [63] >>>>> EXCEPTION=23, SendID=2201, Index=-1 <<<<<

< 69.47594 [63] >>>>> EXCEPTION=23, SendID=2201, Index=-1 <<<<<

< 69.53985 [63] EventFrame: 0 14.795774

< 69.59711 [63] Event: 7

< 69.59746 [63] Event: 16

> 69.65944 [63, 2202]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 72.17925 [63, 2203]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 74.74161 [63, 2204]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 77.30417 [63, 2205]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 79.86570 [63, 2206]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 82.42899 [63, 2207]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

> 84.99046 [63, 2208]RequestSystemState:RequestID=1, szState="Sim"

< 85.20383 [63] ObjectAddRemove: EventID=10 Type=5 ObjectID=278

< 85.20479 [63] ObjectAddRemove: EventID=10 Type=5 ObjectID=277

< 85.20544 [63] ObjectAddRemove: EventID=10 Type=5 ObjectID=279

These are some of the exceptions from the SimConnect Log that appeared after perfroming all requested steps

Yes, but without the complete log they cannot be identified -- the numbers tie up with earlier entries. I think they are merely the requests for axis data which won't be defined by default in an unregistered copy of FSUIPC4. This is perfectly innocuous, though I did remove those requests in a later version (is this log from using FSUIPC4.065? I can't tell as you chopped the start off).

Is there any other information associated with this? FSUIPC4 version? FSUIPC4 log? Other observations? Exactly why are you showing me this bit of a log? Just because you thought the exceptins were significant?

Regards

Pete

I turned off the firewall, and ran the FSX program, looked at the SimConnect log and found lots of loads. Strted a frre fly, tapped the Alt Key and there was the Add On menu. I have since registered my program and are flying high. It appears that Norton Firewall was causing the problem. Disabling the Norton Firewall allowed the program to load properly. It appears that I loaded Norton Internet Scurity to block all and not allow any exceptions. Windows firewall is on and the program is responding as advertised.

It is working!!!!. Had to sit down and follow all instructions as written.

Good. But what, in the end, made the difference? I am left a little puzzled about what it was that was wrong.

Regards

Pete

Hey guys, this is great. I install FSUIPC4 and WIDEFS7 on my computer and then spend hours researching the internet to find out why it ain't working. Even followed all the instructions here. was able to register FSUIPC4 but can't register widefs7. I am not computer literit so I have no idea were these logs are or how to find them. How do I get FSUIPC4 and WIDEFS7 working?

brodowb

... was able to register FSUIPC4 but can't register widefs7. I am not computer literit so I have no idea were these logs are or how to find them. How do I get FSUIPC4 and WIDEFS7 working?

ErI assume you have FSUIPC4 working, as you say you registered it okay. If not, what is the problem? Can you describe some symptoms at all please?

As far as Registering WideFS7, the process is identical to registering FSUIPC4, except using a different KEY and pressing the WideFS button instead of the FSUIPC one. Can you tell me a bit more about what you are doing and what happens?

I'm afraid I really cannot guess these things. You need to tell me what the problems are before I can help. Why worry about logs first, they may be completely irrelevant?

Regards

Pete

OK. Finally found the instruction manual. Took a while to figure out that I had to run free flight. missions, or one of the lessons in order to press the alt key to see the add on menu. Got both FSUIPC and WIDEFS7 registered. Don't know what WIDEFS7 is for but I got it. I want to learn to fly as real as possible before taking flight lessons this summer. Followed the instructions all the way to press the normal defaults button. Now I am good to go, right? WRONG. I went into free flight and had no throttle control. The plane taxied down the run way on its own. Got no brakes on the pro pedals or yoke, pulled back on the yoke and took off at a 20° climb. The nose lifted off, nosed down, nosed up again, nosed down, nosed up again. and then took a nose dive into the ground without me moving the yoke or pedals. Went back and tried to follow the instructions for calibrating the joystick. No luck. The number settings don't move when the yoke is moved side to side or forward and backward. Nothing working. And now it takes 3-5 minutes for FSX to load up to the settings screen. Another 3-5 minutes for a mission, free flight or lesson to load up. The scenery background is all screwed up with triangles and green color until flight starts and then background becomes almost normal. I ran registryfix to see if I could find out why the computer is so slow(this is a brand new Dell Computer 3.2 gig processor) All I found was the following:

RegKey : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\zip

ValueName : d

Value : c:\documents and settings\bruce brodowski\desktop\downloaded software\fsuipc4.zip

The file (c:\documents and settings\bruce brodowski\desktop\downloaded software\fsuipc4.zip) does not exist at the specified location

RegKey : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\*

ValueName : c

Value : c:\documents and settings\bruce brodowski\desktop\downloaded software\fsuipc4.zip

The file (c:\documents and settings\bruce brodowski\desktop\downloaded software\fsuipc4.zip) does not exist at the specified location

RegKey : HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List

ValueName : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Value : c:\program files\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x\fsx.exe:*:enabled:microsoft flight simulator®

The file (c:\program files\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x\fsx.exe:*:enabled:microsoft flight simulator®) does not exist at the specified location

RegKey : HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List

ValueName : C:\FSUIPC4\WideFS\WideClient.exe

Value : c:\fsuipc4\widefs\wideclient.exe:*:enabled:fs eliminator for fsuipc client applications

The file (c:\fsuipc4\widefs\wideclient.exe:*:enabled:fs eliminator for fsuipc client applications) does not exist at the specified location

RegKey : HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List

ValueName : C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Value : c:\program files\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x\fsx.exe:*:enabled:microsoft flight simulator®

The file (c:\program files\microsoft games\microsoft flight simulator x\fsx.exe:*:enabled:microsoft flight simulator®) does not exist at the specified location

RegKey : HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List

Value : c:\fsuipc4\widefs\wideclient.exe:*:enabled:fs eliminator for fsuipc client applications

The file (c:\fsuipc4\widefs\wideclient.exe:*:enabled:fs eliminator for fsuipc client applications) does not exist at the specified location

RegKey : HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List

RegKey : HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List

So now what?

Got both FSUIPC and WIDEFS7 registered. Don't know what WIDEFS7 is for but I got it.

You only need WideFS if you have a Network of PCs (i.e. at least two PCs including your FS PC) and wish to run some program which uses FSUIPC on the other PC. It simply extends the FSUIPC interface across the Network. It is used extensively in home-built cockpits where there may be up to 10 PCs involved in supporting the one aircraft.

If you are not using it then disable it (in the About & Register options page, bottom right).

... had no throttle control. The plane taxied down the run way on its own. Got no brakes on the pro pedals or yoke, pulled back on the yoke and took off at a 20° climb. The nose lifted off, nosed down, nosed up again, nosed down, nosed up again. and then took a nose dive into the ground without me moving the yoke or pedals. Went back and tried to follow the instructions for calibrating the joystick. No luck. The number settings don't move when the yoke is moved side to side or forward and backward. Nothing working.

Hmmm. It sounds like you have one of the very serious SimConnect problems which we think must be associated with some anti-virus, firewall or other security program you have installed. It is mentioned in the "FSUIPC4 Read Me" (which of course you didn't, did you?) as Problem Type 2, and whilst there's a workaround (change "NoAxisIntercepts=No" to Yes in the FSUIPC4.INI file, before loading FSUIPC), this loses you the facilities for joystick calibration in FSUIPC4.

But first, could you show me the FSUIPC4.LOG file please (it is in the FSX Modules folder). If it is too big, ZIP it and send it to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

You may be able to fix the problem by re-installing SimConnect (see the FSX Help announcement at the top of this Forum), but it is more likely that the only fix is to uninstall completely any added security software you have, test it to see if it then works, then gradually add stuff back being very careful what you enable, and testing each time.

All this has been reported to Microsoft many weeks ago, and I hope they will fix it. It is but one of many problems with FSX and SimConnect.

The scenery background is all screwed up with triangles and green color until flight starts and then background becomes almost normal.

So it's okay when it is running? Sounds like something to do with the way the video driver is initialised. There's nothing any add-on will be doing to induce that. Certainly nothing of mine has anything whatsoever to do with visuals.

I ran registryfix to see if I could find out why the computer is so slow

There's nothing I know of in the Registry which will directly affect anything in FSX or my programs, though of course an inefficient Registry can slow the whole ststem. I use the registry compaction in Registry Mechanic.

(this is a brand new Dell Computer 3.2 gig processor)

Hmm. My slowest PC is 3.2Gb. It is just about flyable with FSX if you turn a load of stuff off -- especially Autogen. That seems to cripple performance on anything less than the top of the range processors, and even then it can't go very high. It's best also to avoid larger airports as they can be pretty slow too.

Two other things can really slow things down, especially on loading: a fragmented disk, and insufficient memory. FSX works best with 2Gb main memory, and certainly nothing less than 1Gb.

After you install FSX you need to de-fragment the hard disk. Do it several times in fact, as the installer really does seem to screw it up well and good.

You said, earlier, that

I want to learn to fly as real as possible before taking flight lessons this summer

Why, then, did you get FSX and not FS2004, which will perform adequately on your 3.2Gb PC with realistic add-ons, and has got all the reliability and add-ons which you need? Quite honestly, FSX needs a far better PC at present and the problems which are known and discussed here, in this Forum and others, are quite extensive and difficult to resolve as yet. We are all hoping for a fix from Microsoft, but when that will be I've no idea.

Also, can you tell me why you bought FSUIPC4? Why did you install it? I know now you bought WideFS7 by mistake, but what was the motivation in the first place?

Anyway, if you do want to persist and get things working, try the things I mention above. After that, if you still make no progress, we will need to get a SimConnect LOG (also described in the FSX help announcement above) and forward everything to Microsoft to help with their analysis of these problems.

Regards

Pete

Hey Pete thanks for your patience with someone that isn't very computer savvy. Just a little bit.

You only need WideFS if you have a Network of PCs (i.e. at least two PCs including your FS PC) and wish to run some program which uses FSUIPC on the other PC. It simply extends the FSUIPC interface across the Network. It is used extensively in home-built cockpits where there may be up to 10 PCs involved in supporting the one aircraft.

If you are not using it then disable it (in the About & Register options page, bottom right).

OK. Pushed in disabled wide FS button.

Also, can you tell me why you bought FSUIPC4? Why did you install it? I know now you bought WideFS7 by mistake, but what was the motivation in the first place?

I have flight simulator 2002 and my step son-in-law who works for microsoft got me FSX as a Christmas present.

I wanted the best calibration software out there for realism and my surfing the internet and research came up with FSUIPC4

Hmmm. It sounds like you have one of the very serious SimConnect problems which we think must be associated with some anti-virus, firewall or other security program you have installed. It is mentioned in the "FSUIPC4 Read Me" (which of course you didn't, did you?) as Problem Type 2, and whilst there's a workaround (change "NoAxisIntercepts=No" to Yes in the FSUIPC4.INI file, before loading FSUIPC), this loses you the facilities for joystick calibration in FSUIPC4.

Done. found NoAxisintercepts=no in FSUIPC4 module file named FSUIPC4 configuration file. Still looking for FSUIPC4 read me file. Found it. Says go to history file. Printed the 4 pages.

The FSUIPC4 text document in modules contains:

FSUIPC4, Version 4.06 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name="Bruce Brodowski"

User Addr="ellenandbruce@earthlink.net"

FSUIPC Key is provided

WideFS Key is provided

Running inside FSX

Module base=61000000

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=255

234 System time = 17:21:42

359 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce Brodowski\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

421 FS UNC path = "\\DJ17XHB1DELL\Simulator X\"

2109 SimConnect_Open succeeded: proceeding to initialise interface!

18187 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.60905.0 (SimConnect: 2.0.60905.0)

1993140 System time = 17:54:55

1993140 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 2 Allocs, 2 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

You may be able to fix the problem by re-installing SimConnect (see the FSX Help announcement at the top of this Forum), but it is more likely that the only fix is to uninstall completely any added security software you have, test it to see if it then works, then gradually add stuff back being very careful what you enable, and testing each time.

Can't find FSx help announcement. still looking.

Uninstalled free 30 day trial of McAfee firewall, antivirus, etc. supplied by Dell. Uninstalled flight simulator 2002. FSX loading faster.

Calibrated joystick and pro pedals in FSX. have ailerons, elevators but no rudder. FSUIPC4 joystick calibration is still dead. Moving the yoke and pro pedals does not show any changes in the joystick calibration window even after setting to normal defaults.

Two other things can really slow things down, especially on loading: a fragmented disk, and insufficient memory. FSX works best with 2Gb main memory, and certainly nothing less than 1Gb.

Defragmented hard drive. Memory is 1Gb Did a search for a simconnect log. Can't find one

Regards

Bruce the beginner

The FSUIPC4 text document in modules contains:

FSUIPC4, Version 4.06 by Pete Dowson *********

No, that is the FSUIPC4.LOG file. It shows things to be okay, as far as it goes.

The READ ME file is in the FSUIPC Zip, alongside the Install FSUIPC program which you must have seen and used!

Can't find FSx help announcement. still looking.

Er, as I said, it is right at the top of this Forum. In fact it is the very first announcements, evidently confusingly entitled

FSX HELP: Logging or Re-installing SimConnect

How can you possibly miss it? Where are you actually looking? THIS is the Forum, where you posted your message. The Announcements are always at the top (i.e. at the beginning)!

FSUIPC4 joystick calibration is still dead.

If you changed the line

NoAxisintercepts=no
to Yes, as I suggested, then, as I also said "this loses you the facilities for joystick calibration in FSUIPC4.", so that is no surprise at all is it?

You seem to be steaming ahead doing everything at once. You must test in between every change! How else will you find out what is wrong? :-(

Did a search for a simconnect log. Can't find one

Oh, dear. You don't seem to actually read what I actually write. See where I said this:

... we will need to get a SimConnect LOG (also described in the FSX help announcement above)
Bruce the beginner

Why, as a beginner, did you say this:

I wanted the best calibration software out there for realism

I'm a bit bemused by this. What do you think you can do with FSUIPC, as a beginner, that you can't do anyway with Windows calibration and FSX settings? I don't understand why you, as a beginner, would plunge into the deep end and want to try fancy tricks with your controls before you've even tried the basic stuff?

Reading again wat you've done I think you need to delete your FSUIPC4.INI file and start again. I was trying to get your FSX usable, which it now sounds like it is. If you now need to get FSUIPC4 usable, and it still isn't, then you will really need to read my suggestions again and take them one at a time, not all at once, to see what, if anything makes a difference. The fact that you uninstalled security software might have fixed things anyway.

Regards

Pete

[/i]

This is what I see when I scroll up to the top of the page. It's late. I'll work on this tomorrow

International - France - Spain/Latam - Germany - Benelux - Italia - Israel - Poland - Portugal - Russia - India - Japan - simMarket - About simFlight

The simFlight Network

The Flight Simulation Forums

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups

Profile You have no new messages Log out [ brodowb ]

Unable to get Add Ons loaded in FSX

Goto page Previous 1, 2

The simFlight Network Forum Index -> Pete Dowson's FS Modules

View previous topic :: View next topic

brodowb

This is what I see when I scroll up to the top of the page. It's late. I'll work on this tomorrow

Er .and below that, your message showing I presume? Of course, because you've chosen this thread to view. But how on Earth did you select the thread to entrer the message in the first place? How did you get here at all? It is most mystifying you ever managed to enter a message at all!

This thread is in a Forum. The Forum is called "Pete Dowson's FS Modules", and it is the Forum in which I reply to your messages! Visit the forum and you will see not only your messages but thousands of others, atop of which there are a series of Announcements and "Stickies". It is through the Announcements that I Announce things, supply new versions, etc.

Exit from the thread, or use the link in the documentation to get to my Support Forum. Take a look -- there are links to the Forum everywhere, including the place you got FSUIPC from in the first place!! Or use http://forums.simflight.com/viewforum.php?f=54

I really don't understand how you ever got here at all if you cannot get to the Forum which lists the threads in which you entered your message!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Pete

OK. Baby Steps.

1.changed "NoAxisIntercepts=yes" to no No change is FSIUPC4 joystick calibration

2. Made copy of FSX HELP: Logging or Re-installing SimConnect . In my documents/flight simulator x files I right clicked the mouse, click new-text file and named it simconnect.ini. Then I copied and pasted the code from FSX HELP into it. It generated no log files that I can find.

OK. Baby Steps.

1.changed "NoAxisIntercepts=yes" to no No change is FSIUPC4 joystick calibration

And do the joysticks now not work in FSX?

2. Made copy of FSX HELP: Logging or Re-installing SimConnect . In my documents/flight simulator x files I right clicked the mouse, click new-text file and named it simconnect.ini. Then I copied and pasted the code from FSX HELP into it. It generated no log files that I can find.

A copy of what? The whole announcement? Huh?

Show me the Simconnect.INI file you have made please.

Didn't you first follow the steps to reinstall SimConnect, shown in that Announcement, as I suggested a long time ago?

I suspect you really need to talk to Microsoft Support, as you seem to be having problems with FSX which are really nothing to do with any add-ons. At present, though, I think MS FSX support are rather overwhelmed.

Pete