The simFlight Network Forums

Engines FSX

Hi Pete

I have a big problem.

Very often after about half an hour of flight with FSX and

PMDG 737700, both engines shut down.

I use FSUIPC4, PMsystems, PMBoeing, Cpflight hardware.

I always thought the problem would come from PMsystems, but yesterday

I shut down Pmsystems and the problem appeared as well.

I checked if there were no axis wrongly assigned.

I also use the pfc driver with pfc console but only for the rudder, the other axis are not assigned.

A throttle is connected through fsbus.

It seemed that after disconnecting the pfc hardawre console the problem had disppeared. But I will have to recheck.

Are there any other such problems known?? Because I start to get desesperated..

Many thanks

Gilles

Very often after about half an hour of flight with FSX and

PMDG 737700, both engines shut down.

I use FSUIPC4, PMsystems, PMBoeing, Cpflight hardware ...

I also use the pfc driver with pfc console but only for the rudder, the other axis are not assigned.

A PFC console with only rudder? No switches or anything?

It seemed that after disconnecting the pfc hardawre console the problem had disppeared. But I will have to recheck.

Even more important, then, to know which "PFC console" it is you are using, and how it only has arudder and no switches. What do you select in the PFC driver?

Are you sure you don't have fuel / starter switches and are forgetting to switch them on?

Please see if you can ascertain WHY the engines unspool -- check the various things that can do this, and maybe even some things that shouldn't. If not fuel cut-off, possibly the generators aren't on and the electrical power is failing? I know this shouldn't cut the engines, but I'm not sure.

Are there any other such problems known?

I've certainly not heard of any, and things are okay here.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete for helping me

I use the cirrus console from PFC.

In the throttle quadrant tab I have no axis assigned.

The only thing which is assigned in the PFC driver is the rudder, because I have a better throttle for a 737 I do not need anything else. I have to keep the console because my rudderpedal PFC hardware is not a usb version and I can connect it only through the console.

If using (i know it is rather a PM question) Project magenta software which panel would you use? Perhaps the FSx overheadpanel functions are interfering with PMsystems?

Many thanks

Gilles

I use the cirrus console from PFC.

In the throttle quadrant tab I have no axis assigned.

The only thing which is assigned in the PFC driver is the rudder, because I have a better throttle for a 737 I do not need anything else. I have to keep the console because my rudderpedal PFC hardware is not a usb version and I can connect it only through the console.

But apart from the throttle, the Engines have nothing to do with any axis. This is why I asked about the switches and how you are using them. There is a fuel switch, isn't there? How are you operating the generator -- I think the alternator switch on the console deals with that. Also, if you have the wrong aircraft assigned, the mixture lever will operate the fuel cutoff.

The axis assignments are not of any interest or relevance at all, you see?

If using (i know it is rather a PM question) Project magenta software which panel would you use? Perhaps the FSx overheadpanel functions are interfering with PMsystems?

Er .. you are using an FS panel with PM? Gosh, no. You surely need no panel at all if you have the whole PM suite. I don't use any panel. I don't know if the FSX ones will interfere, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if you have all the FSX gauges running in competition with what PM is trying to do.

Regards

Pete

You mean by deleting the inside of the panel.cfg?

Well, I do it by copying the whole Panel folder, within the Aircraft part, and naming the new one "Panel.none". THEN I delete all the parts from that PANEL.CFG that I don't wantmore about this below. After all, some bits are to do with views, and you will probably still want those.

Then, finally, I edit the Aircraft.CFG file, and change the line(s) "Panel=" to "Panel=None". This makes it select the Panel.none folder instead of the regular one. For more flexibility, I actually create another [fltsim.n] entry first, in numeric sequence, and give the new one a new title, including "(no panel)" somethere in that title. then you can still select all the original aircraft, or the one with no panel.

Here's my Panel.CFG file for the PMDG 737. I think this is derived from one made for FS2004 by Steve Reyling (check the Project Magenta downloads page, right near bottom left).

Regards

Pete

[Views]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL
VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=-2.25, 0.0, 0.0
VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.50

VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=-2.25, 0.0, 45.0
VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=30
VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.50

VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=-2.25, 0.0, 90.0
VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=31
VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=0.50