The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.71 causes CTD. FSUIPC 3.70 OK.

Hi Pete.

Sorry to bother you but I have a CTD (crash to desktop) problem with FSUIPC 3.71.

I not a paying customer and use the unregister version, so don't expect support. Maybe CTD is because I use unregister version? I post only for a FYI for others in case they have CTDs.

I spend 2 weeks finding my CTD cause. FSUIPC 3.71 is causing CTD on my Machine. FSUIPC 3.70 is ok. No CTD's with FSUIPC 3.70. I tried FSUIP 3.70 after reading this post:

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.phlight=ctd

My CTD was random with FS9 while flying. CTD mainly would happen while switch veiws, either look left or go to spot view and boom, CTD. No error at all given. Only error is found in Windows XP-SP2 event log. This is error I get:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7.

Another user post same error as mine on you site: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.phlight=ctd

and Jared has same error:

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az==174&page=

I have formated HDD, Installed Win XP-SP2 and installed all updates. Then I install CH Control Manager 4.1. I use a CH Throttle, a CH pedals, and Microsoft FF2 joystick. I then install FS2004. Tested FS9 using default aircraft and no CTD's. I installed FS9 patch by running the update in the FS2004 folder. Tested with no CTD's I installed FSUIPC 3.71 and I have CTD's.

I have no add-ons installed, all default. Even FS9.cfg is untouched. Only add FSUIPC 3.71.dll. I use the 4th FS9 CD in CDROM to Start up FS9.

I can recreate the crash by doing this:

1. I save a flight and called it CTD test. It loads up the default b737 everytime. With parking brake set, I increase to full throttle. Look in all directions in 2D panel.

2. I hit the "S" key to go to spot view.

3. I than select another default aircraft, over and over until my CTD happens. I remain in spot view all the time.

Within the first 5-10 aircraft selections, FS2004 will usually crash to desk top (CTD) with no error message. Also i note that by going back and forth from Full screen to window, CTD sometime happen. With FSUIPC 3.70 I have no error doing this.

I post this for other in case the have same problem

Thanks Pete.

Lee

I not a paying customer and use the unregister version, so don't expect support. Maybe CTD is because I use unregister version? I post only for a FYI for others in case they have CTDs.

I have no add-ons installed, all default.

Since you have not registered FSUIPC, and you have no add-ons using FSUIPC, it is actually not doing anything (not sure why you are even installing it).

Just because you can make CTDs happen with it installed and not without, doesn't mean it is the 'cause'. It only means that, whatever true problem is actually occurring only results in a CTD when the timing and memory arrangements are just 'so', just as occurring with that partifcular version of FSUIPC installed and not a different one.

This sort of thing has happened now and then through the life of FS and FSUIPC, and with and without other add-ons, and from your description is likely to be one of several things:

1. A video driver problem. It may be worth trying to change some of the settings, in the drivers and/or in FS -- things like "render to texture" in the display settings are often very sensitive in this way. It may also be worth trying different versions of the video drivers. Trial and error is the key.

2. A corrupted file. If you had the problem before, then re-formatted the HDD and re-installed everything and still get it, then this is less likely of course. But otherwise known causes are bad WX files, especially if loaded by the default flight (which you cannot stop loading without editing the FS9.CFG file), or a corrupt graphics file, either for scenery textures or aircraft.

You could also try using the latest interim version of FSUIPC, 3.716, which can be downloaded from one of the Announcements above. There's as much difference between 3.71 and 3.716 as there was between 3.70 and 3.71 (3.716 will be released as 3.72 before the end of the month).

You say:

Another user post same error as mine on you site: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.phlight=ctd

and Jared has same error:

but the first is certainly different ("my fs9 ONLY crashes in MP sessions"), has no mention of FSUIPC at all, and the thread stops after the suggestion "You're not using internet explorer 7 are you? If so then just delete OLEACC.DLL in the FS2004 root folder.", which seems to suggest that this cleared it up.

The second reference actually contradicts you in effectively showing it couldn't be FSUIPC:

I flew several dozens of flights and no CTD. Next, I installed PMDG737. Several flights later no CTD. ASV6 same thing, no CTD. I got UT and still no CTD. Installed SB3.0 did several online flights and no CTD. I then installed GE Pro and what do you know my first CTD on the re-install.

Of those add-ons, the PMDG aricraft and SB3 both use FSUIPC -- no CTDs. GE Pro does not use FSUIPC, it is pure graphics - CTD. That certainly suggests video driver problems or corrupted graphics files.

The only posting related to FSUIPC in that thread is your own. You say there "Read pete's forums and other have same problem." but that is very misleading as the only un-resolved post here like that is yours. :-(

You also said this

I applied yesterday to Pete's forums to post problem, but he has not actived my userid. I guess because I not paying member.

I have nothing to do with SimFlight forums other than answering messages in this one and being able to delete and arrange them. Someone in Simflight deals with registrations and user IDs.

Then you say

but the first gave no other information and stopped immediately the suggestion from Bob arrived about the ATC bug in FS9 which certainly is a known cause of CTDs, and the second is the one you refer to above, which is not even in my Forum and doesn't mention FSUIPC, only GE Pro as the cause.

I would be grateful if, when you want support, you always first try the latest updates -- the Announcements at the top of this forum always tell you what is going on, and provide updates which may be good but simply have not made it to full user release status yet.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete for suggestions and support.

I did not know of new version of FSUIPC until Bob at Avsim give me link to the beta FSUIC. I was using FSUIPC 3.71 from you home page. Assume that was the current version. Mistake on my part.

I spend many days trying to resolve my CTD, and can confirm now it is fixed with FSUIPC 3.70 I will try the beta versions later, but rigt now to busy re-installing all my add-on aircraft (that require FSUIPC, which is why I install FSUIPC in first place).

"You're not using internet explorer 7 are you?" No

I use a removable HDD. My FS2004 HDD only has XP sp2 installed with IE6, and FS2004, and any supporting software like CH control mgr, FSmetar, FSrealtime, etc. No anti virus is installed on my FS2004 HDD (used only for flying). I don't use this HDD for internet use either, it only for playing FS2004 and nothing else. I have 2nd HDD (my FS2004 developement HDD) used for testing addons etc.

I keep a basic log of things I did to resolve my CTD. Did not want to go in circles. Many searches in forums give me many things to try, and many such items I didn't write down. I did one step at a time, time consuming, but I had to find my recent CTD problem.

Here is the log..

My error (CTD)

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 7.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 6.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things I done

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under DXDIAG moved Sourd Acceleration down to Standard acceleration.

Under DXDIAG disabled AGP Texture acceleration.

In BIOS, changed Default memory voltage from 2.65v to 2.60v.

- No CTD to date.

- had CTD with Stardard acceleration.

- Run memtest86 all night. No errors. have read posts that memtest86 runs clean and people still have ctd's. They replace memory and CTD fixed.

- monitor memoy usage for mem leak. Commit Charge at 450676. Physical memory 2096624. when CTD happen commit charge always under 510000.

- Removed 2nd stick of RAM 2Gb installed. Tested with sound Acceleration to FULL and had CTD.

- Bump down to standard acceleration, basic, sound off in FS2004. Still CTD

- Swapped stick of Ram. Still only one stick in (1GB). Sound at Standard acceleration. Still CTD

- Reinstalled memeory stick. Now at 2GB again. Note. Memory chips are now in different slots then when I started.

Did this next:

Method 5: Disable NVIDIA Driver Helper Service

To disable the NVIDIA Driver Help Service, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.

2. Right-click Nvidia Driver Helper Service, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup Type box, select Disabled.

4. Click OK, and then quit the Services program.

If these steps do not correct the problem, go to the next method.

- Entered BIOS and Disabled Onboard gigabit Lan, Disabled Onboard SiI3144 Raid, Disabled IEEE1394 Controller. Note: Onboard Gigabit Lan ROM was already disabled, I didn't change this.

Also the Memory voltage was set at 2.65v. I tried 2.5v, and made no diff. Tried 2.60, still getting CTD's.

Still got CTD

Removed Sound card still getting ctd's.

Tried different airports with no afcad's. Still CTD's

Reseated video card, reinstalled sound card.

deleted fs9.cfg file. During load is detected fssound.dll 1.50 as being old. accept yes.

Removed FSConnect.dll and FSSound.dll V1.50 and no CTD. Reinstalled FSSound.dll 1.50 and now cdt.

tested severals times.

replaced FSSOund.dll with 1.50.1 and removed FSconnect.dll. Work for a while like this, then got one CDT. Appeared like FSConnect.dll and FSSound.dll conflict??

Currenly have FSConnect.dll removed and FSSound 1.5.0.1 removed. Installed FSSound 1.60.15 . Testing.

Had three CTD with FSSound 1.60.15 installed and FSConnect.dll removed.

Entered BIOS and changed PCI Express maximum payload size from 4096 to 256. Also changed my Anti-ALising from 4x to 2x

Had one CTD

Entered BIOS and changed PCI express max payload back to 4096. Changed memory voltage to auto.

Still Had CTD

Removed Soft Horizons textures. Still CTD

Remove modified Lanuage.dll and reinstall default. still CTD.

Removed All my scenery. Still CTD.

Removed FS9.cfg and let rebuild. Testing no problems.

Increased Res to 1280x960x32 - no problems.

Re-installed my tweaked FS9.cfg file. CTD.

CHanged my desktop res to 1024x768

changed FS res to 1024x768. Have my tweaked fs9.cfg installed.

Had CTD..

Reinstalled New FS9.cfg file. Res set at 1280x960x32

CTD

--------------------------- will continue on.... Suspect might have hardware issue causing CTD's. Sound card was removed.

Never did remove the usenglishbig.gvp. also never removed the traffic bgl.s yet.

----------------

Reinstalled Soft horizons, language.dll, FSSound.dll

CTD within 1 minute.

delete OLEACC.DLL.. CTD

reinstall OLEACC.DLL

uninstall video driver 93.71 installed 81.85. video drivers. CTD.

-------------------------------------

Re-enabled onboard sound in BIOS.

Adjusted Memory DDR voltage from auto to 2.65v (back to default)

Installed drivers for onboard sound

Removed Sound blaster sound card.

Testing... CTD.... Not a sound card issue. Must be video problem.

--------------------------------------------

Deleted onboard sound drivers.

Disabled Onboard sound in BIOS

Reinstalled my SOund card.

Removed 81.85 vid drivers.

Install 84.21. CTD

Install 85.97. CTD

Intall 91.31. CTD

Re-installed 93.71 vid drivers (that have work for months) CTD.

time to start over - tomorrow.

format hdd.

Install window xp-sp2.

apply all xp updates.

update all system drivers:

SyStem Drivers Installed:

Nvidea Video card - 93.71_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql.exe

Dell Monitor - R73595.exe installed. Refresh rate set to 75Hz.

Nvidia nForce4 AMD Drivers for MotherBoard - 6.86_nforce_win2kxp_international_whql.exe

Silcon Image SiI SoftRaid5 - 3114r5_x86_15100_logo.zip

Marvel Yukon PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet - SetupYukonWin_x32w-v85673.zip

Sound Blaster Audigy SE - SBA_PCDRV_LB_1_04_0061.exe

AMD CPU WinXP Driver - amdcpusetup.exe (Driver Version 1.3.2.0 dated: 5/27/2006)

install CH control manager 4.1

Reinstalled FS2004. used FS9.cfg that was produced at install No changes.

Testing NO CTD.s

Second day no CTD's

Install FS2004 update 9.1. Testing

no ctd

Installed FSUIPC 3.71 and FSSound.dll 1.60.15 Testing

1 ctd.

Still CTD's

Removed FSSOUND.dll 1.60.15... Testing...

Still CTD's..

Removed FSUIPC 3.71.... No CTD's

Installed FSUIPC 3.71... Now CTD's again.

Installed FSUIPC 3.70 Testing...

No CTD's with FSUIPC 3.70..

------------------------------------------------------------

I am currently using unregister version FSUIPC 3.70 and have no more CTD's.

Will try the beta FSUIPC.

Thanks

Lee

I did not know of new version of FSUIPC until Bob at Avsim give me link to the beta FSUIC. I was using FSUIPC 3.71 from you home page. Assume that was the current version. Mistake on my part.

No, not a mistake -- it is the latest on official user release, and it is supported, but the support necessarily leads to me asking you to try the later versions. It is always worth scanning the announcements here because they are used to notify you of possible problems or changes which might affect what you are doing, as well as provide later versions to try, just in case.

I spend many days trying to resolve my CTD, and can confirm now it is fixed with FSUIPC 3.70

Well, that isn't "fixed" in my book. More like "hidden" I suspect.

In all the things you said you tried I didn't note anything about the main things I would have thought obvious to try. The FS display option "Render to texture" is one option which seems to be problematic, though whether on or off I am not sure. Certainly one way has been known to be a cause of CTDs.

Other things are MipMap levels, and the various other settings for stuff like filtering and anti-aliassing -- different combinations of video driver and FS settings work better than others.

FS9.0 used to be a minefield of CTDs. It got a lot better after 9.1 but they din't fix them all, and most were/are involved with video rendering on changes of view or aircraft.

Regards

Pete

"Well, that isn't "fixed" in my book."

Correct statement. FSUIPC 3.716 causing CTD also.. moved back to 3.70. and all is fine.

"I would have thought obvious to try"

I did not post entire log and I left out all the obvious steps. I never had CTD's before. My system has been rock solid for 2 years, with no hardware changes. After my CTD's started about 1-2 months ago, I assume I had intermittent hardware problem (memory, sound card, Video card, etc). Almost went out and bought different memory until decieded to format C: and start over.

"The only posting related to FSUIPC in that thread is your own. You say there "Read pete's forums and other have same problem." but that is very misleading as the only un-resolved post here like that is yours."

Funny how some poeple have this CTD with FSUIPC 3.71 and others don't. If you read various forums, thier are many posts on CTD and FS9 just quiting of late. I'am I the only one with this?

WebMaximus had ctd's. He went back to FSUIPC 3.70 and so far so good?

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=819&page=2

Raptor483 had CTD's. He went back to FSUIPC 3.70.

FSUIPC 3.716 is causing CTD's also.

I move on, and won't waste your time.

Good luck and all the best Pete

Lee

FSUIPC 3.716 causing CTD also

Oh dear. That is very strange. I have already had a separate response from someone else for whom 3.716 "fixed" them.

WebMaximus had ctd's. He went back to FSUIPC 3.70 and so far so good?

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=819&page=2

Raptor483 had CTD's. He went back to FSUIPC 3.70.

Neither posted here. It is very unhelpful if folks do this and never report it here, or even write to me in other wayts. I really cannot afford the time to be a web browser.

I move on, and won't waste your time.

Well, it wouldn't be a waste of time if we could get to the bottom of it, but it isn't easy when everyone simply decides to stick with an older version, and even in the majority of cases not bother to report it. But that's your choice.

Anyway, now I know you can make it happen in 3.716 I will try to reproduce it here. If I can do this under debugging conditions there is a good chance I can work out a fix or a work-around for it. It is probably a case of timing, where data for one type of aircraft no longer exists for another. There are precautions taken for this, but timings may be critical.

There was no way I could debug anything with 3.71 because I don't keep copies of original sources going back so many releases.

Regards

Pete

FSUIPC 3.716 causing CTD also

Okay, by following your procedure:

1. I save a flight and called it CTD test. It loads up the default b737 everytime. With parking brake set, I increase to full throttle. Look in all directions in 2D panel.

3. I than select another default aircraft, over and over until my CTD happens. I remain in spot view all the time.

I can induce FS9 to crash eventually -- seems to take 10-20 attempts here, but only on one of three PCs I've tried it on. Oddly and perhaps relevantly that one is the only one I have with an ATI video card rather than an nVidia.

Can you tell me what video card you are using please?

I am installing my debugging system on the one PC on which I can induce it, and will try to see what is happening. At first glance it looks to be a timing clash between threads involved in setting up and cancelling data structures between different aircraft types, as the crash is always between a prop to jet, jet to prop, jet to helo, helo to prop, etc etc type change, not for instance 737 to 777. FSUIPC accesses these data types in what is supposed to be a "safe period" (i.e. one in which they are guaranteed to be accessible), but some of my threads may be rather more efficient than they were and need additional safeguards.

I'll let you know as soon as I think I may have got somewhere. Are you willing to test a version for me if I send it, or are you sticking to your "3.70 works and that's it" stance? If the latter I will need to find someone else willing to try things.

Thanks & Regards

Pete

Hi Pete I can also confirm a crashing problem with FS that has just recently started happening. I've not tried rolling back FSUIPC so can't say if that is causing the problem. I use a NVIDIA 7600GT card. My crashes happen in the exact same was as above -

I also am getting rare, random crashes where FS just cuts out and drops to desktop with no explination in the blink of an eye - very strange because I'm not running any addons really - I use PM software on another computer.

it's probably not even FSUIPC causing the problem, I've had no problems with it in the past - it may be something else. It would be nice to get to the bottom of it!

Any idea where I can try out FSUIPC 3.70 to see if that stops the problem?

Thanks

Pete,

My Video Card is MSI NVidia Geforce 6800GS

My MB is MSI K8N Neo4 (AMD 3500+ single core 939 Socket) (Nforce4 Chipset).

Thanks for FSUIPC 3.717. Just tried it and I still get CTD's with same error in Windows XP event log.

If I just fly, the CTD is very random. It can be 1 minute, 15minutes, or 30 minutes etc. I think it has to do how many times I switch views while flying before CTD happens.

When I switch between default aircraft as described above, it happens with in minutes. CTD happens mainly when swtiching from B737 to the Piper cub or to Mooney and back to the B737. It also happens when switching to the B777, or B747.

I wish people at Avsim (the registerd users) would report their findings here. Maybe you could get more data from them to help with this.

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=7819&page=

FSUIPC 3.70 can be found here: http://files.fsnordic.net/cool/

Lee

Hi Pete,

If it helps:

- I have a Nvidia 7900GT card.

- I only change from jet to jet

And in spite of my initial reaction (via Email), that suggested that with V3.7.1.6 (after an hour reloading flights and aircraft) the CTDs were gone, I've seen it three times again since.

But by far not as frequent as with 3.7.1.0.; to the extent that I haven't found a sequence of flight/aircraft selection to force the CTD with V3.7.1.6

Unlike with 3.7.1.0

Best regards, Rob Barendregt

Pete..

Let me play with FSUIPC 3.7.17 some more before you start changing things with it.

I tested it on my development HDD, and it crashed very quickly which has more programs installed on it.

When I use FSUIPC 3.7.1.7 on my "Flying only" HDD, which contains only XP, CH Control Manger 4.1 and FS9.1, I have not re-created the CTD. But I did have one strange hang event when switching aircraft (which I never had before). This time FS9 closed and indicated it had a problem and needed to close. Maybe or may not be related. First time seeing that.

Event log showed:

Hanging application FS9.EXE, version 9.1.0.40901, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

which means nothing...

Lee

This time FS9 closed and indicated it had a problem and needed to close. Maybe or may not be related. First time seeing that.

That is a much more normal sort of crash, and it is actually where you can get more useful information, such as the address of the error, often also the module, and even some status of the stack at the time. You get this by the button for more details.

Event log showed

Unfortunately nothing in any Event Log I've ever seen contains anything useful whatsoever, at least not to a programmer. I think it's intended for system administrators, not programmers or testers.

I find myself now in a very difficult position. The problem which I reproduced here, which seemed identical to yours, is not now reproducible here wth 3.717. So far nothing I've done has induced any sort of crash whatsoever. So it seems I fixed a problem which you don't get.

I'll keep trying, but please let me know anything specific you find. Unless I can make it crash here I do not stand much chance of doing anything about it I'm afraid. I may actually be forced to freeze all pre-FSX development back at 3.70, discarding 3.71 etc, and all additions so I can get on into future things for FSX and beyond.

The strange thing is the lack of any really serious changes between 3.70 and 3.71. It is a shame no one reported this problem with any of the increments -- 3.701, 3.702... 3.709, all of which were provided for several weeks each. Determining exactly WHICH change brought this on would be oh, so useful!

Alas, although I do keep some increments, for a while, it is now over 9 weeks since 3.71 was officially released (9 weeks till the CTDs were reported to me!) and I do not keep prior histories so long. Even the increments between 3.70 in July last year and 3.71 in early November were pretty evenly spread over those four months, with, again, no adverse feedback like this.

:-(

Looking through all of the changes from 3.70 to 3.71 there was really only one related to its interface to FS (which is where this problem must be occurring), and that is the one providing new data for the HSI. I wonder if the code accessing that data isn't so well protected against a change of aircraft. Maybe I will provide another interim version with that data removed for now, as a test.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Sorry for not posting here until now.

I was the one starting the thread over at AVSIM and since I got this tip from Lee going back to v 3.70 of FSUIPC I haven't had a single CTD.

As for the GFX card I'm using an ATI X1900 XTX.

All the best,

Richard (WebMaximus)

I was the one starting the thread over at AVSIM and since I got this tip from Lee going back to v 3.70 of FSUIPC I haven't had a single CTD.

I am still trying to make 3.717 crash -- I managed to get one CTD with 3.715 using LeeWang's suggestions, but I can't so far make any CTDs occur at all, on one ATI-equipped PC nor two nVidia ones. It's a puzzle. It must be sorted -- I cannot support 3.70.

Pete

I am still trying to make 3.717 crash -- I managed to get one CTD with 3.715 using LeeWang's suggestions, but I can't so far make any CTDs occur at all, on one ATI-equipped PC nor two nVidia ones. It's a puzzle. It must be sorted -- I cannot support 3.70.

Pete

Let me know if you think I can be of any more help Pete.

//Richard

Pete,

Did a test tonight and though I would share the result with you to try helping you narrowing down what's causing these CTDs.

Come to think of today I haven't checked for new versions of my display drivers for some time. Checked ATI's website and noticed there was a new version of the official Catalyst drivers so I downloaded and installed them...went from installation package 6-8_xp-2k_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_35179 -> 7-1_xp_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_40211.

After the upgrade of the display drivers I though I would give FSUIPC v 3.71 another try but...after loading FS it vanished by itself after approx 1 minute and I was back at my desktop...

I then went back to v 3.70 and FS is running just fine so I guess you can rule out the display drivers beeing the culprit.

Best,

Richard

After the upgrade of the display drivers I though I would give FSUIPC v 3.71 another try but...after loading FS it vanished by itself after approx 1 minute and I was back at my desktop...

I wish I could make it do that here. I've spent about 6 hours today so far on nothing else! Loading flights, changing aircraft, changing views, doing my utmost to make it crash -- zilch. Solid as a rock!

Pete

I'm sorry to hear that Pete, this is really a strange and annoying problem!

My guess since we're a bunch of guys having this very same problem but still not all of us is that it's a combination of FSUIPC v 3.71 and

- another program

- a specific hardware combination

These are the programs I'm using (part from FS9 of course ;-) )

GE Pro II

Ultimate Terrain Europe

FS Genesis World wide Mesh

MyWorld2004 Landclass

ASv6

Ultimate Traffic

ActiveCamera

FSRealTime

FSNavigator

Autower

FSPassengers

And my HW setup below

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe motherboard

Intel Core2 Duo E6600

2 GB Corsair Extreme RAM

2 x SATA Raid0 Arrays a 300 GB

ASUS EAX 1900XTX 512 MB

SB Audigy 2 ZS

Realtek High Definition Audio

Hope this can be of some help!

Best,

Richard

I

My guess since we're a bunch of guys having this very same problem but still not all of us is that it's a combination of FSUIPC v 3.71 and

- another program

- a specific hardware combination

Well, I think the "another program" possibility has pretty much been eliminated. I am having a lot of help from one user who can generate the CTDs and with no other FS-related programs running.

These are the programs I'm using (part from FS9 of course ;-) )

ASv6

GE Pro II

Ultimate Terrain Europe

Ultimate Traffic

FS Genesis World wide Mesh

ActiveCamera

MyWorld2004 Landclass

FSRealTime

FSNavigator

Autower

and of those the only ones I don't use are ActiveCamera and Autower (whatever that is).

I don't see anything useful in the hardware stuff either.

I assume you are using WinXP SP2, fully updated?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete..

Sorry but I have little time to play with FS9 and test the new FSUIPC version. But I wonder what a handful of people have in common to create a problem like this?

We all have different hardware, but I wonder if CH Manager is in conflict with FSUIPC?

I used CH Manager 4.0 and then tried CH manager 4.1 and still had CTD's. After I reformatted my HDD, I had a clean machine with only CH manager 4.1 installed, WinXP SP2 updated via microsoft updates, and FS2004 with patch installed. No other software installed, no fs9 addons etc.

I have since re-installed all my add-ons, and tweaked many things, but have found no time to fly :cry:

So, do other people have CH Manager installed?

Lee

Sorry but I have little time to play with FS9 and test the new FSUIPC version. But I wonder what a handful of people have in common to create a problem like this?

Nothing so far.

We all have different hardware, but I wonder if CH Manager is in conflict with FSUIPC?

No, not being used by other testers.

Regards

Pete

Pete, 3.7.18 is still causing CTD's and now strange hang problem. Happen within 1-5 minute of selecting different aircraft.

I start FS2004 and select fly (default aircraft is Cessna 172). I hit S key to go to spot view.

I then click on aircraft - select aircraft. The select aircraft window opens up with default C172. I then use my mouse wheel to select a different aircraft like the B737-400. I then do the same and select the mooney. I then go back to the b737-400. I then select the piper cub etc.

FS2004 will eventually CTD or now hang using 3.7.18. When FS2004 hangs, my FS2004 menu disappears and I no longer have a menu to select anything?

Pete, I read in your forums that you use the NO CD crack? I am not. I have my FS2004 CD4 in my cdrom and a process named ~e5d141.tmp is running (related to Microsoft copywirte). Could this an issue?

Lee

Pete, 3.7.18 is still causing CTD's and now strange hang problem. Happen within 1-5 minute of selecting different aircraft.

I'm in the process of trying all sorts of things out with other testers (I thought you said you were too busy?). As I cannot reproduce it here even with many hours of trials, I have had to make lots of different versions with different changes to ascertain what affects what.

I'll post progress when there is any. Until then it remains a mystery. Sorry.

Pete, I read in your forums that you use the NO CD crack? I am not. I have my FS2004 CD4 in my cdrom and a process named ~e5d141.tmp is running (related to Microsoft copywirte). Could this an issue?

The no CD crack is essential for debugging as otherwise that process you mention prevents the debugger being run and the stops anyone getting any information. It could be a reason for getting useless uninformative CTDs rather than proper crashes with details reported and a dump sent to Microsoft. But otherwise, no, I don't think it can be interfering in a causal sense, only hindering progress.

Regards

Pete