The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC Registration causing FS to close.

Hi.

I bought a registration key for FSUPIC and followed the instructions to register it, but Im having some strange behaviour with my FS.

1. I opened FS and opened FSUPIC. Entered my Key and reg. details

2. I restarted FS as the module indicated.

3. I started a normal default flight and selected my PSS add on and no sound was heard.

4. I closed FS and restarted it again and after pressing the "fly now" button with the default Cessna flight, FS shuts down just as the airplane is loaded into the runway.

I tried several times and it kept doing the seme. (Im talking that it doesnt even last a second). Just loads the flight and shuts down imediately.

I started FS again and chose the default flight fro the "select a flight" menu and it loaded up ok. I saved it and went to try again starting FS as I normaly do........blup....shuts down imediately again.

Maybe I need to do something else with FSUPIC???

-Current STatus - I restored my system to an earlier date and opened FS to check that FSUPIC is not registered.

Thanks for your help.

Maybe I need to do something else with FSUPIC???

No. It sounds as if you have something installed which is faulty, and which only activates with FSUIPC.

In order to help at all as a minimum I need the FSUIPC version number and the FSUIPC Log file (from the FS Modules folder) for a complete session which crashed. A list of FS add-ons you have installed may also help, as it is most likely one of those.

If you are using FSUIPC version 3.71 or later, then user registration merely allows the use of all of the extra facilities in the FSUIPC Options menus. It doesn't change its behaviour of its own accord -- unless the Registration is a bad one. For instance, using a pirated Key, or using FSUIPC versions before 3.51 with a key made in 2006 or 2007.

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Its version 3.71. Ill post or send you an email with the log using the unregistered version since the registered version doesnt even let me get to choosing the modules menu, it closes imediately after the plane loads in the defult flights runway.

As of Add Ons, I do have quite a few (all registered and payware)

PSS 777

LevelD 767

PMDG 747 amd 737 (all variations)

Active Sky 6

Flight Environment

Ground Environment Pro.

My registration key is not pirated, It was purchased via simmarket just a couple of days ago.

Thanks for the support.

Its version 3.71. Ill post or send you an email with the log using the unregistered version since the registered version doesnt even let me get to choosing the modules menu, it closes imediately after the plane loads in the defult flights runway.

Could you try again with the KEY file in place, but after removing or deleting the FSUIPC.INI file, please?

PSS 777

LevelD 767

PMDG 747 amd 737 (all variations)

Active Sky 6

I assume ActiveSky isn't actually running when you start FS?

Does your default Flight use any of the above aircraft? If so, could you try booting up FS after renaming the default flight please?

If it still does the same thing, could you check the FS Modules folder to see if there are any other add-in DLLs, like PMDGoptions, or others, maybe from ActiveSky or the other aircraft installations. If so, could you temporarily remove them? Just move them into a work folder for now.

We are trying to find out what program or file is interacting oddly with FSUIPC in order to cause this problem. This process of elimination shouldn't take long or be difficult. Please let me know what you find.

My registration key is not pirated, It was purchased via simmarket just a couple of days ago.

Fine, but is it also a possibility that something you installed overwrote your FSUIPC with an older version? You say it is 3.71, but is that because you know you installed that, or have you actually double-checked? If the version is older than 3.51 there will be problems with your key which are effectively the same as if it were pirated -- that was the point of my comment.

Regards

Pete

Fine, but is it also a possibility that something you installed overwrote your FSUIPC with an older version? You say it is 3.71, but is that because you know you installed that, or have you actually double-checked? If the version is older than 3.51 there will be problems with your key which are effectively the same as if it were pirated -- that was the point of my comment.

I went into my main modules folder "C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Modules" and looked at the FSUPIC.dll and the version is 3.7.1.

Does your default Flight use any of the above aircraft? If so, could you try booting up FS after renaming the default flight please?

Ive had trouble before with loading another flight at startup so I always start with the default FS flight (cessna at Seattle) and move my way from there.

I assume ActiveSky isn't actually running when you start FS?

Active Sky is running before I open my FS. I first get weather and route weather and then I load up FS (you think this might be it?

Could you try again with the KEY file in place, but after removing or deleting the FSUIPC.INI file, please?

Pardon my ignorance...lol...the FSUPIC.INI is the file that has a notepad with a little yellow screw? I have a .dll, a Key file, a notepad file and then this other file...

BTW I forgot to mention I also have ACtive Camera.

Cheers.

Ive had trouble before with loading another flight at startup so I always start with the default FS flight (cessna at Seattle) and move my way from there.

Is there a weather file (.WX) associated with that? If so, could you try just renaming that, or even deleting it?

Active Sky is running before I open my FS. I first get weather and route weather and then I load up FS (you think this might be it?

I don't know -- it should not be. We are clutching at any straws we can get at present. Could you try booting FS without ActiveSky running, please?

Pardon my ignorance...lol...the FSUPIC.INI is the file that has a notepad with a little yellow screw? I have a .dll, a Key file, a notepad file and then this other file...

Probably. It sounds like you have Explorer set to that awful mode where it is hiding the proper filenames of things. It probably says it is a settings file or something. The other one you call a "notepad" file is probably the FSUIPC.LOG, which I will also want to see, please -- after one of these crashes.

BTW I forgot to mention I also have ACtive Camera.

Aha! Which version? Although it doesn't use FSUIPC at all, some of the earlier versions had a nasty conflict with FSUIPC causing FS to crash pretty convincingly. Can you make sure that your Active Camera version is fully up to date, as i know that problem was fixed in a later version.

Regards

Pete